UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection for PC may release on Oct 19th

D

Deleted member 13

One thing you guys have to keep in mind is that all development for a game is done on a PC. You can verify this with anybody working in the industry. The PC is totally agnostic hardware and should absolutely be used to get things up and running. It has the latest tech in it and developers will want to play around with it to see what they can do. Afterwards, they'll compile the game to the console dev kits and work out the optimization and kinks. That doesn't mean that the PC is a quick port however, because a lot of their stuff still has to be recompiled and refactored to run on the PC.

Hardware to the metal is old. Every single game out now does optimizations that are just turning features on/off or adding/subtracting features in the graphics pipeline.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes it is. They did a great job with the remake for sure. (y)
its honestly super impressive.
I heard people complaining about how they changed the art style for some enemies and orchestrated the soundtrack and I cant helo but to get annoyed.
motherfucker this is one of the best fucking looking games I ever saw, honestly, if not THE best, and the ost is also gorgeous.
mqdefault.jpg

I guess some people just cant be pleased

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Example of how artstyle > technical bells and whistles. This game looks miles better than something like Dying Light 2 or Metro Exodus, even if less impressive technically.

D

Deleted member 13

Example of how artstyle > technical bells and whistles. This game looks miles better than something like Dying Light 2 or Metro Exodus, even if less impressive technically.
That is true.

However, when people take the artstyle and immediately equate it to technical prowess to make an argument, they are doing it in bad faith.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Apparently no HDR, no motion blur which was excellent and slower loading times (still only 7 seconds).
Some bugs and stuff too and I already see plenty of pcmr people screaming around "this is so amazing, runs 80fps on a shitty 3070 laptop!!! haha fuck you ps4" - Luke Stephens.
He compares the game to ps4 version.
God I hate pc crowd recently. The constant anti 30fps, anti console pondering is something I cannot handle anymore.
Yes you idiot. You are playing 2015 game on a 3090. Of course it run 100fps. fuck off

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That is true.

However, when people take the artstyle and immediately equate it to technical prowess to make an argument, they are doing it in bad faith.

I'd say it takes a higher degree of technical prowess from a good developer to create something great looking and with an amazing presentation, even if the specs are not the best they can possibly be, right?

D

Deleted member 13

Apparently no HDR, no motion blur which was excellent and slower loading times (still only 7 seconds).
Some bugs and stuff too and I already see plenty of pcmr people screaming around "this is so amazing, runs 80fps on a shitty 3070 laptop!!! haha fuck you ps4" - Luke Stephens.
He compares the game to ps4 version.
God I hate pc crowd recently. The constant anti 30fps, anti console pondering is something I cannot handle anymore.
Yes you idiot. You are playing 2015 game on a 3090. Of course it run 100fps. fuck off
You gotta be fair though. Most games right now are still using tech that's from last gen. There literally is 0 improvements to graphics features in games today other than RT. So in this case, the latest game Plague by Asobo would have similar graphics tech in Uncharted TC.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
You gotta be fair though. Most games right now are still using tech that's from last gen. There literally is 0 improvements to graphics features in games today other than RT. So in this case, the latest game Plague by Asobo would have similar graphics tech in Uncharted TC.
yeah Uncharted looks incredible today. hard to believe it is 2015 game.
Tech has slowed down a bit

• thisistheway
Reactions: Deleted member 13
D

Deleted member 13

I'd say it takes a higher degree of technical prowess from a good developer to create something great looking and with an amazing presentation, even if the specs are not the best they can possibly be, right?
No, I disagree. The developers just have the ability to draw, texture and light a game better than a company like 4A Games. 4A focuses on advanced tech features similar to how iD use to be with Doom/Quake. There isn't any fancy coding in these games. They just have great textures, great layout of environment props, excellent placement of light probes, etc..

Reactions: Deleted member 51
OP
OP
PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Im Right Reese Witherspoon GIF by HULU

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
PC people usually look at consoles as the competent budget hardware they are, without any bias against them. This guy you're paraphrasing probably spouted some sort of anti-PS4 rhetoric out of zealotry towards another brand, which is infamous for instigating console warring online as a central part of their marketing.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
This is perfectly exemplified by what average Indies do these days on shoe string budgets. Games like these could not even exist on any budget not too long ago (they're not always better tho).

Still, games like what Nintendo does would greatly benefit from full rt lighting.

D

Deleted member 140

From the videos and comparisons that I've seen on YouTube: more advertisement for a PS5! Ultra settings are practically PS5 fidelity mode and you need a very strong PC to run this game well. While I'm glad that more people are able to play Uncharted now and experience the amazing games, it shows us what a glorious value proposition the PS5 is.