What Are You Playing Right Now?

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Nothing but tomorrow is Dead Space day!!! Woohoo!!!

tumblr_nyqzd4180F1qz5q5lo1_1280.jpg

Reactions: peter42O

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
fired up Returnal, Ratchet and Clank or similar, those have good implementation. even GT7
With the migraine I have right now, Returnal is a no-go, and no racing. Even running in God of War is making me feel like I’m about to puke, but the controller is fucking AMAZING.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Only thing that was bit annoying was the quests in 2D
Believe it or not, I played the whole game in 2D, until I stopped at the post-game. I needed to take a break after spending 60+ hours just for the main story 😂 when I pick it up, I'll be playing in 2D again. The music was so old school and clashed with the 3D graphics, I just couldn't take it. I actually bought the original version and only played like an hour or two because the music was too much to handle for me. But in the S version, it has the orchestrated music plus 2D mode - it doesn't feel as jarring when you're listening to music that sounds like it's from a SNES game when the game also looks like it's from the SNES.

Reactions: SSfox

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Got the platinum for Mass effect 3. It's definitely better than I remembered it. The ending is still pretty meh and overall 1 and 2 were better.

Reactions: Sircaw

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So I finally stopped putting it off and finished grinding through Crisis Core Reunion. It's the same old wacky shit, the ending makes no sense, but it still hits you in the feels. Japanese games man, what the fuck. It shouldn't work but it does. Still have a few missions to grind out but idk if I really wanna push for the platinum. Also, the fact that they left the old cutscene in unremastered is ... interesting. Maybe they couldn't renegotiate the licensing with Gackt or whatever but I wonder if there's a hint of why there's a split in the Remake/Rebirth/Re- universe with the OG universe.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Now: Hi-Fi Rush
Next: Dead Space remake
Afterward: Kena Bridge of Spirits PS5 upgraded version

No idea how long HF Rush is but hoping I can get through it over the weekend so it doesn't clash with Dead Space when my copy arrives.

Kena will be on the back burner, no rush to play it yet.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I just bought the meme game....

Final Fantasy Fist Bump GIF by Xbox

So I will soon kill Chaos!

Also have GT7 reloaded on to my PS5 to do all the new menus and get the new cars. Excited about that.

and 2 other games that need attention very soon too....

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
With the migraine I have right now, Returnal is a no-go, and no racing. Even running in God of War is making me feel like I’m about to puke, but the controller is fucking AMAZING.
Did you try putting peppermint oil on your temples? I have a co-worker who tried everything for years and nothing worked until she found Peppermint oil. It was life changing for her.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Did you try putting peppermint oil on your temples? I have a co-worker who tried everything for years and nothing worked until she found Peppermint oil. It was life changing for her.
Yup.

Pretty much tried everything there is. Peppermint oil can sometimes give a little relief, but my migraines are 100% neurological, so nothing reliable helps.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Returnal - going for platinum cause Icon made me too haha. I am over halfway. Its not as difficult imo as some people make it out to be.
Returnal is not hard per se, it just punishes you if you screw up too much. I think most people get tripped up on trying to play it like a normal ADS shooter though, and that's not how it works

Reactions: Elder Legend

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Returnal is not hard per se, it just punishes you if you screw up too much. I think most people get tripped up on trying to play it like a normal ADS shooter though, and that's not how it works
That's true, but I think same can be said for a Souls game. I don't believe Elden Ring or any of the souls games are really difficult either. But if you make a mistake, it's kind of over u less you are very good at recovering quickly and smartly.

I don't know of it's me, but I think 1st boss can be somewhat challenging for most people. I killed him on the second try, 2nd boss was much easier (the dude in the desert) and I 1 shot him. 3rd boss I played dumb and didn't get a good weapon and died cause it was taking too long to do damage so I killed him on the 2nd try.

I am in the 4th world now.

Anyway, out of all those bosses so far, j think 1st boss is the hardest and I wouldn't be surprised if that turns off most people and makes them give up.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Returnal - going for platinum cause Icon made me too haha. I am over halfway. Its not as difficult imo as some people make it out to be.

Let me know how it goes, in-fact can you let me know in general how the difficulty curve of the game is.

I'm not really big into Souls style games but assumed because Returnal is a shooter, it'll be different.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Let me know how it goes, in-fact can you let me know in general how the difficulty curve of the game is.

I'm not really big into Souls style games but assumed because Returnal is a shooter, it'll be different.
game is easier than souls games, by far imo. The only thing about souls games is that you can outlevel the content by grinding, but in returnal the grinding comes much slower (you grind the weapon affixes and can level them up). I think the people who think it's hard come at it from the wrong mentality. in souls you sit there and wait for your chance. in returnal you have to constantly move and anticipate, there is a very generous aim assist so it's less about hitting your target accurately and more about paying attention to your surroundings and making sure you don't get hit - and as long as you're paying attention, you won't get hit most of the time.