What Are You Playing Right Now?

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I decided to try Jagged Alliance 3 on PS5 this month after just Platinuming both Noboday Saves the World (awesome game) and A Plagues Tail: Requiem (also really fun, but didn’t quite have the same emotional impact of the first one for me). 3 hours in and enjoying the way they merged stroy telling and turned based action. I have to say, having not played the previous entries, the GUI has a bit of a learning curve.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
The first time, virgin :)
I started it back when it was released. Only had got to the part with the extension cord debut. Started over with this new release and I already smoked past that part!

just finished the dinosaur exhibit....which was a bit of meh part of the game, but a touching moment, but was happy as fuck to have Joel back for a bit

Reactions: Sircaw

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com

53488213987_c9fd2ef7fc_4k.jpg

53489113481_30c799453c_4k.jpg

53489415114_ee91a6d5db_4k.jpg

53489415104_e9634b1681_4k.jpg

53489113401_f4643f97ed_h.jpg

53489262103_28f166ee0a_h.jpg

53489113496_311807d610_h.jpg

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

....yup! This game is GOTY!

Fantastic game. I put lies of p on hold to switch to this. Only on chapter 3 now but it’s been fantastic. Having a whole stretch of the intro be Ichi getting dating advice from Nanba and Adachi was absolutely hilarious. Game is so much fun

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Fantastic game. I put lies of p on hold to switch to this. Only on chapter 3 now but it’s been fantastic. Having a whole stretch of the intro be Ichi getting dating advice from Nanba and Adachi was absolutely hilarious. Game is so much fun
That intro was so good 😂😂😂
I spit out my drink when he proposed 🤣🤣🤣

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
That intro was so good 😂😂😂
I spit out my drink when he proposed 🤣🤣🤣

The escalation of events is just something else lol

From going on a date, to proposing then getting ghosted for an ENTIRE YEAR to then losing your job coz of a VTuber 😭 What a wild ass ride so far

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I just finished the last of us 2; I enjoyed it a lot, solid 9/10

Highlights for me

-The combat is excellent,
-Masterful animations.
-Killing animations are brutal
-Some beautiful environments;
-I really liked Abby's character;
-The second half of the game really shined for me,
-Tense moments,
-Excellent boss fights
-The scale of the game was super impressive, especially some of the verticality.
-Fantastic weapons
-Great upgrade system

Lows

- A bit pretentious in places;
-The zebra scene did not cut it for me, trying too hard to hit a giraffe moment from the first game; I would have made it more personal/emotional with Abby cutting the wires, like when Ellie plays the guitar.
-The story is a bit flat in places;
-Some of Abby's reactions to her friend's dying could have been done a lot better; the sniper scene when her friend gets shot in the face, was piss poor.
-Did not like killing dogs,
-Story dragged on abit.

Technical issues

-A couple of minor glitches
-I found a room that was barricaded from the inside, had to smash a window to get in, and had a note saying the guy had moved on.
-I found some spawns of enemies that did not make sense, i.e., how did they get into the location? One particular spot where Ellie needed to jump down, like a 5-meter drop, but somehow the enemies came that way.
-Abby's animations spazzed out on the crane,
-The pregnant woman, aka "The Flash, standing at the bottom of the boat in the hangar, 10 meters below me, said, "I will be right there. I turned to the left, and she was suddenly standing right next to me."
-some terrible Ai pathing at the end of the game that ruined a scene for me,

All in all, it is nothing major, just minor floors.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I thought I would notch off a game on my backlist, so I started playing the Callisto Project.

I'm unsure if it's a good thing, especially after playing the Last of Us 2, as this game will look terrible.

So far its not to bad at all, some of the death animations are over the top, the combat system is very strange, environments are very pretty, but the levels, some of them have too much crawl through this hole, climb up this ledge into another room and do the same thing again.

I don't like the voice acting in the game, especially the guy helping you navigate.

The loading times are incredible. I died in a spot, and it was basically instantaneous.

I'm only about an hour in; see how far I can get.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I thought I would notch off a game on my backlist, so I started playing the Callisto Project.

I'm unsure if it's a good thing, especially after playing the Last of Us 2, as this game will look terrible.

So far its not to bad at all, some of the death animations are over the top, the combat system is very strange, environments are very pretty, but the levels, some of them have too much crawl through this hole, climb up this ledge into another room and do the same thing again.

I don't like the voice acting in the game, especially the guy helping you navigate.

The loading times are incredible. I died in a spot, and it was basically instantaneous.

The graphics are really good, I’d say slightly worse than TLOU2.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm not sure if there's enough interest for this so I'm going to post about it here. There's a wonderful bundle on Fanatical I can barely believe how good it is 😲

You can choose 3 games and I recommend Cookie Cutter, Summum Aeterna and Aeterna Noctis. I already had Aeterna Noctis so I took Ziggurat 2.

Cookie Cutter just came out last month and it's an awesome metroidvania with high production values.

Aeterna Noctis is up there with Hollow Knight as the biggest and best metroidvania. The game can be hard but you can cheat on PC.

Summum Aeterna is a roguelike in the same world as Aeterna Noctis that came out recently and was never on deep sale. I was addicted to Aeterna Noctis so I'm glad there's another game in the same universe.

You can choose whatever else but take at least these 3. Incredible deal.

-I really liked Abby's character;
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023

Callisto Protocol, you mean? Eye candy. They spent all of their budget on graphics and hiring "famous" actors for their game. The combat is awful, the story only gets interesting at the last moments of the game, boss fights are horrible (you will see what I mean) etc.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Callisto Protocol, you mean? Eye candy. They spent all of their budget on graphics and hiring "famous" actors for their game. The combat is awful, the story only gets interesting at the last moments of the game, boss fights are horrible (you will see what I mean) etc.
It really is a pretty game; there's not too much to it, and it could really do with some more RPG elements to it.

I just got to the ship where I need to follow the woman onto it; I'm not too sure how far it is till the end of the game.

I did not expect much from the game with all the negative reviews, but it's fine for a play-through so far, and I got it for free, so I can't really complain.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio