What Are You Playing Right Now?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Picked up gloomhaven on pc to crossplay with my friends on ps5, the experience is awful

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm playing with something guess what 👀

ps portal ?
I forgot about this post lol

I was actually playing with my new laptop.

I tried BG3, Cyberpunk and Alan Wake 2.

Alan Wake 2: Awful performance, blurry and full artifacts. No difference visually with RTX enabled but plays at 8fps the fuck? Dualsense no rumble, haptics or adaptive triggers even if it's supposed to be supported? REFUND bye bitch

Cyberpunk: bad performance when playing natively so I have to use DLSS whatever. Once again awful performance when I enable the RTX stuff even if it's a 2023 card with all the latest technology. Pointless if I have to turn it off. I'll just play the $10 version I have on PS5.

BG3: I lost all my progress with my Gale character so I start a new game with Astarion. I'm bored out of my mind I don't want to restart this game 🤬

Random issues: no sound when VRR is enabled(?), black screen on start up, SSD not recognized when I plug my tv so I can't play anything??? Just weird.

I FUCKING HATE PC GAMING 😡😠🤬

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Alan Wake 2: Awful performance, blurry and full artifacts. No difference visually with RTX enabled but plays at 8fps the fuck? Dualsense no rumble, haptics or adaptive triggers even if it's supposed to be supported? REFUND bye bitch

Cyberpunk: bad performance when playing natively so I have to use DLSS whatever. Once again awful performance when I enable the RTX stuff even if it's a 2023 card with all the latest technology. Pointless if I have to turn it off. I'll just play the $10 version I have on PS5.

BG3: I lost all my progress with my Gale character so I start a new game with Astarion. I'm bored out of my mind I don't want to restart this game 🤬

Random issues: no sound when VRR is enabled(?), black screen on start up, SSD not recognized when I plug my tv so I can't play anything??? Just weird.

What laptop?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

😂😂 what are the specs? Your laptop probably isn't powerful enough, especially with raytracing enabled. Maybe try to turn settings to medium/low and turn raytracing off. I have a 12700k/3080 and still have to play AW2/CP2077 with RT off and DLSS on for them to be playable. Sadly pretty much every game these days on PC is unplayable without upscaling. And I remember when PC gamers used to make fun of ps4 pro and xbox one x for playing at "fake 4k" when that's what DLSS/FSR are 😂🤣

Also, BG3 has cross saves, you just need to make a Larian account. BUT PLEASE don't play BG3 as an origin character and make your own character. It elevates the experience a lot.

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
The Great Crystal in FFXII:

the-weeknd-super-bowl.gif

And what about the ending of this game? It feels rushed. Vayne as an anime wrestler, seriously?

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I just beat Yakuza Gaiden, amazing game. It's in my top 3 favorite Yakuza games now, the way it tied into Y:LAD was so well done.

My hype and excitement for Infinite Wealth is now through the roof.

Reactions: laynelane

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I just beat Yakuza Gaiden, amazing game. It's in my top 3 favorite Yakuza games now, the way it tied into Y:LAD was so well done.

My hype and excitement for Infinite Wealth is now through the roof.
Thinking of getting the physical release from PlayAsia but fuck Sega and all their BS, especially that recent tease of them working with MS. Gonna wait now.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Thinking of getting the physical release from PlayAsia but fuck Sega and all their BS, especially that recent tease of them working with MS. Gonna wait now.
I got the physical from PlayAsia and I don’t blame you at all, Sega makes it very hard to support them. I just can’t resist 😭

Infinite Wealth day 1 is a must for me now but I’ll be getting P5 Tactica and P3 Reload on deep discounts

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What laptop?

😂😂 what are the specs? Your laptop probably isn't powerful enough, especially with raytracing enabled. Maybe try to turn settings to medium/low and turn raytracing off. I have a 12700k/3080 and still have to play AW2/CP2077 with RT off and DLSS on for them to be playable. Sadly pretty much every game these days on PC is unplayable without upscaling. And I remember when PC gamers used to make fun of ps4 pro and xbox one x for playing at "fake 4k" when that's what DLSS/FSR are 😂🤣
It's a laptop with the new RTX 4050 that came out this year in 2023 with DLSS 3.0 and 3.5 support.

I wanted to play in 4k but it's impossible so I need at least 1440p with Ray-Tracing enabled because that's what it's for. If I can't even play 1080p with everything turned on then I'll just play on PS5 with full dualsense support 🤡

Also, BG3 has cross saves, you just need to make a Larian account. BUT PLEASE don't play BG3 as an origin character and make your own character. It elevates the experience a lot.
I have the Larian account but it didn't upload my latest save and I already deleted the game from my old laptop. Creating a new character would mean restarting the game again and it's a real chore. Ugh.

I'll think about it 😔

OP
OP
Explosive Zombie

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
It's a laptop with the new RTX 4050 that came out this year in 2023 with DLSS 3.0 and 3.5 support.

I wanted to play in 4k but it's impossible so I need at least 1440p with Ray-Tracing enabled because that's what it's for. If I can't even play 1080p with everything turned on then I'll just play on PS5 with full dualsense support 🤡

I have the Larian account but it didn't upload my latest save and I already deleted the game from my old laptop. Creating a new character would mean restarting the game again and it's a real chore. Ugh.

I'll think about it 😔
I'm on a 4070 and I can play Alan Wake 2 with everything maxed out completely. I don't play at 4K though.

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I booted up Saints Row 2022 last night because it's been on my list of games I need to play before I lose PS+. It's... Not great. Aiming is slow and feels laggy, but I adjusted it to help a little. Still doesn't feel as good as other games. Also the story makes no sense at all. A group of college graduates who all do crime, for different gangs, and they're destitute pretty much all the time? But the player character walks around with literally thousands of dollars and I'm buying $900 hats and stuff. One thing I can say about it is it keeps the goofy atmosphere of SR3, but it doesn't really have the same charm. I'll stick it through to finish the story and that's about as far as I'm going with it.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

I'll think about it 😔
4050 is purely a 1080p card, sorry, you’ll have to stick to that. It should do ok at that resolution with most games.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters