Welcome to IconEra (Now 1,000+ Members)

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I ain't editing nothing. I made my point pretty clearly.

If what I'm saying is not suitable to the forum all I ask is to ban me because I don't see the harm in what was in my post at all.

edit: warning removed, good, that's all I was asking for, back to our regular positing. :whistle:
The warning was for the original post before the edit as the way it was worded was :

Screenshot 2023-08-09 232535.jpg

Anyone reading what would see it as PC is the best place to play and you don't have to pay*
I removed the warning as you have noticed.
Next time wait for a reply if you are upset with something and we will be happy to look over it when we can.
Remember the Mods/Staff do this out of there own free time and have lives outside of the forums so we can not reply instantly all the time.

handshake GIF

• Shake
Reactions: PropellerEar

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The warning was for the original post before the edit as the way it was worded was :

View attachment 2004

Anyone reading what would see it as PC is the best place to play and you don't have to pay*
I removed the warning as you have noticed.
Next time wait for a reply if you are upset with something and we will be happy to look over it when we can.
Remember the Mods/Staff do this out of there own free time and have lives outside of the forums so we can not reply instantly all the time.

handshake GIF
PC is the best place to play Sony games [claim]. Payment is optional [fact], improved settings [fact] and performance [not always true but usually true].

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
PC is the best place to play Sony games [claim]. Payment is optional [fact], improved settings [fact] and performance [not always true but usually true].
Payment is not optional. Piracy is illegal, people just get away with it because most of the time the authorities cbf to do anything about it. That's like saying "driving sober is optional" because fucktards get away with DUI.

That said there are ways of getting free games e.g. via Epic store freebies... but not Sony games.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Payment is not optional. Piracy is illegal, people just get away with it because most of the time the authorities cbf to do anything about it. That's like saying "driving sober is optional" because fucktards get away with DUI.

That said there are ways of getting free games e.g. via Epic store freebies... but not Sony games.
On PlayStation it doesn't matter, piracy is not a widespread issue like it is on PC (if even possible).

PC being a platform where piracy is widespread makes it more attractive to a lot of people, that's just a fact. It's just naive to pretend otherwise.

When playing on console we are already getting exposed to PC hackers now because of crossgen, now PlayStation games are getting exposed to piracy. Most of what made consoles unique is going away, including physical media and it being a hassle free way to play games (it just happens that PC is even worse right now but that's not necessarily going to be true forever with things like SteamOS and console games including multiple settings for you to pick).

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's exactly the same.

I edited to comment on the warning. Payment is optional when piracy on PC while legally buying the game is the only way to play games on PlayStation, those are just facts.

bored waiting GIF

I have zero interest in being a member of a forum where I'll have to walk on eggshells. It's the second time this happened in a pretty short time. I would appreciate if my posts are deleted as well, so people won't reply to me later without me being around. Inflexible mods that stick to their initial decision no matter what, that's the type of thing I don't what in my life. My initial proposal was pretty fair, but if it won't be accepted that it means this is not a place for me as I don't see anything wrong with my post.

No? I bet it was you who issued the warning.

Honestly dude, this site may not be perfect and sometimes mods allow knee jerk threads to be created. But no body is perma banned here unless they are being a complete ass.

Honestly in the way you respond and act, I'm surprised you have stayed as long as you have. @TubzGaming literally quoted you saying pirating is ok?

Like wtf? It's one thing if its a joke, but we all know its not. ANd this is not the first time your post history goes into this weird territory.

This place was built by fans of gaming. There sure is a more growing up some of us need to do in how we post. But for the most part a lot of the people/Moderation here have given so many people so many chances. Craig of war literally was given more time here than any forum before the decision was made.

This place is not perfect, but honestly the people who run it are literally the most understanding people I've dealt with on forums. I am a member to a shit ton, and out of all of them moderation here is the most understanding/forgiving.

I think you need some time for self reflection. And I vote that if you still want to permaban, we will not delete your posts. We will let them be a reminder to people on how not to conduct yourself and know that you were literally given more chances than any other site would give you. Go try this with Neogaf, the minute you talk about pirating software you will get a ban.

Gaming is a want not a need, but the industry specifically entertainment chews and spits people out to the point of them leaving. Them not getting paid well enough is why we have writers strikes, union strikes.

Seriously cool off for a bit, and then make your decision.

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Honestly in the way you respond and act, I'm surprised you have stayed as long as you have. @TubzGaming literally quoted you saying pirating is ok?
Literally never happened. I'm not responsible for the wrong conclusions you come up inside your own mind.

Warning was already removed as it was incorrectly issued, I moved on already.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Honestly dude, this site may not be perfect and sometimes mods allow knee jerk threads to be created. But no body is perma banned here unless they are being a complete ass.

Like wtf? It's one thing if its a joke, but we all know its not. ANd this is not the first time your post history goes into this weird territory.

This place was built by fans of gaming. There sure is a more growing up some of us need to do in how we post. But for the most part a lot of the people/Moderation here have given so many people so many chances. Craig of war literally was given more time here than any forum before the decision was made.

This place is not perfect, but honestly the people who run it are literally the most understanding people I've dealt with on forums. I am a member to a shit ton, and out of all of them moderation here is the most understanding/forgiving.

I think you need some time for self reflection. And I vote that if you still want to permaban, we will not delete your posts. We will let them be a reminder to people on how not to conduct yourself and know that you were literally given more chances than any other site would give you. Go try this with Neogaf, the minute you talk about pirating software you will get a ban.

Gaming is a want not a need, but the industry specifically entertainment chews and spits people out to the point of them leaving. Them not getting paid well enough is why we have writers strikes, union strikes.

Seriously cool off for a bit, and then make your decision.
100%

People have such a wide birth of what they can say and do on this site.

That Craig of war nutta was a prime example, he had more lives than that stinky cat @Exanthus does.

We got all sorts here,

We have flat earthers like @Dodkrake and @Nym, (brothers in arms)
We have a guy using Joel blackface, imagine that on Ree haha.
Wannabe Furries like @Gamernyc78
Liverpool skum like @Bo_Hazem
and Man utd wannabes like @kyliethicc (Fanbase is full, GTFO)

and to top it off, we have the worse of the worse, Taylor Swift fans (Swifties ffs) @Swift_Star :love:

My motto is

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There's room for everyone here.... lets relax and move on.

It's nothing serious enough to have such a falling-out.

We never like losing people here. We value you all.

Reactions: rofif

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
hello I heard about this site from a different site and decided to make a account. Not sure how much I'll use this place but it looks like a cool place to talk about games.
Welcome. It's generally a cool place with a good vibe. So much so, it has become the only site I come to and participate in daily.

Last edited:

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Welcome snes, I’m a Sega guy so may our paths never cross……..
Show Down Eli Wallach GIF

I like Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega Rally, and Virtua Fighter so its cool with me. I'll play a assortment of games tbh I just like nintendo the most lol.
Welcome. It's generally a cool place with a good vibe. So much so it has become the only site I come to and participate in daily.

I like the way the site looks its neat looking.