UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection for PC may release on Oct 19th

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
PC people usually look at consoles as the competent budget hardware they are, without any bias against them. This guy you're paraphrasing probably spouted some sort of anti-PS4 rhetoric out of zealotry towards another brand, which is infamous for instigating console warring online as a central part of their marketing.
You can't be serious.
Without bias? It seems like most pcmr people hate the consoles.

While I agree that console is budget hardware, it's not the only reason it exists (the budget). I like using a console as a heavy pc user because it is less distracting and I can have physical games and other features. Budget got nothing to do with this really. I have expensive pc and a "budget" console and I like both but undoubtly I have less "distractions/issues" with consoles. Not to say I have any probem with pc. I just replayed Crysis Reamstered and it played great after changing few settings

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
From the videos and comparisons that I've seen on YouTube: more advertisement for a PS5! Ultra settings are practically PS5 fidelity mode and you need a very strong PC to run this game well. While I'm glad that more people are able to play Uncharted now and experience the amazing games, it shows us what a glorious value proposition the PS5 is.

This is the point. I keep hearing that consoles this gen are "underpowered" or that "they can't do X" (@VFX_Veteran I'm looking at you 😂 ) but this analysis is deeply flawed. If we just look at the basic components required to replicate one of the current gen consoles we notice that the value the offer for the money is unreal. Taking the PS5, as it's graphics unit is similar enough to the AMD Radeon™ RX 6700, that GPU alone costs over 400 quid. Then you get the Ryzen 7 3700, which is similar enough to the CPU on the PS5, and it will cost you at least 250 quid. So on those two components alone you're paying above the asking price for a PS5. Then you're left without budget for a motherboard, RAM (the 6700 has 10GB only), etc.

For what all next gen consoles cost, their value vs feature set is amazing, and miles above what the previous generation offered. The PS4, for example, was pretty much using cheap laptop tech from 2011. These consoles are using parts of higher spec and more modern when we consider their release date.

TLDR - Are they limited? Yes. Are they the best value proposition for gamers? Absolutely, by a huge margin.

D

Deleted member 13

This is the point. I keep hearing that consoles this gen are "underpowered" or that "they can't do X" (@VFX_Veteran I'm looking at you 😂 ) but this analysis is deeply flawed. If we just look at the basic components required to replicate one of the current gen consoles we notice that the value the offer for the money is unreal. Taking the PS5, as it's graphics unit is similar enough to the AMD Radeon™ RX 6700, that GPU alone costs over 400 quid. Then you get the Ryzen 7 3700, which is similar enough to the CPU on the PS5, and it will cost you at least 250 quid. So on those two components alone you're paying above the asking price for a PS5. Then you're left without budget for a motherboard, RAM (the 6700 has 10GB only), etc.

For what all next gen consoles cost, their value vs feature set is amazing, and miles above what the previous generation offered. The PS4, for example, was pretty much using cheap laptop tech from 2011. These consoles are using parts of higher spec and more modern when we consider their release date.

TLDR - Are they limited? Yes. Are they the best value proposition for gamers? Absolutely, by a huge margin.
I never debated value when it concerns the PC vs. the consoles. That was never the argument.

Generally people get the PC for getting the absolute highest quality out of a game of all hardware choices. They also get an added bonus of free internet (no subscription service), running desktop apps, 100% backward compatibility and generally using the computer for more than just games. Whether it's worth the costs is purely a subjective argument.

Reactions: rofif
D

Deleted member 140

And even when we look at the new generations of graphics cards, we don't see an increase in performance per dollar, but more like an option to pay twice the money for a doubling in performance if we look at the 3080 vs 4090. Making the value proposition of the PS5 great, even after a new generation of GPUs hit the market.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
D

Deleted member 13

From the videos and comparisons that I've seen on YouTube: more advertisement for a PS5! Ultra settings are practically PS5 fidelity mode
You said "practically". So what's higher in quality on the PC that's not on the PS5? That matters.

and you need a very strong PC to run this game well. While I'm glad that more people are able to play Uncharted now and experience the amazing games, it shows us what a glorious value proposition the PS5 is.
What does running the game "well" mean? 30FPS, 60FPS, 4k, 1440p?

D

Deleted member 13

Btw,

I'm now playing this on the Steam Deck and it is running with all options on Ultra except shadows and reflections. I've exhausted the GPU memory but it's running at a constant 30FPS. Don't need a powerful GPU if you limit the resolution like most games.

Reactions: rofif