THE PlayStation Showcase Predictions Thread!

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
When bought they said that weren't working in any remake or remaster, but instead on 'original content'. Later we knew that 'original content' was that they were working as support team in God of War Ragnarok.
You really need to stop jumping to conclusions like that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Satoru

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You really need to stop jumping to conclusions like that.
You really need to stop ignoring facts and reality like that:

Just after that sentence I posted the link that officially confirmed that the game they were working on was God of War Ragnarok, and obviously in a support role because everybody knows that the lead studio for that game is SSM.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Satoru

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
It's oficial data from Sony/Bluepoint. Last year they had 69 employees:

image.png

In their LinkedIn they have 74 today, so the number doen't seem to have changed much:
image.png

Bluepoint's boss, when acquired by Sony said that they were working on 'original content', not a remake and not a remaster:

"Our next project, we're working on original content right now. We can't talk about what that is, but that's the next step in the evolution for us,"..."The transition from remasters to remakes was to test ourselves and push ourselves harder for the next step,"... "Thrush said, noting the team was at about 15 people during the production of the original God of War collection, right now is at about 70 employees, and grew to 95 people at its peak during Demon's Souls (with outsourcing work, too)."

"Our team is a very highly experienced team, the average experience among most people is about 15 years, and all of them come from original development. It’s not like we’re a bunch of developers that got trained up on making remasters and remakes. We have that original game development mindset in our hearts, and that’s what we’re now ready, finally ready with the support of Sony to push forward and show what we can do, and show what PlayStation can do.”
https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-acquires-bluepoint-next-game-playstation-exclusive

Time later it was officially confirmed that Bluepoint was one of the studios who worked on God of War Ragnarok, a game released this November. So that was their 'original content':

Maybe in your fantasies.

I post factual data with direct sources to back my points, you two simply act like toxic people without sharing factual data to counter what I say or to back your points. So it's the factual data I provide vs your opinions or personal guesses.

None of that is factual. You're just abstracting a narrative to suit your argument

Here is the facts:
Bluepoint helped with God of War Ragnarok

Not facts:
Bluepoint were referring to Ragnarok when talk about original content
Bluepoint was working on Ragnarok for two years
All 70+ Bluepoint developers were working on Ragnarok

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
None of that is factual. You're just abstracting a narrative to suit your argument

Here is the facts:

Not facts:
I went and watched the credits of GoW: Ragnarok, the vast majority of Bluepoint is credited. I didn't count precisely but there's at least 50 names on there from Bluepoint including the entire engineering team, artists, design team, producers, managerial staff, QA.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I went and watched the credits of GoW: Ragnarok, the vast majority of Bluepoint is credited. I didn't count precisely but there's at least 50 names on there from Bluepoint including the entire engineering team, artists, design team, producers, managerial staff, QA.
Means nothing. They could have come in at crunch time to help for 6 weeks for all we know

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Means nothing. They could have come in at crunch time to help for 6 weeks for all we know
Okay? They said they were working on 'original content' at the end of 2021. What's more likely, that dozens of artists went in for 6 weeks during crunch time when all the art assets are already done and they're working on bug squashing, or that they've been on the project since demons souls wrapped and a small portion of their studio works on pre-production for their next big thing?

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Okay? They said they were working on 'original content' at the end of 2021. What's more likely, that dozens of artists went in for 6 weeks during crunch time when all the art assets are already done and they're working on bug squashing, or that they've been on the project since demons souls wrapped and a small portion of their studio works on pre-production for their next big thing?
Neither is more or less likely. As I said, the only fact is that they worked on Ragnarok. There is no indications on the scale of that project, if that was the only work they were doing. And from their teases it definitely isn't the only thing they've been working on

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Here is the facts:

Not facts:
It's a fact that they are about 70 full time employees, and as can be seen in their linkedin page, not everyone inside a gamedev studio is a developer: there's people from HR, accounting/finances, Legal, IT/sys admins, the janitor, the office manager, studio manager/executives, etc. who pretty likely won't appear credited in game credits when they're a support team.

Seems that other than them, everyone else in the studio has been credited in GoWR, and if you go to check their Linkedin, fhe few who mention when they did start to work in GoWR they mention 2021 (shipped demon's souls in mid november 2020). They also mention to have worked in Demon's Souls before, so pretty likely everybody worked on Demon's Souls and after it moved to GoWR to work until 2022 (GoWR was released November 2022) or "today"(pretty likely didn't update their linkedin to mention they stopped working on it).

One who mentions as shipped titles Demon's Souls and GoWR and that he's working on unannounced title. Where it's fair to assume the whole team is working now.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

In the case of Katie she is the only one that mentions an unannounced project that goes from after Demon's Souls until "today" and doesn't mention GoWR. So that project could be GoWR and she simply forgot to update linkedin, something common. Seems she added lighting artist to her senior environment artist role in March 2021, but it's also possible that she (and maybe the whole team) started to work in GoWR in March 2021.

When looking at the devs of Bluepoint (leaving aside the non-dev profiles I mentioned above), basically everybody there are producers, artists (including here lighting, vfx, riggers, animation, ui...), coders (adding here tech, tools/engine, engineers...) or testers (QA).

In their LinkedIn there aren't signs -other than possibly Katie- of them having worked in other project at the same time than GoWR. Everything leads to think they were in Demon's Souls, later in GoWR and after it in an unannounced game, which apparently they aren't leading (they are a support team/it's a remaster or remake).

If they were making their own game as lead studio instead of working on a remake/remaster/support role, they would also have a team of designers (game designers, level designers, ui designer, economy designers, gameplay designers, combat designers, writers, etc) but they only have a single game designer and a level designer, both with a very high seniority.

And the level designer was hired in september 2022, when GoWR was almost completed and they were making the last tweaking and bugfixing. So they hired them for the game where they must be working on after GoWR, that since they don't have a complete enough design team, must be another codevelopment/job in support role where other team has the lead, or it's another remaster/remake.

Seeing that his head mentioned that they want to distance from remasters and remakes and focus more in original content, I'd bet they'll support another AAA game leaded and designed by some other studio (who knows, could be SSM, ND, Firewalk, FromSoft... I have no idea).

Having a Lead Level Designer leads to think it isn't a remaster/remake, or in case it would be the case, pretty likely would mean that they'd heavily modify it, but I assume that a lead with such seniority would join the studio to work in new games and not remakes/remasters.

image.png

image.png

Last edited:
Reactions: anonpuffs

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I updated my post, after researching Cory's new IP seems he said at least twice that took a month or two of vacations after GoW 2018 release and after it he wanted to pitch it to Sony. I assume that Sony greenlighted it and have been working on it since H2 2018.

Considering it must be made by a very cohesive team, and covid, and that next gen engine would be required and that it's a new IP I assume would need 6 years, meaning H2 2024 release. Which would make it a great pretty likely candidate to be announced here at least with a teaser.

I think this and Bungie's (Matter?) new IP are the best candidates to close the show.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
From 3rd party games, I think Resident Evill 9 will be shown. We got rumors about RE8 village then it came up on playstation 5 showcase.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Neither is more or less likely. As I said, the only fact is that they worked on Ragnarok. There is no indications on the scale of that project, if that was the only work they were doing. And from their teases it definitely isn't the only thing they've been working on

I agree. I don't think Bluepoint would be doing as much teasing as they are if they were only doing support work.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I know its a fake list but i hope its true, Especially an Astro Bot sequel
iGVEEB6.jpg

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I agree. I don't think Bluepoint would be doing as much teasing as they are if they were only doing support work.
Read what the head of Bluepoint said before announcing they were working on God of War Ragnarok, "the next step in the evolution for them after making remasters and remakes" (to support in an original game):
https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-acquires-bluepoint-next-game-playstation-exclusive

image.png

image.png

Also, during this period the studio had 70-77 people, and the ones who are devs were credited in GoW. Many of them mention in linkedin that worked on GoWR since early 2021 to late 2022. You have examples in other posts above.

In linkedIn they have all their workers except one, so the game where they have been working on since they shipped GoWR will be also in a support role because their design team only has two game designers and a single level designer, not enough to lead a AAA title.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I updated my post, after researching Cory's new IP seems he said at least twice that took a month or two of vacations after GoW 2018 release and after it he wanted to pitch it to Sony. I assume that Sony greenlighted it and have been working on it since H2 2018.

Considering it must be made by a very cohesive team, and covid, and that next gen engine would be required and that it's a new IP I assume would need 6 years, meaning H2 2024 release. Which would make it a great pretty likely candidate to be announced here at least with a teaser.

I think this and Bungie's (Matter?) new IP are the best candidates to close the show.

I think new IP's are the most exciting things to see.... especially from creators as prolific as Bungie and Cory / Santa Monica Studio

But a re-imagining or a property seeing it's first really great interpretation as a game is also pretty high up there for me.

Reactions: Dr Bass