The Verge: Pentiment is set to be the first game to go multiplatform

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Oh no, someone with terrible opinions ignored me.

Mods, halp.

Imagine wanting to play GTA 6
Imagine wanting to play GTA

Isometric RPGs and RTS only, I'm a man of taste.
GTA6 will be so immersive you'll be able to build your own PC and play RPGs and RTS games inside the game. :ROFLMAO:

That is the type of wild stuff you would read on Starfield and Cyberpunk reddit before those games released. I wonder if it's going to be the same with GTA6.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nah people will double dip but no one is waiting a year for GTA6
Lol, Im waiting so there goes that theory out the window.

Double dippers soon turn into Ill wait till it comes to PC.

Its gonna break record numbers anyway, but that doesnt paint the full
Picture for 6-7 years

"Kinda surprised by God of War numbers.

I double dipped and have it on Ps4 and PC. Probably will wait for the pc port of GoW 2, waiting for Horizon: forbidden West PC port as well"

There are plenty of comments like this,
Forums, twitter and people I know in real life

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Oh no, someone with terrible opinions ignored me.

Mods, halp.

Imagine wanting to play GTA 6
Imagine wanting to play GTA

Isometric RPGs and RTS only, I'm a man of taste.
My brother in isometrics.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

• Shake
Reactions: xollowsob

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
GTA is an unicorn. It wouldn't surprise me if R* negotiates a % over console sales.

The heart of the matter is knowing when GTA Online 2 will be up and running with the whale cards. And what they are going to do with OG GTA Online. Will one canibalize the other? What if GTA online is still strong? Will they pull a move from valves playbook and kill GTA Online to replace it with 2?

If GTA online 2 is up and running from day one I think it's more likely to have a day one PC release. You can make that double dipping incremental revenue with a couple shark cards, and if sold via R* launcher on PC I assume R* won't have to revenue share.

On the other hand, you can still make do with GTA Online revenue on PC while working on GTA VI PC and give time for more and more PC gamers to upgrade: GTA V runs on absolute toasters, VI won't so it will have a reduced pñayerbase from the get go unless it has a Fortnite like performance mode.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
And all of them combined make for a tiny fraction of the overall PlayStation install base.
Thats not a good enough point, still losing fans and giving people a choice to go elsewhere. That number can turn from a "tiny fraction" to more and more. Imagine not losing anyone...
Imagine keeping fans and gaing more fans instead of sellinh 1-2 million copies on PC lol. Which one is worth more?

And hardcore fans leaving isnt something that is good.

Ive spent thousands on PSN, so have my friends And brother.
That means alot more than the new teen that buys a PS to play GTA and fornite and buys 1-2 games a year.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Lol, Im waiting so there goes that theory out the window.

Double dippers soon turn into Ill wait till it comes to PC.

Its gonna break record numbers anyway, but that doesnt paint the full
Picture for 6-7 years

"Kinda surprised by God of War numbers.

I double dipped and have it on Ps4 and PC. Probably will wait for the pc port of GoW 2, waiting for Horizon: forbidden West PC port as well"

There are plenty of comments like this,
Forums, twitter and people I know in real life

Weird. I doubt it, but weird. Why tell on yourself like that?

Sony putting more and more titles on PC is a terrible idea, but imagine skipping the GTA6 zeitgeist and then admitting to it.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Weird. I doubt it, but weird. Why tell on yourself like that?

Sony putting more and more titles on PC is a terrible idea, but imagine skipping the GTA6 zeitgeist and then admitting to it.
I loved GTA4 but wasnt a fan of GTA5 single player and overall driving controls. I have a huge backlog. Maybe I change my mind, but depends on PC/PS situation

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

I loved GTA4 but wasnt a fan of GTA5 single player and overall driving controls. I have a huge backlog. Maybe I change my mind, but depends on PC/PS situation

Same here. Loved san Andreas and IV. GTA V was ok I guess. Quite a letdown after all the hype. Very Lowe expectations for VI.

I would be thrilled for RDR3 though.

Reactions: Kokoloko

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
MS started doing day 1 Steam releases in 2019, and they'd be even more screwed today if they hadn't. How can you even greenlight the development of a game as big as Starfield with only ~15M customers to sell to?
They started doing day with PC since 2014 and the IP and console sales have been on the decline ever since.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just fucking lol. With the way you talk, doubt you're old enough to cross the street alone, let alone be a man. Fucking hell, what a pathetic comment.
Night Sky was one of my favorite posters but I don't recognize that new reincarnation at all. I doubt it's the same person 😒

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

If you leave me, you're dead to me. :(

And to drop this kind of news on Valentine Day, have you no soul.

Coffin Dancing GIF

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If you leave me, you're dead to me. :(

And to drop this kind of news on Valentine Day, have you no soul.

Coffin Dancing GIF
Dont worry we can play on Crossplay :).
Sony CEO’s dropped the news, before Phil could even go 3rd party lol

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Same here. Loved san Andreas and IV. GTA V was ok I guess. Quite a letdown after all the hype. Very Lowe expectations for VI.

I would be thrilled for RDR3 though.
Ooo yeah Id love me some RDR3.

If the driving controls are better in GTA6 (Closer to GTA4 and not Sega Rally). And my first few missions arent, “follow this sports car with a pick up truck”, then it would be off to a better start than GTA5

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Just fucking lol. With the way you talk, doubt you're old enough to cross the street alone, let alone be a man. Fucking hell, what a pathetic comment.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am rubber
You are glue.

Keep seething.