We need to talk about PS5's 2024 / 2025 problem - @MysticRyan

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Clearly people didn't watch the video.

If anything he’s addressing the doom and gloomers.
What a surprise, fanboy is batting for Sony and making up excuses?

Anyone that looks at the 2023 and 2024 lineups and can't see they are really lacking is just too far gone.

Reactions: Darth Vader

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I stopped watching Mystic Ryan when I realized he looks at things through the eyes of Era and that's where all of his talking points come from. And here we are where PlayStation fans have let people like him make them feel insecure about PS5's upcoming line up when in actuality it has the very best line up in console gaming.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
What a surprise, fanboy is batting for Sony and making up excuses?

Anyone that looks at the 2023 and 2024 lineups and can't see they are really lacking is just too far gone.

He’s not a fanboy. He’s looking at it objectively. There are no excuses in the video.

There’s admittance to 2024 looking like it’s light from a first party perspective. There’s a reason for that though.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
He’s not a fanboy. He’s looking at it objectively. There are no excuses in the video.
10 years ago, 2014 easily one of the weakest years ever for PlayStation they released: Driveclub, Infamous Second Son, Infamous First Light, LittleBigPlanet 3, The Last of Us Remastered.

You guys are here trying to pretend 2024 looks great (PlayStation 5 4th year on the market) with Helldivers 2 (a game that releases day one on PC), Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade and TLoU Pt2 remastered.

Not to mention that it's following an incredibly weak 2023 where all they had was Spider-man 2. When it comes to Sony you guys set an extremely low bar because you are obviously fanboys. It is what it is, at least own up to it, if Sony was going to release a single game again you would be here defending them anyway.

PlayStation fanboys are exactly the same as Xbots, they just happened to pick a less embarrassing side.

Reactions: nongkris and Box

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Or they played Nioh and are being realistic about it being kinda mediocre.
88 meta games are mediocre now.
Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Turns out Nioh and Nioh 2 were the reason PS4 sold 120m consoles. :ROFLMAO:

Rise of the Ronin and Stellar blade, big PS5 flagship games. :LOL:

Wo Long and Final Fantasy Origin, huge hits. :cool:

Reactions: nongkris

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Turns out Nioh and Nioh 2 were the reason PS4 sold 120m consoles. :ROFLMAO:

Rise of the Ronin and Stellar blade, the big reasons to get a PS5 over an Xbox or a PC. :LOL:

Wo Long and Final Fantasy Origin, huge hits. :cool:

Im a huge Sony fan, but let's be real Rise of the Ronin isn't exactly a system seller.

Stellar blade has been M.I.A for years now

Concord (space burger game) still doesn't have a gamepkay trailer

Helldivers 2 is most likely going to be a flop

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is the only good thing coming this year, last year we had FF16 to carry playstation

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Alright ppl opinions and all let's not get into a back and forth contest being snarkish. Have your opinion but no need for the extra.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Im a huge Sony fan, but let's be real Rise of the Ronin isn't exactly a system seller.

Stellar blade has been M.I.A for years now

Concord (space burger game) still doesn't have a gamepkay trailer

Helldivers 2 is most likely going to be a flop

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is the only good thing coming this year, last year we had FF16 to carry playstation
Compared to what the competition is offering these are AAAA type games, let's not be fooled and. Please dont mention Hellblade which we've seen for four years straight and hardly anything at all. The original was not a mega hit in any capacity and wasn't all tht (sits at 81 meta) which is about the only thing Xbox has going for itself right now. For me Sony is starting off great. Rise of Ronin is looking awesome especially since Ghost of T was a surprise hit in the past and it has similarities.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Compared to what the competition is offering these are AAAA type games, let's not be fooled and on a higher level. Please dont mention Hellblade which we've seen for four years straight and hardly anything at all. The original was not a mega hit in any capacity and wasn't all tht (sits at 81 meta) which is about the only thing Xbox has going for itself right now..

If your competitors are xbox, you are not exactly setting a very high bar.

Nintendo is about to come up with the Switch 2 and a whole host of new games (possibly metroid prime 4). It's going to dominate if Sony doesn't get their act together

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If your competitors are xbox, you are not exactly setting a very high bar.

Nintendo is about to come up with the Switch 2 and a whole host of new games (possibly metroid prime 4). It's going to dominate if Sony doesn't get their act together
Switch is going to dominate no matter what in their bubble. Diff demographics. Those ppl are going to buy a switch no matter what and not buy a PS5 and the other group will buy a PS5 and have or will have switch as complimentary. Very few instances will you see ppl saying "oh ima buy a switch over a PS5" they usually have both or just a Switch.

Switch been dominating for years, nothing is going to change, those diehards will buy it.

Tons of data to back up my point...

Last edited:

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
10 years ago, 2014 easily one of the weakest years ever for PlayStation they released: Driveclub, Infamous Second Son, Infamous First Light, LittleBigPlanet 3, The Last of Us Remastered.

You guys are here trying to pretend 2024 looks great (PlayStation 5 4th year on the market) with Helldivers 2 (a game that releases day one on PC), Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade and TLoU Pt2 remastered.

Not to mention that it's following an incredibly weak 2023 where all they had was Spider-man 2. When it comes to Sony you guys set an extremely low bar because you are obviously fanboys. It is what it is, at least own up to it, if Sony was going to release a single game again you would be here defending them anyway.

PlayStation fanboys are exactly the same as Xbots, they just happened to pick a less embarrassing side.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. How is having a bunch of exclusive games the first couple of months not good? Because some are not first party? Who cares. They’re are games on PS5. 2023 was not weak for the same reasons. I don’t know what you are trying to prove with that PS4 comparison. PS5 first 3 years on the market is vastly better than PS4.

By the way, every day there’s new PS5 owners that will have a full library of first party games, games overall, from launch till now. Everybody always seems to miss that point and only look at the current year and not all the games Sony already released.

Not everybody buys games at the same time either. Me for example, I still have yet to play first party games like God of War Ragnarok so I’m not even noticing these presumably lack of games because I still need to buy a bunch of current first party games. That doesn’t count to you I’m sure.

Bottom line is the kind of games Sony makes take a little while to produce. Off years are normal, though I don’t believe PS5 had any off years imo. When it’s time again for the rest of Sony’s studios to release games we know they’re going to deliver.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
I stopped watching Mystic Ryan when I realized he looks at things through the eyes of Era and that's where all of his talking points come from. And here we are where PlayStation fans have let people like him make them feel insecure about PS5's upcoming line up when in actuality it has the very best line up in console gaming.
Yeah, a lot a PS youtubers, podcasters, developers and influencers are using RE like its the PS bible, and its so out of place.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
and it is ok not to be one. not every game have to be system seller to have a good gaming year.

what is it all with these extremes?

libraries wins customers, not selected games. how well xbox is doing with those few selected games?

second, wtf is going on? Playstation doesn't have 50 studios that they could release 4-5 games every year. it is moronic to pretend otherwise, this especially goes to @Nhomnhom.
Don't you follow how these things works? there always been quiet months or a year or two, and then loads of games. it pretty much happened from forever in gaming.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

You're being overly critical, we need 1st party games but to downplay these great 3rd party exclusives makes no sense. Trying to say PS fans are like Xbox fans also makes no sense, Xbox hasn't had good 3rd party exclusives since the 360 gen. You're really mad at people for being excited for FF7 Rebirth? 😂 TLOU2 new game mode? Rise of the Ronin? Stellar Blade?? C'mon man, the first quarter is stacked, what more do you want? All of these games coming out and you want 1st party studios to drop games that aren't ready?