The GoWR, TLOU2, and GoT, megathread! The soup of PS 1st Party goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Of course not. But DLSS/FSR is still (to my knowledge) only doing work on the final frame after all the composite operations.

Looks "stunning" is subjective. I'm talking about what goes on under the hood and the science behind it. 1440p upscaled to 4k will take away details from a full non-scaled backbuffer. That's just the facts. I can see the difference while others may not and that's OK. I'm just saying I would want the full 4k experience because it does look crisper than 1440p upscaled.

Yup 60FPS is way more smoother than 30FPS. No argument there. But for a game like this where ms from 30FPS vs. 60FPS isn't going to bog down the gameplay or input feedback, I'll take the higher resolution along with all the backbuffers being high res as well.
Going from 60fps to 30fps will massively lower temporal resolution and result in loss of details as well.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
unknown.png
Seems the original day was 11/11 as its in the launch video

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Seems clear Sony changed the date from 11.11.2022 at the last minute to avoid any drama lol.

They had promo stuff with 11.11 on it they tweeted today, then deleted.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It’s Sony. They will drop it the day you finish the game

I'd love to say this is a lie, but it's not. That said, they were the first to offer it and it's been a fairly new thing, so I hope it improves in the future.

If there are no graphical cutbacks, I'll play this at 60fps, if there are, 30fps it is for me!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 13

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Seems clear Sony changed the date from 11.11.2022 at the last minute to avoid any drama lol.

They had promo stuff with 11.11 on it they tweeted today, then deleted.
Good on them for doing that. No reason to sour the good relationship between the two companies and avoid attracting more hate from rabid green rats.

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
I would have hoped for a 120hz mode at launch with VRR already being there. I wonder if we'll have FSR since they added it to the PC version earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.