The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Review Thread

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Whats the fusion ability? How does it work?
I’m drunk… actually it is Fuse ability I believe.
You can create weapon from basically anything from the environment at any time… plus you can use hard things to fuse with your weapon and makes it hard to break.

You can use Fuse with weapons and shield only but the number of things you can fuse is massive… almost everything can be fused.

• fire
Reactions: Kokoloko

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Well, I'll take a look when the switch 2 comes out. Can't fucking handle 15fps and janky controls.
Same. BOTW put me off enough not to be day one for any Zelda games with that template

The big irony is BOTW is everything a lot of people say is bad about open worlds. Free pass for Nintendo though

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Only thing i hate from this game is the weapon degradation...

It really trigger my ocd man...

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I’m drunk… actually it is Fuse ability I believe.
You can create weapon from basically anything from the environment at any time… plus you can use hard things to fuse with your weapon and makes it hard to break.

You can use Fuse with weapons and shield only but the number of things you can fuse is massive… almost everything can be fused.
But do you eventually get a real sword that will not break?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Very slow start.

Yea this was killing me. The intro sky isles are pretty much a carbon copy of the intro to botw. Same format. Learn the game’s new gimmicks, deal with cold weather with spicy food.

It definitely isn’t doing the game any favors. The opening is very weak.

I don’t like fuse one bit. Attaching boulders to my already shitty weapons that break after 5 hits is kinda lame and stupid looking. I’d rather just use weapons with more than two attacks.

It’s a loot system. And it’s an absolutely trash loot system… because you’re mostly using twigs.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yea this was killing me. The intro sky isles are pretty much a carbon copy of the intro to botw. Same format. Learn the game’s new gimmicks, deal with cold weather with spicy food.

It definitely isn’t doing the game any favors. The opening is very weak.

I don’t like fuse one bit. Attaching boulders to my already shitty weapons that break after 5 hits is kinda lame and stupid looking. I’d rather just use weapons with more than two attacks.

It’s a loot system. And it’s an absolutely trash loot system… because you’re mostly using twigs.
Ultrahand worked better than expected, but I also don't like fuse, really awkward.

I also am bothered by how a $70 game that will sell so much has mostly read only lines.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Eh I don’t mind that at all. Sorta prefer it seeing how the voice acting here is mostly bad.

Impressions are getting better for me. Leaving the introduction sky sequence helps a lot. Went to purrah’s village first. Like I mentioned earlier… the intro sky isles being a copy and paste of botw’s intro was a bit of a kill joy. Especially since it came off nowhere near as interesting second time playing the same kind of everything.

I liked how that town was showcased. I don’t want to spoil anything. They’re getting better at building towns. I hope this is a thing throughout the game.

I’m sorta gonna b-line to quest objectives. Depends what I find a long the way.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't like that I lost all my hearts and stamina. It was a chore to get them in BOTW. At least let us keep half of it so we don't feel like we're restarting the same game.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Same. BOTW put me off enough not to be day one for any Zelda games with that template

The big irony is BOTW is everything a lot of people say is bad about open worlds. Free pass for Nintendo though
I don’t know.

I avoid most of open world games because 99% of them are the same boring shit.

BotW changed that and did open world right… you have freedom to do what you want anytime and you can interact with basically everything in the world… you move in the world and always have something happening around you… it is alive just how open world should be.

Imagine what happened when a game tried to copy BotW open world? Well Souls games exploded in popularity when Elden Ring become the BorW open world in Souls games.

So I don’t believe it is just Nintendo feee pass because this type of open world worked massively successful in Elden Ring…

While there people that won’t like that type of open world seems like most of the market loves it… and we need to acknowledge that Nintendo indeed create an absolutely amazing game with BotW.

IMO if most open world games tried to copy BotW like Elden Ring did I should be playing way more open world games instead to avoid most of them 😘

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
I love everything about it but there are a couple of things I dislike, the lack of controller customization the performance is absolutely terrible especially when you pick up items using the new special moves, I wish Nintendo saved this for the new gen system. Also, they should've allowed you to transfer some items if you played the pervious game not just the horses.

Reactions: Vertigo and ethomaz

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don’t know.

I avoid most of open world games because 99% of them are the same boring shit.

BotW changed that and did open world right… you have freedom to do what you want anytime and you can interact with basically everything in the world… you move in the world and always have something happening around you… it is alive just how open world should be.

Imagine what happened when a game tried to copy BotW open world? Well Souls games exploded in popularity when Elden Ring become the BorW open world in Souls games.

So I don’t believe it is just Nintendo feee pass because this type of open world worked massively successful in Elden Ring…

While there people that won’t like that type of open world seems like most of the market loves it… and we need to acknowledge that Nintendo indeed create an absolutely amazing game with BotW.

IMO if most open world games tried to copy BotW like Elden Ring did I should be playing way more open world games instead to avoid most of them 😘
Lmao elden ring copying botw? Now I've heard it all

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I love everything about it but there are a couple of things I dislike, the lack of controller customization the performance is absolutely terrible especially when you pick up items using the new special moves, I wish Nintendo saved this for the new gen system. Also, they should've allowed you to transfer some items if you played the pervious game not just the horses.
I have not tried it yet, but I think an emulator would fix the performance problems easily.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Yea the button swaps they offer are insufficient. I want to take crouch off L3 for starters. And to run and jump is always clumsy where I feel like I sorta have to claw grip to do so. A bit cumbersome. I was similarly disappointed with Metroid Prime remaster’s options. There’s obvious improvements that can be made so I don’t fight with them as much. You could say the same about audio options. Combat sound effects and chimes are too loud and I just want the music up :/