The Snitch: Playstation x "S" announcement is imminent

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Sony takes pretty much all markets for grandet and care only about the US since it's the only relevant one where MS was somewhat competitive. The problem is this ended up shaping Sony to only have 2 out of 20+ studios to Japanese.

I don't understand where Sony sees a risk, given that plenty of those Japanese publisher are already very profitable.
That why I think rumours of Sony buying SE is not exactly bad, because it shows at least they show a bit care Japanese market.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'll welcome it, SE has laughably terrible leadership despite having some great IPs and studios.
The question is, are Jim and Hermen even worse? I hope if they acquire SE that they don't make them chase gaas... I'll keel over if DQ12 is riddled with mtx

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The question is, are Jim and Hermen even worse? I hope if they acquire SE that they don't make them chase gaas... I'll keel over if DQ12 is riddled with mtx
I think anyone can do worse than selling Cristal Dynamic, Eidos Montreal along with ips like Tomb Raider, Deus Ex and Soulreaver for about $300m.

If anyone is going to try to make something GaaS/mobile is going to be SE.

SE devs must be ridiculous talented to still get many quality games out under those conditions.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Sucker Punch, Bend, Insomiac, Bluepoints, etc still working on singleplayer games so probably no.

FFXIV is live service though.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Told you guys he was bullshitting

View attachment 1899
Nobody expected an acquisition tbh. I doubt Sony would ever share with a clout chaser high profiled information.
He didn’t do himself a favour by doing this late April fools. His track record was mostly correct because the rumours suggests he is working as Social Media Manger (YouTube), that’s why he could leak games before they got announced. Well if Sony acquires a publisher we will know it when it’s announced per press release.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

View attachment 1899
The Snitch wasn't bullshiting, he only tweeted 'P x S'.

It's the OP and other random people who mentioned acquisitions, that it's something related to PlayStation, that there is an imminent announcement etc.

Jim and Hermen are the most successful people that SIE and PS Studios ever had. Their games sell more than ever, get better reviews and more awards than ever did before, they have a very low rate of games that tank and they are growing their teams to release more games than ever. They are great managers.

GaaS are a minority of the PS Studios titles under development, and most of them are being made by teams who already made GaaS.

Sony said they won't make acquisitions in the short term, so forget them announcing that bought they Square Enix. But in case they would buy them, they would keep Square Enix doing what they already do: some of their games/teams being GaaS (Final Fantasy XIV, mobile games...) and some non-GaaS (Final Fantasy XVI, FFVII Rebirth, Nier Automata, etc).

Don't worry, Sony putting MTX in Dragon Quest XII will never happen, it's only another one of your weird fantasies created by hate.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022

View attachment 1899
There it's. Even rubbing it in. Desperate minds make for easy targets. You can't laugh harder at your audience even if you tried.

Also, simping for clout chasing "leakers" by some posters here 🤦‍♂️... seen it all now.

"That's not what he meant".... "akshually what he said was...." :ROFLMAO::cry:

Jaysus take the wheel! 👨‍🦳🛞🐑

Being purposefully ambiguous while just close enough to a few things of relevance is the game - by the book.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
There it's. Even rubbing it in. Desperate minds make for easy targets. You can't laugh harder at your audience even if you tried.

Also, simping for clout chasing "leakers" by some posters here 🤦‍♂️... seen it all now.

"That's not what he meant".... "akshually what he said was...." :ROFLMAO::cry:

Jaysus take the wheel! 👨‍🦳🛞🐑

Being purposefully ambiguous while just close enough to a few things of relevance is the game - by the book.
He only tweeted 3 letters and then some people like you or the OP started to create some unrealistic theories about acquisition even if Sony said they won't have acquisitions this FY. That's all.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
He only tweeted 3 letters and then some people like you or the OP started to create some unrealistic theories about acquisition even if Sony said they won't have acquisitions this FY. That's all.
What theories are you even talking about? OP said Slim. And I made a general comment on the obvious - that people are going to assume the "S" means Square and yap away to their hearts content, specially the militant weebs. Moreover if my first post in this thread serves as anything, is as a dismissal of the obvious manipulative behavior of the "leaker" in question. A clear cut, standard social media clout chaser.

You do know the whole shtick of that mans twitter posts is to get people to speculate like headless chicken in all directions correct? Mission accomplished, with a bit of disdain thrown at the desperate too, the "my god they're that dumb" - cause well they do deserve it even if it's just plain wrong. When presented with evidence of that disdain (God&Mosters post) somehow your go-to reaction was "akshually" instead of condemnation - that's is crazy odd. But then again, defending the man in previous posts does create a dilemma when a "bad look" post with evidence comes around. Moreover you had to respond to an indirect general reply of mine cause it hit too close to home - usually when its accurate and damming it does beg a reaction. Unfortunately the responses are usually emotional instead of reflective - despite the bit of comedy that I try to add.

What is worse than desperate folks falling for the obvious play is that you have posters, like you, simping for the guy's integrity or "record" - the translator of choice, as if he wasn't a manipulative attention seeking clout chaser obvious to anyone - with clearly a poor, distasteful opinion of his own audience. And that is all your post history in this thread amounts to, more or less. The meme... "akshually" applies too well. Naturally I can see why it bothers - the truth often does.

Last edited:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
What theories are you even talking about? OP said Slim. And I made a general comment on the obvious - that people are going to assume the "S" means Square and yap away to their hearts content, specially the militant weebs. Moreover if my first post in this thread serves as anything, is as a dismissal of the obvious manipulative behavior of the "leaker" in question. A clear cut, standard social media clout chaser.

You do know the whole shtick of that mans twitter post is to get people to speculate like headless chicken in all directions correct? Mission accomplished, with a bit of disdain thrown at the desperate too - cause well they do deserve it.

What's actually worse than desperate folks falling for the obvious play is that you have posters, like you, simping for the guy's integrity or "record", as if he wasn't a manipulative attension seeking clout chaser obvious to anyone. And that is all your post history in this thread amounts too.
Nobody was convinced it would be an acquisition. Don’t make up stuff. This is so typical for you to revert into insults into referring to Weebs. You western mass consume zombies have the worst taste in gaming overall. On the day Sony announces Square Enix I will personally congratulate you Japanese gaming hater.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
What do you mean? All I get from that hint is Pro X Slim(and this is the one I want the most anyway LOL 😂).

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Nobody was convinced it would be an acquisition. Don’t make up stuff. This is so typical for you to revert into insults into referring to Weebs. You western mass consume zombies have the worst taste in gaming overall. On the day Sony announces Square Enix I will personally congratulate you Japanese gaming hater.
You should look at yourself in the mirror with your responses. They're usually extremely packed with hate. Btw, it's you who take offense at the word weeb, as if it applies personally to you and thus you're some sort of weeb defender on this forum that must draw sword and somehow battle with me or anyone that uses the term with hate filled replies (somehow you think that's gonna scare people, get them to back off or something - very weird). If it doesn't apply to you or inaccurate why even respond? And I'm told it's actually Otaku - the proper term. But whatever weeb gets the point across. The only thing your anger and hate filled replies do is just reinforce the notion - not dispel it. But you're not self aware. As I told you the last time you blew a gasket, and I've been ignoring some sniping as well cause you're obviously a bit off your rocker... it's not personal or even addressed at you but you make your reaction personal. That's a you problem.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Vertigo

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
You should look at yourself in the mirror with your responses. They're usually extremely packed with hate. Btw, it's you who take offense at the word weeb, as if it's applies personally to you and thus you're some sort of weeb defender on this forum that must draw sword and somehow battle with me or anyone that uses the term with hate filled replies (somehow you think that's gonna scare people or something - very weird). If it doesn't apply to you or inaccurate why even respond? And I'm told it's actually Otaku - the proper term. But whatever weeb gets the point across. The only thing your anger and hate filled replies do is just reinforce the notion - not dispel it. But you're not self aware. As I told you the last time you blew a gasket, and I've been ignoring some sniping as well cause you're obviously a bit off your rocker... it's not personal or even addressed at you but you make your reaction personal. That's a you problem.
Well maybe I wouldn’t respond this annoyed when you wouldn’t purposely provoke people. Do you realise how lowly to talk about Japanese gaming?
Weebs/Otakus are hardcore Japan Fans. I don’t watch Anime nor do I read Manga. I also didn’t visit Japan nor do I wish to date a Japanese woman lol. I prefer games made by Japanese because of their aesthetics and culture. I don’t know what’s your take but every time we discuss about Sony probably buying a Japanese pub you do react villainous. What does it bother you when Sony would buy a Japanese company? Every time guys do provide solid arguments why Sony would need to acquire more Japanese assets, you write comments like fans of Japanese games are some rednecks. You downplay everything in regard to Japan. This maybe why me or other do react annoyed.
It nothing personal but I really despise when people talk lowly about Japanese gaming.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
You can be a fan of Japanese software annd culture and not be all for the niche weeb stuff like Nier and the waifu simulators.

Best thing FF16 did was drop the weeb factor so it’s not cringe to play.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
You can be a fan of Japanese software annd culture and not be all for the niche weeb stuff like Nier and the waifu simulators.

Best thing FF16 was drop the weeb factor so it’s not cringe to play.
Well Nier is not really a weeb stuff. It’s a spiritual successor to Drakengard. Drakengard and Nier was always Action combat, so less Otaku related.