UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection for PC may release on Oct 19th

Midn1ght

27 Jun 2022
I've already had this debate with you on GAF @Yurinka, I won't debate forever.
You believe it's fake, I believe it's real. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

The real question anyway is: will they ever release The Nathan Drake Collection on PC?
Come on now...

Reactions: rofif

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You believe it's fake, I believe it's real. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

The real question anyway is: will they ever release The Nathan Drake Collection on PC?
Come on now...

if it was up to me, no. I'm against these PC ports. Just cancel them.

Reactions: KiryuRealty

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

Come on now...
The nvidia list is 100% real.
Fan list? what? People working at nvidia have better things to do.

The list is real. The question is what it depicts. All titles that ever touched nvidia drivers API? All titles nvidia helps with? Or internal tests? Can be anything

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
The list is real. The question is what it depicts. All titles that ever touched nvidia drivers API? All titles nvidia helps with? Or internal tests? Can be anything

It could be everything ever loaded into someone's "library" on GeForce Now. Devs with accounts linked to a pub, using GeForce Now (COVID anyone?) as soon as they log in and even look at their library are going to cause an API call to Steam that returns the name and likely some metadata of the games in that library.

Why would some games be there and not others? Well not all devs are going to use Steam to share builds. Even if they do,not all developers are going to have someone on their team login to GeForce Now. But COVID could have caused an uptick in that type of thing happening as people worked from home and some companies increased their global work from home workforce too. Even if a company has a legit streaming solution installed at their datacenter/office doesn't mean every dev is going to have a good connection to it. But have a good connection to GeForce now? Well then why not use it?

Why all the weirds stuff? Well it's braindead easy to create a Steam account. You just need a "Tax ID" from a registered business in your country. It's a wild west from there, upload whatever you want to mess around with.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Midn1ght

27 Jun 2022
May I ask why? I'm happy to substantiate my opinion :)
I don't really want to start a heated debate about exclusives going to PC.
I believe that exclusives going to PC down the line is beneficial for everyone and don't believe in the narrative that it's going to hurt their core console business.
I firmly believe the PC crowd and the console crowd are two separate entity and that the amount of console players jumping ship to PC is inconsequential to the greater number. PS5 is doing so well you can't find one.
Same goes for how many potential more consoles/subscriptions they would sell if their games stayed 100% exclusive. Would they sell a few more? Sure. Would that have a greater financial impact than selling these games on PC? Time will tell but I don't think so.

I'm happy to read your opinion on the matter of course.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
It could be everything ever loaded into someone's "library" on GeForce Now. Devs with accounts linked to a pub, using GeForce Now (COVID anyone?) as soon as they log in and even look at their library are going to cause an API call to Steam that returns the name and likely some metadata of the games in that library.

Why would some games be there and not others? Well not all devs are going to use Steam to share builds. Even if they do,not all developers are going to have someone on their team login to GeForce Now. But COVID could have caused an uptick in that type of thing happening as people worked from home and some companies increased their global work from home workforce too. Even if a company has a legit streaming solution installed at their datacenter/office doesn't mean every dev is going to have a good connection to it. But have a good connection to GeForce now? Well then why not use it?

Why all the weirds stuff? Well it's braindead easy to create a Steam account. You just need a "Tax ID" from a registered business in your country. It's a wild west from there, upload whatever you want to mess around with.
yeah totally. But the list is still real. It's just anything

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I don't really want to start a heated debate about exclusives going to PC.
I believe that exclusives going to PC down the line is beneficial for everyone and don't believe in the narrative that it's going to hurt their core console business.
I firmly believe the PC crowd and the console crowd are two separate entity and that the amount of console players jumping ship to PC is inconsequential to the greater number. PS5 is doing so well you can't find one.
Same goes for how many potential more consoles/subscriptions they would sell if their games stayed 100% exclusive. Would they sell a few more? Sure. Would that have a greater financial impact than selling these games on PC? Time will tell but I don't think so.

I'm happy to read your opinion on the matter of course.
I actually would expect there are more pc players owning a console too, rather than console players moving to pc

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

From a game design standpoint, and having to optimise for many more platforms - PC is not just one platform, there are infinite amounts of possible configurations - It will not be beneficial for gamers. I don't believe for one bit that PS Studios will waste as much time in getting 200% of the core system when they have so many more configurations to be concerned with.

I've seen plenty of people saying they will sell their PS5 and move to PC, because they already have one. That said, my concern is not the ones that move, but rather the loss of revenue, which is not limited to store cuts. Games on PC are cheaper, so that's less revenue. Then you also get less revenue because you pay a store cut. You also lose revenue from peripherals.

It's not cut and dry.

Their PC revenue has been very low. GOW alone was pirated over 2 million times on PC, and Sony sold just over 1 million. Is it worth breaking your customer trust for 30 million net, at most?

Additionally, I'm fundamentally against because it breaks the ecossystem. This is why Apple (except for Apple Music) doesn't port their Apps to Windows - You want them, you use their ecossystem. The more people in your ecossystem, the more revenue from store cut, peripherals, hardware, etc. It's a snowball effect. We're actually seeing the effects of Sony's exclusive policy in their evergrowing revenue, and I think we'll only see the effects of this approach to PC ports in 3 to 5 years time.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
From a game design standpoint, and having to optimise for many more platforms - PC is not just one platform, there are infinite amounts of possible configurations - It will not be beneficial for gamers. I don't believe for one bit that PS Studios will waste as much time in getting 200% of the core system when they have so many more configurations to be concerned with.

Sony's current strategy that they've stated fairly clearly is to focus on PS5 development and then hand the games off to a port studios and/or have a small team from the dev work on the port.

They don't have to worry about "infinite configurations" on initial development.. and either way, what exactly do people think devs are doing behind the scenes? They are creating games that internally have all of the configuration options a PC has... because they don't know when developing what will actually work once the game is optimized. Their "performance mode" and "fidelity modes" are just a bunch of different settings changed behind the scenes... on PC? You expose all of those settings.

People think "infinite configurations" is all that meaningful to PC devs but it really isn't. Expose settings, and test on a few configurations and then release your game. How exactly does anyone think any PC dev happens at all? They aren't QA'ing on endless configs.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
People think "infinite configurations" is all that meaningful to PC devs but it really isn't. Expose settings, and test on a few configurations and then release your game. How exactly does anyone think any PC dev happens at all? They aren't QA'ing on endless configs.

And yet you don't have the same low level API access on PC development which you have on your console. Also, for PC, most still develop for HDDs, which impacts design choices.

Reactions: Umar

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
And yet you don't have the same low level API access on PC development which you have on your console. Also, for PC, most still develop for HDDs, which impacts design choices.
- So you build a DirectX or Vulkan renderer for your engine. That's almost entirely what these ports are about. As long as your engine has proper separation of concerns, with a rendering pipeline that you can replace you are halfway there. Again nothing particularly exotic about the PS5 other than I/O. Is it "easy"? No.. but it's something a small team can do... hence why.. well.. small teams have done Sony's PC ports lol
- Not all games are going to push I/O that far in the first place.. just because it's there as a design "option" doesn't mean every game is going to push it that far. If a game pushes it too far? Well just wait a few years to release.. which is what Sony is doing anyways.. PC will more than catch up quite soon. More CPU usage on PC for those tasks w/ DirectStorage? Sure... but particularly since those kinds of tasks are offloaded to different cores on a CPU, the PC can handle a little extra usage than consoles.

And you don't have to release everything on PC anyways... or release it so much later that it doesn't matter.

Reactions: Deleted member 13

Midn1ght

27 Jun 2022
Sony is delegating ports to studios like Nixxes, Iron Galaxy, Jetpack Interactive, etc... Studios developing big AAA games for PlayStation will still be 100% focused on delivering the best console version.

Development for PC can always be tricky of course but so far they did a great job and delivered solid post-release updates and fixes. I'd go as far as saying they're doing a better job than Microsoft on that front.

I've seen plenty of people saying they will sell their PS5 and move to PC, because they already have one. That said, my concern is not the ones that move, but rather the loss of revenue, which is not limited to store cuts. Games on PC are cheaper, so that's less revenue. Then you also get less revenue because you pay a store cut. You also lose revenue from peripherals.

It's not cut and dry.
People saying so are probably a vocal minority and fanboys/trolls talking shit. Even so, I honestly don't think we'll see a massive exodus of players leaving consoles for PC.
Regarding the others points, we don't know if Sony doesn't have special deals. Epic sign deals with publishers all the time and Valve has a partnership with EA. They might have preferential treatment for all we know.
Regarding pricing, they are in total control of how much they charge on PC, I don't really get why games being cheaper on PC has a negative impact on their business if they choose to price accordingly with their strategy. I'd say asking 80€ per game on console has probably a deeper negative impact long term, people can wait and buy second hand (something you can't do on PC).
About piracy, I bet 95% of them never intended to buy the game anyway.

Is it worth breaking your customer trust for 30 million net, at most?
This to me is hard to understand and feels like unhealthy attachment to a company. I think the majority of the PlayStation audience does not care about these things. You can't trust multi-billion dollars companies. News at 4.
I love Valve, but I could not care less if they decide to release their games everywhere.
Switch getting Portal 2 is great and I hope Alyx comes to PSVR.

Overall I don't think PlayStation PC is a cause of concern for the brand and that Sony fans should focus on things that could actually harm them long term (Poor Cross-Buy communication, overpricing games, too many GAAS/MXT, milking franchises dry, etc...)

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The leak was not a Steam Leak, was a GeForce now leak.
True, my bad. I forgot that this list are games supposed to be included in GeForce Now, not in Steam.

This is another one the leak got right (however the games were split in 3 in the leak).
Yes, this I think was one of the few legit leaks of the list. I tihnk it wasn't copy pasted from a previous leak or rumor -which is the case of many of their Capcom games-.

And btw, your arguments are pretty much the same arguments used by Flat Earthers.
No, I show facts. The list included a Sony port that already was already announced, one game guessed correctly, many guesses that are wrong and failed to include the 3 next PC ports announced by Sony.

I also highlighted that Sony mentioned they'll release 2 PC ports this fiscal year, not almost a dozen. I also add that they mentioned that will increase their output of PC ports but at least 3 fiscal years later will still be far from almost a dozen ports per year.

So you admit it was from Nvidia's database but somehow it's fake? Even though the GitHub is still accessible via Wayback machine?

Just admit you're wrong and move on. I won't engage further because this conversation is getting stale.
I admit that as Nvidia said, they accessed to a real Nvidia database. And that the list included both real unannounced ganes and other ones that were a fan guess added by a bored Nvidia employee, some copy pasted by leaks or rumors, other simply fan guesses or desires.

"NVIDIA is aware of an unauthorized published game list, with both released and/or speculative titles, used only for internal tracking and testing. Inclusion on the list is neither confirmation nor an announcement of any game."

I admit that games that appear in the list like Resident Evil Outbreak, Scalebound or Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G won't be released and that you are a fool if you believe they will be released. And that the Sony games that appear there listed for 2022 but that have not been announced won't be released in PC at least in the current fiscal year. I think some of them will end being ported to PC but not in 2022, but pretty like at least 2 years after their launch instead.

Last edited:

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
wow and i thought pc porting was easy they sure are taking their time for something that should be a piece of cake

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
I think they're adding things to them like RTX and DLSS.
I dont think they will add rt to it but dlss i think they will. But even then this long just for one or two extra features