What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

• Spiderman

Votes: 81 89.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Around the same

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Starfield would have vastly outperformed Cyberpunk 2077 if it was being sold as a $70 multi platform game. But it’s on gamespass for both Xbox and PC and will instead bring in a fraction of that. Hundreds of millions abandoned.

I’m sure Pete Hines is not happy that CoD and Diablo will be able to recoup their dev and marketing costs with future games and the last 10 years of dev time on Starfield won’t until they started dropping paid expansion and dlc content (which they are already in preorder).

You’re only going to get a unique player stat which I’m guessing is going to be close to 20 million at launch. Exponentially way bigger release than Halo as well.
Yea seem like Bethesda is Phil favorite new toy until ABK got into MS's eyes.

Must be pretty sad for him. 1 year in and Bethesda/Zennimax haven't really made anything worthwhile yet, MS must got pretty fed up about their outputs and pull the EEE card again.

It would be funny seeing all the "Xbox's franchises" they splatter all over the place came collapsed because of creative bankruptcy.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
If Starfield sells well on PC is probably means PC Gamepass will never take off.

It's either relatively low sales or disappointing growth in Gamepass subscribers.

I hope this is going to be Bethesda's Cyberpunk if once again they deliver an uninspired and poorly designed game that is also a technical mess.
Most hardcore players will go Steam version. Easier to mod will save the experience since it is a Betheseda game.

UWP apps are very restrictive, in gaming it is even worth

D

Deleted member 782

hard but not impossible
so wait and see
Japan and Asia will be the road block for Spider-Man 2 to reach that level.
The reason why Nintendo games are breaking records left and right is because they have Japan and Asia. The install base for four countries (Japan, China, South Korea, and Taiwan) alone is approximately 40 million units, and that's going to help a lot to accommodate first-party launch sales numbers.

Three days sales data in Japan

1. Pokémon Scarlet and Violet - 4.05m
2. Splatoon 3 - 3.45m
3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 2.68m
4. Zelda TOTK - 2.24m
5. Pokémon Sword and Shield - 2m
6. Pokémon Legends Arceus - 2m
7. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - 2m

Reactions: VillaiN

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Japan will be the road block for Spider-Man 2 to reach that level.
The reason why Nintendo games are breaking records left and right is because they have Japan and Asia. The install base for those four countries alone is approximately 40 million units, and that's going to help a lot to accommodate first-party game sales numbers.

2. Splatoon 3 - 3.45m
4. Zelda TOTK - 2.24m
I still don't understand why Pokemon sell that well. Especially since it is boring comparing to other Animal Crossing or Splatoon, TOTK,... Plus no redeeming quality whatsoever.

Franchise recognition off the roof.

Reactions: daniel5043
D

Deleted member 782

I still don't understand why Pokemon sell that well. Especially since it is boring comparing to other Animal Crossing or Splatoon, TOTK,... Plus no redeeming quality whatsoever.

Franchise recognition off the roof.
There's no alternative to Monster-Catching, breeding, etc. and it's probably one of the few games in this world that's staying true to its roots.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Japan and Asia will be the road block for Spider-Man 2 to reach that level.
The reason why Nintendo games are breaking records left and right is because they have Japan and Asia. The install base for four countries (Japan, China, South Korea, and Taiwan) alone is approximately 40 million units, and that's going to help a lot to accommodate first-party launch sales numbers.

2. Splatoon 3 - 3.45m
4. Zelda TOTK - 2.24m
You might as well just say Japan, China and South Korea don't buy consoles and Taiwan is Sony turf.

D

Deleted member 782

You might as well just say Japan, China and South Korea don't buy consoles and Taiwan is Sony turf.
They do buy consoles, just not much from Sony and Taiwan is definitely not Sony's turf.

Taiwan hardware sales 2019-2022

Nintendo Switch - 916k
PlayStation 5 - 128k
PlayStation 4 - 119k
Xbox(all) - 13k

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They do buy consoles, just not much from Sony and Taiwan is definitely not Sony's turf.

Nintendo Switch - 916k
PlayStation 5 - 128k
PlayStation 4 - 119k
Xbox(all) - 13k
Those numbers are ass. Interesting to see how "much" they've embraced Switch, though.

Just to compare, the Netherlands has a similar, but slightly smaller, population but between 30 and 40 percent of households own a console of some kind. Taiwan is at less than half that.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022

Nintendo Switch - 916k
PlayStation 5 - 128k
PlayStation 4 - 119k
Xbox(all) - 13k

source ?

Reactions: Umar

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Betting against spiderman has only brought me pain so far, he's always a winner.

So what? I did not know the Switch would be a success either... among many other things.

So I will not take a side on sales predictions, this is useless chest pumping, we should wait after a month or two of sales for each games (whatever relevant comparison stick we can get, console only, in an equal amount of time). Then we can draw conclusions, but then again, this is one game and it's not the only one Sony has... Well MS has RedFall in its recent catalog, but then we have FF XVI and whatever else that releases or released recently on PS5.

So, one blockbuster console exclusive against 5 or 10? and we will only count the one xbox has to offer in the autumn of 2023 because all of 2022 and the first half of 2023 did not count? This is like people who bought the Atari Jaguar for Doom expecting it to overtake the Genesis/SNES.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Lets be honest, no one out side of these gaming bubbles even know what starfield is lol

Spider-man 2 is a gaming event alongside the movies. It had an entire SDCC press event dedicated to it. Not only does it appeal to casual gamers but the same people who play starfield will probably buy a ps5 to play spider-man or already have one.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They really need something other than spider-man for PS5 this holiday. Unfortunate I have nothing new to look forward to till Death Stranding 2. Im sure many will be happy with more by the numbers capeshit but… not me. Not even bothering with looking at screenshots or trailers. Fuck that game and fuck open world super hero games.

I hope Helldivers 2 is great. Not just good. Fucking amazing.

Reactions: Bryank75

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
They really need something other than spider-man for PS5 this holiday. Unfortunate I have nothing new to look forward to till Death Stranding 2. Im sure many will be happy with more by the numbers capeshit but… not me. Not even bothering with looking at screenshots or trailers. Fuck that game and fuck open world super hero games.

I hope Helldivers 2 is great. Not just good. Fucking amazing.

If first party and 3rd party games aren’t enough for you you need another console, and if theres nothing on other consoles worth playing then you need another hobby

For me, i have way more games coming out and have yet to play then i have time or money for atm. This is one of the best years in gaming