What Are You Playing Right Now?

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
Completed Stray the other day, way better than I expected I originally started it on the steam deck maybe sometime last year didn't get out of the hub area didn't really enjoy it didn't hook me. Decided to download it on the PC and damn this game was good, way better than i expected a little short but great none the less, it made we wonder how Sony always manages to find these good indies when Microsoft do they always end up to be duds.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Completed Stray the other day, way better than I expected I originally started it on the steam deck maybe sometime last year didn't get out of the hub area didn't really enjoy it didn't hook me. Decided to download it on the PC and damn this game was good, way better than i expected a little short but great none the less, it made we wonder how Sony always manages to find these good indies when Microsoft do they always end up to be duds.
Microsoft does find good indies. The problem is that good indies every once in a while isn't enough. You need games with mass appeal.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I really loved Stray as well, unironically my favorite Cyberpunk game

Microsoft does find good indies. The problem is that good indies every once in a while isn't enough. You need games with mass appeal.
Like what? I really can't think of any, when Xbox gets indies its trash like Scorn and High on Life. Palworld I guess, but that game is trash to me too

Meanwhile Sony gets stuff like Stray, Sifu, Tchia, Kena, etc. It's a night and day difference

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I really loved Stray as well, unironically my favorite Cyberpunk game

Like what? I really can't think of any, when Xbox gets indies its trash like Scorn and High on Life. Palworld I guess, but that game is trash to me too

Meanwhile Sony gets stuff like Stray, Sifu, Tchia, Kena, etc. It's a night and day difference
I enjoyed the Ori games, cuphead, the ascent. Generally the good games for MS indies tend to be on the smaller side yes.

Reactions: Sircaw and JAHGamer

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I am playing Resogun in Co-op with my son these days! He loves the action and all those giant explosions... Also, the ship editor.

14514691693_6ea88c5954_o.gif

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Death Stranding Directors Cut

I just finished the main story. Honestly, this is some of the best and worst gameplay I have ever expereinced in a "Kojima production."

THE WOW
  • Evironments are BEAUTIFUL
  • Story is crazy fun, and I especialy loved how BBs story was shown from his perspective
  • There is a deep sense of dread entering into a new area, or when it begins to rain, or other environmental challenge. Loved it!
  • The need to balance your player, cargo, etc was wonderfully done and felt very “right” and deep. Really cool mechanic.
  • Some of the Sam commentary was wonderfully done such as when he had not pissed in a long time, or laughing with BB when he laughed. Super cool.
THE EWWWW
  • The online aspect is horrendus, basicially covering the roads/landscape with digital trash. Especially roads leading to distribution centers which are littered with one sign after another.
  • I also disliked the online aspect in that once you can see others instalations, you basicially had a roadmap of the best ways to progress/traverse - it took the the need for exploration away from the player. I wonder if this was just done to increase online MAU
  • Driving collision physics were all over the place from small rocks stopping you - to rocks that normally are too hard to traverse being easy to go over.
  • This game is the utimate “Credits Simulator” credits at the beginning, 2 sets of the same credits at the end. And honestly, the way the very very end was presented both bored me and frustrated me. The “Wow so thats what happened moments" could have been presented in a much more impactful manner IMO.
  • Memory chips had no real impact. Yet another element built for gameplay length vs just gameplay.
  • Very repetitive gameplay elements such as delivery results, responses for deliveries, what happens in your private room, etc.

For me - this was a very imaginitive good, but not great, game.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I decided to introduce my son to RTS games with Age or Mythology (it's not too complex and well, I like it)... The AI is so dumb in this game 🤦

Reactions: Sircaw

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Pacific Drive. It's right up my alley, quite good so far. Surprised we don't have a thread.

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I decided to introduce my son to RTS games with Age or Mythology (it's not too complex and well, I like it)... The AI is so dumb in this game 🤦
Silly Story here, but my mum used to play these silly games like Farmville on her computer; about fifteen years or so ago, I bought her a copy of Age of Mythology Titans, I think it was called. I remember teaching her how to walk from A to B and simple things like clicking on an enemy to attact it etc.

She was terrible at the game but really enjoyed it, having fun and laughing. She was around 50 years old at the time.

At the time, I used to work as a contractor and used to travel a lot, sometimes not seeing my parents for weeks and months at a time.

I remember returning to their house for one weekend for a visit several months later, only to find that my mum was now fighting other people online in multiplayer games.

She was building stuff like Wonders to Win and had control groups set up for her armies, lol.

She was totally obsessed with it haha.

I Miss her so much.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Silly Story here, but my mum used to play these silly games like Farmville on her computer; about fifteen years or so ago, I bought her a copy of Age of Mythology Titans, I think it was called. I remember teaching her how to walk from A to B and simple things like clicking on an enemy to attact it etc.

She was terrible at the game but really enjoyed it, having fun and laughing. She was around 50 years old at the time.

At the time, I used to work as a contractor and used to travel a lot, sometimes not seeing my parents for weeks and months at a time.

I remember returning to their house for one weekend for a visit several months later, only to find that my mum was now fighting other people online in multiplayer games.

She was building stuff like Wonders to Win and had control groups set up for her armies, lol.

She was totally obsessed with it haha.

I Miss her so much.
Passed away ?

• sad
Reactions: Sircaw