What Are You Playing Right Now?

EDMIX

I was one of the lucky few who snagged a preorder of the PS4 version back in December and it's become one of the crown jewels of my physical game collection.
Truth.

I'm still on the hunt for a physical copy.
Have you played 5 and 6 as well? I was doing some research on 5 to see how rough the platinum will be and the job system looks pretty interesting. I especially like how the characters each get a unique outfit for each job.
I've played the whole series, I like 5's game play as the job system is addicting, but I never really liked the story. I loved EVERYTHING in FFVI, the story, the setting, the theme, the music, the gameplay .

Started baldurs gate 3, character creator took me a while.

Gonna take my time with the game, but if I can't finish it before Spiderman 2, gonna have to put it on hold.

I'm about 40 hour in and easily GOTY by a mile for me.

I'll also put it on hold for a bit to run through Spiderman 2 though lol

Reactions: anonpuffs

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Back in Night City, CP2077. Got the DLC but I need to complete the PS5 version with all the updates. So it's gonna take a while.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I checked out the Foamstars open beta on PS5. Great graphics, fun gameplay, and I can see why people were saying it’s better than Splatoon. Tons of fun and once again, usually stunning!

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Finished separate ways (was great well worth the £8) been playing the crew motorfest & Disney speedstorm all weekend I hope they add Simpsons characters & some Springfield themed tracks

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Spider-Man 2 with custom "Jim Ryan assist" which allows me to play without using my thumbs.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Just added platinums 43 and 44 to my account with Final Fantasy 5 last night and Toem tonight.

Nearly done with the FF Pixel Remaster collection and I'm not ready for it to be over. I'll be taking a little break from FF so I don't get burned out and end up not finishing FF6, but I'm really looking forward to it since it's such a different setting from the previous 5 games.

Toem is a cute, relaxing little game that doesn't take long to platinum. It was on my list of PS+ Essential games to play before my sub expires so I thought I'd give it a shot. Didn't expect to like it anywhere near as much as I did. Plus the easy platinum is nice!

Not sure what I'll be playing next. I was thinking about finally trying out Cyberpunk, but I might wait until Phantom Liberty goes on sale before diving in. I've waited this long, what's another 6+ months or even a year or two?

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I bought CP2077 at launch but waited for improvements and expansions before playing. So far, I'm enjoying the story, gameplay, and world.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Although I planned to take a break, I couldn't resist - started FF6 today. I'm only a couple hours in
, but I think this is by far the best of the 2D games. The fresh setting, the improved artwork, the amazing soundtrack, the enthralling story. This game truly has it all. I'm going to enjoy this one!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Playing Eternights and I'm feeling like dropping it. It's a shitty indie level persona clone with action combat mechanics. Like 5 or 6/10. Which sucks because it's not terrible but the lack of presentation is holding it back - base resolution feels like 720p (yeah it looks really bad). This should be a $15 game tops.

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
I'm close to the end of Final Fantasy XVI (83% according to my PS5) and still love it so far. Fantastic game, can't wait to see how it ends.

When I'm not able to play on the TV, I'm also playing Cruis'n Blast on my Switch Lite. I dislike the rubberbanding, but love everything else. The sense of speed, the way it looks, the soundtrack, the tight controls. Fantastic arcade racing experience on the go.

I also finished the OG Final Fantasy from the Pixel Remaster collection on Switch. Great update, still crazy how accessible it still is. I want to finish all 6 games by the end of next year, got to spread them out a little bit. Glad I managed to get a physical copy of this!

Reactions: laynelane
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I'm close to the end of Final Fantasy XVI (83% according to my PS5) and still love it so far. Fantastic game, can't wait to see how it ends.

When I'm not able to play on the TV, I'm also playing Cruis'n Blast on my Switch Lite. I dislike the rubberbanding, but love everything else. The sense of speed, the way it looks, the soundtrack, the tight controls. Fantastic arcade racing experience on the go.

I also finished the OG Final Fantasy from the Pixel Remaster collection on Switch. Great update, still crazy how accessible it still is. I want to finish all 6 games by the end of next year, got to spread them out a little bit. Glad I managed to get a physical copy of this!
Forgot about cruis'n blast I was going to get that cause I loved the one on the Wii which is the same as an arcade game I used to play at the sea side but it was branded as fast & furious I would've got it by now if it was on ps5

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
Forgot about cruis'n blast I was going to get that cause I loved the one on the Wii which is the same as an arcade game I used to play at the sea side but it was branded as fast & furious I would've got it by now if it was on ps5
It reminds me of a simpler Burnout 3 but only with point-to-point races. It just doesn't have that much content, but what's there is quality and great fun. If you can get it for cheap, I'd highly recommend it.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Got "Paint the town Red" cause my son was asking me for it... looks fun, been watching him play the last while.

It's not very deep so far but I'm interested to see what happens later in the game. He has to escape the prison.

Nothing to do with this catchy song...