[UPDATE: Debunked] Sony VR2 production cuts due to low pre-orders

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The moment I saw the writer of the article, I knew it was bull from the start. I have seen Takashi do this a couple of times already and each time he was wrong. Can we please have this guy banned as a source? He has been caught to many times lying.
Now I know.

Reactions: TwistedSyn

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The moment I saw the writer of the article, I knew it was bull from the start. I have seen Takashi do this a couple of times already and each time he was wrong. Can we please have this guy banned as a source? He has been caught to many times lying.
Just out of curiosity, i don't know the dude, what else has he reported on that has been wrong?

D

Deleted member 417

At least the Microsoft fans who jumped on this negative news will see that 10 times more launch titles are coming to a peripheral than their mainline console.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Every single hardware announcement sony does with playstation is met with a smear campaign Lest we forget:

"9 terfalops of power," haha its soo weak Reality is 10.3 terflops
"Not RDNA 2" in Reality it is RDNA 2
"PS5 will over heat at those clock speeds " Reality is the cooling unit was so big they had to redesign it to make it smaller
"Series S will outperfrom the PS5"
"PS5 will be dwarfed by the series X in power" Reality is it matches the series x and usually outperforms it

On and on. PS5 sells 30 million consoles, next day is a fake liquid metal leaking rumor. Fake youtube videos of the ps5 overheating. Im probably forgetting some but al of this to say yes, there is a coordinated smear campaign against sony hardware. Im sure we can all assume where the source is coming from.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Every single hardware announcement sony does with playstation is met with a smear campaign Lest we forget:

"PS5 will over heat at those clock speeds
" Reality is the cooling unit was so big they had to redesign it to make it smaller
"PS5 will be dwarfed by the series X in power" Reality is it matches the series x and usually outperforms it

On and on. PS5 sells 30 million consoles, next day is a fake liquid metal leaking rumor. Fake youtube videos of the ps5 overheating. Im probably forgetting some but al of this to say yes, there is a coordinated smear campaign against sony hardware. Im sure we can all assume who the source is.
GIF by Jason Clarke

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Lol, I told you so xDD

Bloomberg was -AGAIN- lying and mading up stuff and spreading FUD, casually the day before Sony was going to announce their quarterly report. Where pretty likely they'll post record numbers.

As I remember it's the third time Sony publicly debunks some supposed leak coming from that Bloomberg guy. Not counting Jason Shredder even being called out on Twitter by devs like Druckmann or Cory.

Reactions: arvfab
24 Jun 2022
Bloomberg's only good insider is Jason Schreir.

And Paul Tassi maybe, that's even if he works for them (is he even an insider?). Tom Henderson is with another spot IIRC.

Era is filled with MS shills and astroturfers.

Filled? More like infected.

I feel sorry for the handful of good posters there who have to deal with a sea of idiots & outright liars. Just know, there are always bluer skies and greener pastures elsewhere 😉

So the article is libellous?

Definitely.

D

Deleted member 417

"PS5 will over heat at those clock speeds " Reality is the cooling unit was so big they had to redesign it to make it smaller

On and on. PS5 sells 30 million consoles, next day is a fake liquid metal leaking rumor. Fake youtube videos of the ps5 overheating. Im probably forgetting some but al of this to say yes, there is a coordinated smear campaign against sony hardware. Im sure we can all assume where the source is coming from.
and let's not forget the smear campaign over the PS4

"it won't exist"
"sony are bankrupt"
"same spec as 360"
"delayed"
"over priced under powered"
"xbox has already won the generation"
"beta tested in the future"

etc etc. We saw how that one turned out