The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Review Thread

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah, about time I get my Switch collection going. I have 3 whole games for it and had the console for over a year. Gonna have to pick it up.
I've had my Switch since launch and have Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey and that's about it. I really don't want to pick this up because BOTW wasnt really good to me butttt I still might pick it up.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s pretty much feels like dlc expansion. Is it full of $70 worth of content? Probably. This is what I expect from Elden Ring’s upcoming dlc… layers over the existing game.

feels like I’m just playing a remake of botw honestly … same game

My hype is mostly deflated. In no rush now and not really compelled to keep going at it hours on end. Same shit as before. Combat is somehow worse and more clumsy than I remembered.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It’s pretty much feels like dlc expansion. Is it full of $70 worth of content? Probably. This is what I expect from Elden Ring’s upcoming dlc… layers over the existing game.

feels like I’m just playing a remake of botw honestly … same game

My hype is mostly deflated. In no rush now and not really compelled to keep going at it hours on end. Same shit as before. Combat is somehow worse and more clumsy than I remembered.
Thts why I'm going to pass on it till maybe next year.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Thts why I'm going to pass on it till maybe next year.

Yea if you didn’t like botw this isn’t gonna change your mind. It’s just a director’s cut plus dlc passed off as a sequel.

Fuse sucks. I said it. Silly gimmick. Why attach a boulder to my sword? Just give me a hammer that has more than two attacks.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I stand corrected then, lol. I wonder what the sudden hatred of sequels is all about.
Reusing the same base map (and expanding on it) makes it easy.

Thinking about it, you could say the same about Super Metroid vs regular Metroid, the map of the original game is a portion of the "new" one.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Reusing the same base map (and expanding on it) makes it easy.

Thinking about it, you could say the same about Super Metroid vs regular Metroid, the map of the original game is a portion of the "new" one.
Yeah to me thts dlc status. But hey ppl love what they love.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I’m enjoying the first few hours way way more than I did with BoTW. Nintendo surely can design games.

I’ve seem a lot of butthurt redfall fans. Yes this is a 30fps game but it runs on mobile phone tech from 2016. Nintendo ain’t going around claiming the switch is the ‘most powerful console’

Besides, redfall sucks at 30,60,90,120 or infinity frames per second.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I’m enjoying the first few hours way way more than I did with BoTW. Nintendo surely can design games.

I’ve seem a lot of butthurt redfall fans. Yes this is a 30fps game but it runs on mobile phone tech from 2016. Nintendo ain’t going around claiming the switch is the ‘most powerful console’

Besides, redfall sucks at 30,60,90,120 or infinity frames per second.
They comparison are ridiculous… even Switch can run these RedFail graphics at 30fps.

That makes you wonder what they were doing with Series X.

Ass of Can Whooping

9 Jul 2022
Scores actually feel deserved this time.

This is more like version 1.0. BOTW was just a template they sold for $60 until they finished the game.

Fuck the hardware though. This is Infuriating. Might just sell and wait.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Scores actually feel deserved this time.

This is more like version 1.0. BOTW was just a template they sold for $60 until they finished the game.

Fuck the hardware though. This is Infuriating. Might just sell and wait.
Yea the hardware is holding the game back hard. And I agree with you. The game might not be for everyone and it’s fine. But it’s a polished, fulfilled game with lots of content and next to jo bugs unlike that turd Redfall.

Reactions: Ass of Can Whooping

Ass of Can Whooping

9 Jul 2022
Yea the hardware is holding the game back hard. And I agree with you. The game might not be for everyone and it’s fine. But it’s a polished, fulfilled game with lots of content and next to jo bugs unlike that turd Redfall.

I didn't even like BOTW and i'm actually loving this (fuck the weapon durability still tho) which just goes to show just how much they've built upon the base.

Clowns like Peter don't seem to grasp nuance. if Redfall was actually a good game like this it wouldn't have received anywhere near as much flak for its technical shortcomings. We're all aware of the shortcomings of the switch and expected it. Nothing can be done about that. Redfall doesn't have that excuse.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Well, I'll take a look when the switch 2 comes out. Can't fucking handle 15fps and janky controls.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
One of my best gaming experiences ran at 20fps.

The issue with RedFail was not the 30fps… that was fine… the issue was really how can a game looking like PS2 games with tons of bugs running in 30fps on “most powerful console” Series X.

Comparing this new Zelda with RedFall is unbelievable… they are in the extreme opposition 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im gonna wait to play it on next Nintendo hardware. Id rather play it on better fps
Any information on how the weapon break system has improved?
Cant we use the master sword from the start?

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster