We need to talk about PS5's 2024 / 2025 problem - @MysticRyan

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Playstation's 2024 problem is that their main competitor is leaving the console market, and they decided it's a good idea to port their shit for PC and fuck their pipeline so much that they don't have anything PS Studios (not publishing, actual studios) that's coming out other than shitty live service games.

So while Xbox commits suicide and Sony has a golden opportunity to be the only key player in the home console market, they decide to fuck it up.

Queue in YurinkaGPT saying that they are selling a lot of consoles (may miss their target), and that they are making a lot of money, and that selling 3 copies on PC is actually amazing because those 150 quid will fund a new game.

We know it, don't bother.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You're being overly critical, we need 1st party games but to downplay these great 3rd party exclusives makes no sense. Trying to say PS fans are like Xbox fans also makes no sense, Xbox hasn't had good 3rd party exclusives since the 360 gen. You're really mad at people for being excited for FF7 Rebirth? 😂 TLOU2 new game mode? Rise of the Ronin? Stellar Blade?? C'mon man, the first quarter is stacked, what more do you want? All of these games coming out and you want 1st party studios to drop games that aren't ready?
Final Fantasy is not first party, it's just a game Sony paid not to release on Xbox/PC, it has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

If you guys can't admit when things obviously aren't looking great I don't see the point in discussing anything here.

"Oh, Stellar Blade", from a studio that never released a game before... this is worst than the stuff Xbots hype, have some self respect.

second, wtf is going on? Playstation doesn't have 50 studios that they could release 4-5 games every year. it is moronic to pretend otherwise, this especially goes to @Nhomnhom.
Don't you follow how these things works? there always been quiet months or a year or two, and then loads of games. it pretty much happened from forever in gaming.
Dont you follow how these things go? Sony doesn't announce and release big game out of nowhere, specially not midgen. Sony is also not into releasing small game either, the upcoming Chinese/Korean games if they aren't just vaporware are the exception.

What loads of Sony games are coming in 2024/2025? You guys are clearly in denial, unbelievable.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I don’t know what happened to this post but I had it quoted

How is Sony internal studios being unable to release games a good thing? The output has severely dried up and has been lacking for years with pretty much nothing impressive being announced.

The usual window of announcement and release of a big AAA for Sony is like 2 years minimum. You guys seem unable to think ahead.

Whatever, you'll get precisely what you deserve, Rise of The Ronin and Stellar blade for 2024.

It's like PS3 and PS4 Sony never happened to you guys, where we would get multiple AAA games each year with plenty announced to release in the following years, it was exciting being a PlayStation fan while now all you get are silence, remakes/remasters, paid exclusives and Insomniac Marvel games.

How does working on games mean not able to release games? Do you have proof of some internal struggle or something? Every development info we have on the studios shows they’re deep in development, Sony possibly opening up new studios and creating new teams and so on. Not in some turmoil. Games like HorizonFW and GoW were actually suppose to release in 2021! Covid messed everything up. Sony’s pipeline is still masterclass besides a few uncontrollable issues.

Sony doesn’t announce games years away anymore. The marketing is closer to release now. Something pointed out in the video. I don’t really like it, I prefer to know what’s coming out in advanced so I know it can be frustrating, but this is the new way Sony wants to release their games.

Rise Of The Ronin and Stellar Blade look like good first party/second party games. Don’t know why you’re making fun of them.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
"Oh, Stellar Blade", from a studio that never released a game before... this is worst than the stuff Xbots hype, have some self respect.
today I learned that Stellar Blade is worse than Crossfire X 😂😂😂

You're desperately trying to equate PlayStation's 3rd party exclusives with Microsoft's 3rd party exclusives, is this really the hill you want to die on? If anyone sounds like an Xbox fanboy, it's you.

image.png

Final Fantasy is not first party, it's just a game Sony paid not to release on Xbox/PC, it has nothing to do with what I was talking about.
I never said it was 1st party, it's still an exclusive game. It has everything to do with what you're talking about, because you're acting as if there's nothing to play.
If you guys can't admit when things obviously aren't looking great I don't see the point in discussing anything here.
Why can't you admit that there are exclusive bangers coming out every month? And that 1st party studios aren't ready to drop yet...no matter how much we complain about it.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I don’t know what happened to this post but I had it quoted

How does working on games mean not able to release games? Do you have proof of some internal struggle or something? Every development info we have on the studios shows they’re deep in development, Sony possibly opening up new studios and creating new teams and so on. Not in some turmoil. Games like HorizonFW and GoW were actually suppose to release in 2021! Covid messed everything up. Sony’s pipeline is still masterclass besides a few uncontrollable issues.

Sony doesn’t announce games years away anymore. The marketing is closer to release now. Something pointed out in the video. I don’t really like it, I prefer to know what’s coming out in advanced so I know it can be frustrating, but this is the new way Sony wants to release their games.

Rise Of The Ronin and Stellar Blade look like good first party/second party games. Don’t know why you’re making fun of them.
Dudes have completely lost the plot and care more about social media talking points than playing games.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
today I learned that Stellar Blade is worse than Crossfire X 😂😂😂

You're desperately trying to equate PlayStation's 3rd party exclusives with Microsoft's 3rd party exclusives, is this really the hill you want to die on? If anyone sounds like an Xbox fanboy, it's you.

image.png

I never said it was 1st party, it's still an exclusive game. It has everything to do with what you're talking about, because you're acting as if there's nothing to play.

Why can't you admit that there are exclusive bangers coming out every month? And that 1st party studios aren't ready to drop yet...no matter how much we complain about it.
You don't seem able to understand the diference between Sony published games and third-party games Sony just pays for exclusivity and you keep mixing up things.
Sony is the publisher of Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade, Sony is not the publisher of FFXVI or FFVII:Rebirth.

Sony studios with the exception of Insomniac have been extremely unproductive this gen, you can either be in denial about that or face reality. PlayStation fanboys assume that Sony is infallible and no matter what happens everything is perfect and going according to plan.

Xbox sucking is not an excuse for PlayStation to do the same and Xbots being idiots that will excuse anything isn't justification for PlayStation fans to act the same.

"They are working on the games" as opposed to what? Not working on games? Every studio is doing that, that doesn't mean things are always going smoothly. This is looking like the worst stretch of internal releases ever since PlayStation became a big publisher, for no reason other than bad decisions made by PlayStation leadership.

Last edited:
  • haha

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
You don't seem able to understand the diference between Sony published games and third-party games Sony just pays for exclusivity and you keep mixing up things.
Sony is the publisher of Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade, Sony is not the publisher of FFXVI or FFVII:Rebirth.

Sony studios with the exception of Insomniac have been extremely unproductive this gen, you can either be in denial about that or face reality. PlayStation fanboys assume that Sony is infallible and no matter what happens everything is perfect and going according to plan.

Xbox sucking is not an excuse for PlayStation to do the same and Xbots being idiots that will excuse anything isn't justification for PlayStation fans to act the same.

"They are working on the games" as opposed to what? Not working on games? Every studio is doing that, that doesn't mean things are always going smoothly. This is looking like the worst stretch of internal releases ever since PlayStation became a big publisher, for no reasons beyond bad decisions made by PlayStation leadership.
Be honest, your doomer bullshit is deliberate trolling these days, isn't it?

Your posts are such overwrought hyperbole that you cannot be taken seriously, even IF you honestly believed a word of it.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Be honest, your doomer bullshit is deliberate trolling these days, isn't it?

Your posts are such overwrought hyperbole that you cannot be taken seriously, even IF you honestly believed a word of it.
Should I be lying and saying that the 2023 and 2024 outputs by Sony were great? You guys seem like you would be big Xbox fans given that you have no standards and are just happy with anything.

2024 looks dreadful right now, once again with Square Enix saving the day by showing up with a big release.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You don't seem to understand that all of these games are exclusive bangers coming only to PS5, but you still want to act like it's dry.
Reality:
Release schedule of Sony 1st party games this gen

Insomniac - Miles Morales November 2020
Bluepoint - Demon's Souls November 2020
Housemarque - Returnal April 2021
Insomniac - Rift Apart June 2021
Guerilla - Horizon Forbidden West February 2022
Polyphony - Gran Turismo 7 March 2022
Santa Monica - GoW Ragnarok November 2022
Firesprite - Horizon Call of the Mountain February 2023
Insomniac - Spider-Man 2 October 2023

9 1st party exclusives in the first 3 years, many of them goty contenders, is what you call "extremely unproductive"?!? 😂🤣 The PS3 and PS4 gen must've been terrible for you!
Still desperately trying to equate PlayStation to Xbox....the company with not a single GOTY contender, and not a single 3rd party exclusive on the level of FF7 Rebirth, FF16, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Silent Hill 2 Remake, Kena Bridge of Spirits, etc.

Bro you're just yapping, I'm all for holding Sony accountable when it calls for it, but your argument has no basis in reality.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
OK so what are we all getting at here?
@JAHGamer @Nhomnhom aand others. You are all clearly at odds and are going back and forth superflously. Neither one are going to change each other's opinions. So let's just move on.

• brain
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You don't seem to understand that all of these games are exclusive bangers coming only to PS5, but you still want to act like it's dry.

Reality:
Release schedule of Sony 1st party games this gen

Insomniac - Miles Morales November 2020
Bluepoint - Demon's Souls November 2020
Housemarque - Returnal April 2021
Insomniac - Rift Apart June 2021
Guerilla - Horizon Forbidden West February 2022
Polyphony - Gran Turismo 7 March 2022
Santa Monica - GoW Ragnarok November 2022
Firesprite - Horizon Call of the Mountain February 2023
Insomniac - Spider-Man 2 October 2023

9 1st party exclusives in the first 3 years, many of them goty contenders, is what you call "extremely unproductive"?!? 😂🤣 The PS3 and PS4 gen must've been terrible for you!

Still desperately trying to equate PlayStation to Xbox....the company with not a single GOTY contender, and not a single 3rd party exclusive on the level of FF7 Rebirth, FF16, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Silent Hill 2 Remake, Kena Bridge of Spirits, etc.

Bro you're just yapping, I'm all for holding Sony accountable when it calls for it, but your argument has no basis in reality.
How are Miles Morales, Returnal and Rift Apart exclusives? Exclusive PC/PlayStation games? :unsure:

You guys don't seem to even read what I'm saying, I never had a problem with 2020, 2021 and 2022. The problem is that the lack of announcements signaled all along that 2023 was going to be a weak year with very few releases and it was (while you guys were in denial saying Sony had secret games about to announce).

Now the same is happening to 2024 and 2025 and you guys are in denial once again. At least try to learn from past mistakes. Sony is not holding things back for some legendary event, they just are slow as fuck and stuff isn't coming out anytime soon (in great part due to the PC and GaaS pivot).

• haha

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
How are Miles Morales, Returnal and Rift Apart exclusives? :unsure:

You guys don't seem to even read what I'm saying, I never had a problem with 2020, 2021 and 2022. The problem is that the lack of announcements signaled that 2023 was going to be a weak year with very few releases and it was (while you guys were in denial saying Sony had secret games about to announce). Now the same is happening to 2024 and 2025 and you guys are in denial once again. At least try to learn from past mistakes.
Bro you think 2024 is weak and others think is starting off good and? I thiught botw was utter garbage yet ppl will fight to tell me it's gotg. Thts it things are subjective.

• they're_right_you_know

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Bro you think 2024 is weak and others think is starting off good and? I thiught botw was utter garbage yet ppl will fight to tell me it's gotg. Thts it things are subjective.
So people can question what I think but I can't question what they think and stand my ground? What is your point?

People here pretending that if all that Sony releases in 2024 is Rise of the Ronin, Helldivers 2 and Stellar Blade that's enough, at least I'm being honest, it's weak as fuck.

And if that is not all that Sony is going to release then what are they going to release? I would like to know.

• haha

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So people can question what I think but I can't question what they think and stand my ground? What is your point?
So you purposely did not see the other posts I made directed at not only you? Like seriously some of you need to chill with the victim card.

So this below was just at you?

OK so what are we all getting at here?
@JAHGamer @Nhomnhom aand others. You are all clearly at odds and are going back and forth superflously. Neither one are going to change each other's opinions. So let's just move on.

Reactions: GrayWolf323

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
How are Miles Morales, Returnal and Rift Apart exclusives? :unsure:
They sold so poorly on PC, those versions practically don't exist 😂🤣
You guys don't seem to even read what I'm saying, I never had a problem with 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Clearly you do because you literally just said "Sony studios with the exception of Insomniac have been extremely unproductive this gen".
The problem is that the lack of announcements signaled all along that 2023 was going to be a weak year with very few releases and it was (while you guys were in denial saying Sony had secret games about to announce).
2023, the year where there was way too much to play? 😂 and that now everyone considers a legendary year in gaming? Cmon, if there is any year to be dry, it's 2023! And we still had Spider-Man 2 and FF16, and if you had a PSVR2 like me, you had GT7, RE8 VR, RE4 VR, Horizon COTM, 2023 was an amazing year for PS5.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Attn this goes to all. The bickering back and forth, taking over a thread just arguing will not be accepted, nor is it conducive to healthy communication or dialogue. If a warning is given and it is met with ignoring or a snarky response, you will get the thread banned, as has just happened.

Also we try to be unbiased and mod accordingly but please understand that this is not a democracy. This website is owned by a specific group that makes the rules and if those rules are not adhered to action will be taken.

Please respect ppls opinions, don't get mad ppl feel differently and don't go back and forth trying to have the last word. Debate is fine but when terms/or words like fanboy, how old are you?, your lying start appearing it becomes more than a debate.

Now let's get back on track. Thank you all.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw