Wave of Japanese tweeting about new bought Xbox. All biased Propaganda?

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
12 > 10 still applies, imo. Differences in architecture and stuff like Xbox running DX12 makes the difference a bit smaller than the pure numbers, though.
But it's a single value of a more complex system. Yes, the GPU on it's own might be/is more powerful, but that's it.

It's like looking at a vehicle and saying that it's better because it has more HP.

Reactions: Umar
24 Jun 2022
I was only looking at benchmarks. Xbox wins overall, even though it's close (as it should be considering the small TF difference and the fact that cross-gen games prefer narrow and fast GPU architectures).

The thing is tho games are going to retain that narrow difference between the two systems once full-blown current-gen titles come about. There's no scenario where the multiplat advantage just grows significantly in favor of Series X because PS SDK API tools will continue improving and more of what that hardware is capable of will be further tapped into as well.

I don't even think there'll be a case where Series X just wins in all multiplats going forward, either. It'll be 50/50 between it and PS5, just comes down to the game engine and what it prefers (and other things like if one system is the priority over the other, etc.).

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Every 60 seconds an ambassador is born.

Lines up with warriors getting banned elsewhere and coming here 🤣

Should be seeing assurdrum here any hour now.

12 > 10 still applies, imo. Differences in architecture and stuff like Xbox running DX12 makes the difference a bit smaller than the pure numbers, though.

Numbers don't lie.

For example, 8 wins for SX over 2 wins for PS5 is also a tangible figure.

Reactions: DarkMage619
24 Jun 2022
Lines up with warriors getting banned elsewhere and coming here 🤣

Should be seeing assurdrum here any hour now.

Numbers don't lie.

For example, 8 wins for SX over 2 wins for PS5 is also a tangible figure.

Dude, actually look at that list. Like, really look at it. GTA3? Sonic Colors? SHADOWMAN? That is an N64 game at its core, c'mon. These aren't technically demanding games for current hardware, it just depends on optimizations and what legacy code versions are being ran on the new systems.

If the Series X has the One X version of a BC title and the PS5 has the PS4 Pro version, well duh I'd expect the former to have better resolution and probably better framerate due to how Series X handles BC compared to PS5.

But what does having the performance crown over a few cross-gen, not-technically-demanding games, even matter?

Reactions: laynelane

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Xbox is doing better in Japan, compared to Xbox One, but it is still pacing behind Xbox 360.

So I'd say it's not performing badly, but it's not performing as amazing as everybody is portraying it. Mid performance.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I don't even think there'll be a case where Series X just wins in all multiplats going forward, either. It'll be 50/50 between it and PS5, just comes down to the game engine and what it prefers (and other things like if one system is the priority over the other, etc.).
It isn't even 50/50 now, it's more like 80/20 when you ignore draws.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Even the PS4 Pro had some wins over XBX, same for XBO which would every now and then pull out a win over PS4.

But at least you've openly admitted which console is superior atm, admission is the first step. ♥️

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
My uncle lives in Japan and he told me that it's considered unpolite there to not hide your Xbox when you have a visit.

We have a lot to learn from Japan.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Even the PS4 Pro had some wins over XBX, same for XBO which would every now and then pull out a win over PS4.

But at least you've openly admitted which console is superior atm, admission is the first step. ♥️

Yes the XOneX was superior to PS4 Pro, the few outliers where it was not the case, are just that, outliers.

Now there is no superior machine, that's why you see draws and wins on both sides.

But at least you've openly admitted to not be able to follow simple logical conclusions, admission is the first step ❤️

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Yes the XOneX was superior to PS4 Pro, the few outliers where it was not the case, are just that, outliers.

Now there is no superior machine, that's why you see draws and wins on both sides.

But at least you've openly admitted to not be able to follow simple logical conclusions, admission is the first step ❤️
Made zero difference, the One X bombed, was out of the market in no time, MS didn't make games to take advantage of it and many devs, specially the Japanese one somehow managed to completely fumble their Xone X versions of games.

What they got were years of bragging about playing RDR2 at a higher res, wow. The One X shows MS doesn't get it at all and they made all the same mistakes again with the Series X, there is just nothing interesting going on with that console.

24 Jun 2022
8 : 2 is pretty objectively not an equal metric, but you do you boo. 😂

8:2 on what games, though? Shadowman? GTA3? Games where Series X is clearly running One X versions and enabling Series X GPU features in BC that PS5 doesn't do with PS4 Pro versions of those same games in BC?

Context matters just as much if not more than numbers. But anyway, this thread's about Xbox in Japan. Obviously whatever games Series X pulls ahead of PS5 in perf-wise, I don't think they matter one bit to the people actually buying the system in that region. So what games are they buying with those systems, then, if they don't have releases in the Famitsu charts or in the Top 30 of Amazon Japan charts? Or are the sales mainly due to GamePass?

What's the average ARPU of GamePass users in Japan? Does Microsoft have any special pricing deals for that territory? Special promotions? Are they reporting sold-in or sold-through for console sales? How many units are refurbished? What discounts are Series systems selling at there (if any)? What's the total amount of annual Xbox revenue being generated from Japan?

Those are all just as important as getting raw numbers, helps form a much clearer picture to what the growth actually is (or isn't), and whether it's sustainable or not long-term.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Xbox is doing better in Japan, compared to Xbox One, but it is still pacing behind Xbox 360.

So I'd say it's not performing badly, but it's not performing as amazing as everybody is portraying it. Mid performance.

I mean better than zero isn’t great but its better than zero.

Xbox is a non-factor in japan (and most markets not named America) and always will be. They don’t even sell physical xbox games in stores, no one cares about it at all. I’m pretty sure the vast majority of them are being shipped elsewhere or bought by ex pats