Welcome to IconEra (Now 1,000+ Members)

24 Jun 2022
So if there's a more appropriate place this post can go, a mod can edit/move the post. Just wanted to say I'll be taking some time away from the site, at least until sometime in September.

I've been working on two creative projects and now I want to ramp up production on them both. They are very demanding in terms of time, research, and asset creation (writing, art, documentation etc.) so that will be the main reason. Another reason is because I have become increasingly uneased with the direction the industry is going in, and increasingly unsure as to how certain players will adjust properly (or if they even will adjust properly at all).

Also and I'll be frank: I'm just tired of Microsoft being so present in the media cycle. Call it "fake" and just optics all you want but seeing them, Phil Spencer etc. plastered in all the articles and news pieces is just tiring, especially considering what we know their intentions are and, more importantly, how they intend to make them happen.

Last reason? Well, my last few posts from the past couple days should probably give you a hint.

Anyways, yeah, I'll be away for a while, unless something major happens news-wise. Plus I have some games to catch up on, more time for those will be nice too. I'll (most likely) see (most of) you all sometime in September. Take care :)

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
So if there's a more appropriate place this post can go, a mod can edit/move the post. Just wanted to say I'll be taking some time away from the site, at least until sometime in September.

I've been working on two creative projects and now I want to ramp up production on them both. They are very demanding in terms of time, research, and asset creation (writing, art, documentation etc.) so that will be the main reason. Another reason is because I have become increasingly uneased with the direction the industry is going in, and increasingly unsure as to how certain players will adjust properly (or if they even will adjust properly at all).

Also and I'll be frank: I'm just tired of Microsoft being so present in the media cycle. Call it "fake" and just optics all you want but seeing them, Phil Spencer etc. plastered in all the articles and news pieces is just tiring, especially considering what we know their intentions are and, more importantly, how they intend to make them happen.

Last reason? Well, my last few posts from the past couple days should probably give you a hint.

Anyways, yeah, I'll be away for a while, unless something major happens news-wise. Plus I have some games to catch up on, more time for those will be nice too. I'll (most likely) see (most of) you all sometime in September. Take care :)
Sad to see you go, i am going to miss you And your Avatar.

See you in September m8.

Pig Hug GIF

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Hope to see dat ass in September.............

Take care buddy good luck on your projects.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Take care!

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

We'll miss you, come back when you feel it's the right time. <3

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023

I hope to see you again sooner than later, my friend! your post are usually some of the best ones to read

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Reactions: Sircaw and Jim Ryan

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I can't find the area in the forum for this so I'll ask here.

I would like my account permanently deleted (preferably with all my posts removed if possible) as I have no interest in being part of the forum anymore due to the moderation giving me unreasonable warnings and making false claims regarding my posts (as if by acknowledging the rampant piracy on PC I was promoting it, when it fact it's obviously the other way around).

I lost faith in this community ever working if mods are this biased and unrestrained. Feels like just another Neogaf just biased towards Sony. Good luck to you Bryank75, I got the impression you meant well. This turned into a extremist PlayStation fan club.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

I would like my account permanently deleted (preferably with all my posts removed if possible) as I have no interest in being part of the forum anymore due to the moderation giving me unreasonable warnings and making false claims regarding my posts (as if by acknowledging the rampant piracy on PC I was promoting it, when it fact it's obviously the other way around).

I lost faith in this community ever working if mods are this biased and unrestrained. Feels like just another Neogaf just biased towards Sony. Good luck to you Bryank75, I got the impression you meant well. This turned into a extremist PlayStation fan club.
If you wish that to happen it can be done.
Also on the Warning.
That happened for the original post, Then after getting the warning you went back and edited the post.

Before edit :
PC is the best place to play Sony games. Payment is optional, improved settings and performance.

After warning:
PC is the best place to play Sony games. Payment is optional, improved settings and performance.

If there is no PS5 Pro and a change in direction, as well as many more announcements I'm out when my PS+ sub expires next year. I'm not going to support them if they threat me like a second class citizen.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Not to be rude to you m8, but Tubz kinda spells it out in plain black and white above this post.

I am not sure why you are so upset about an infraction, it seems pretty clear cut no?

And in regards to the moderation, i know Tubz pretty well,(i boosted his lazy arse in diablo) he is a complete pain in the arse but he is a fair pain in the arse.

@sorry @TubzGaming :love:

Fs infraction inc.

• Shake
Reactions: TubzGaming

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Talking about pirates has anyone seen that screenshot dirtbag king @rofif

Not seen him in ages, he is back on xbox playing Sea of Thieves,

Probably looking for Booty, Big booty

Music Video Anaconda GIF by Vevo

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Before edit :

After warning:
That's exactly the same.

I edited to comment on the warning. Payment is optional when piracy on PC while legally buying the game is the only way to play games on PlayStation, those are just facts.

If you wish that to happen it can be done.
bored waiting GIF

I have zero interest in being a member of a forum where I'll have to walk on eggshells. It's the second time this happened in a pretty short time. I would appreciate if my posts are deleted as well, so people won't reply to me later without me being around. Inflexible mods that stick to their initial decision no matter what, that's the type of thing I don't what in my life. My initial proposal was pretty fair, but if it won't be accepted that it means this is not a place for me as I don't see anything wrong with my post.

I am not sure why you are so upset about an infraction, it seems pretty clear cut no?
No? I bet it was you who issued the warning.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That's exactly the same.

I edited to comment on the warning. Payment is optional when piracy on PC while legally buying the game is the only way to play games on PlayStation, those are just facts.

bored waiting GIF

I have zero interest in being a member of a forum where I'll have to walk on eggshells. It's the second time this happened in a pretty short time. I would appreciate if my posts are deleted as well, so people won't reply to me later without me being around. Inflexible mods that stick to their initial decision no matter what, that's the type of thing I don't what in my life. My initial proposal was pretty fair, but if it won't be accepted that it means this is not a place for me as I don't see anything wrong with my post.
Stop being a five. So much drama over pesky mod warning. Man up, for fuck sake, it should be least of your worries.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That's exactly the same.

bored waiting GIF

No? I bet it was you who issued the warning.
Bruh, stop being a manbaby, piracy doesn't make pc the best place to play, it ensures devs spend less effort and time on the ports which means they come out busted or late all the time

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Inflexible mods that stick to their initial decision no matter what, that's the type of thing I don't what in my life. My initial proposal was pretty fair, but if it won't be accepted that it means this is not a place for me as I don't see anything wrong with my post.
1: You got a warning for the post
2: When you noticed you got a warning you went to edit it
3: After editing the post you made a report demanding we remove the warning
4: When "The Mods" did not reply straight away you headed to post openly for everyone to see complaining about it

Tell me who's being fair? If you did not like getting a warning a simple DM or report would have been fine, but you didn't even wait for a reply.
You have openly pointed fingers, got angry over such a small matter and you state you are being pretty fair.
If you had just edited the post and waited for a response the warning would most likely have been removed.

Reactions: PropellerEar

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Bruh, stop being a manbaby, piracy doesn't make pc the best place to play, it ensures devs spend less effort and time on the ports which means they come out busted or late all the time
The point was just that piracy exists on PC, I personally find it negative but plenty of people will see it as a positive.

Don't you think plenty of people see how easy it is to play pirated Switch games on PC as a positive? It's ridiculous that I get a warning for simply making that observation.

1: You got a warning for the post
2: When you noticed you got a warning you went to edit it
3: After editing the post you made a report demanding we remove the warning
4: When "The Mods" did not reply straight away you headed to post openly for everyone to see complaining about it

Tell me who's being fair? If you did not like getting a warning a simple DM or report would have been fine, but you didn't even wait for a reply.
You have openly pointed fingers, got angry over such a small matter and you state you are being pretty fair.
If you had just edited the post and waited for a response the warning would most likely have been removed.
I went to edit to complain about the warning, I did not went and changed the content that got me the warning. Stop the cap.

Anyway, as I said before, either ban me or remove the warning, up to you. I explained my position multiple times already.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This.⬆️
Just edit post to make clear Intention was not what the warning claims. PM mod or report your post to say this, and everything would have been solved.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This.⬆️
Just edit post to make clear Intention was not what the warning claims. PM mod or report your post to say this, and everything would have been solved.
I ain't editing nothing. I made my point pretty clearly.

If what I'm saying is not suitable to the forum all I ask is to ban me because I don't see the harm in what was in my post at all.

edit: warning removed, good, that's all I was asking for, back to our regular positing. :whistle: