What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

• Spiderman

Votes: 81 89.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Around the same

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
They really need something other than spider-man for PS5 this holiday. Unfortunate I have nothing new to look forward to till Death Stranding 2. Im sure many will be happy with more by the numbers capeshit but… not me. Not even bothering with looking at screenshots or trailers. Fuck that game and fuck open world super hero games.

I hope Helldivers 2 is great. Not just good. Fucking amazing.
Yea, I'm neutral with PS/XSX, so I will have Starfield for the holidays. What about BG3? I'm also still enjoying Diablo 4.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yea, I'm neutral with PS/XSX, so I will have Starfield for the holidays. What about BG3? I'm also still enjoying Diablo 4.

Oh, I have plenty I will play and enjoy the fark out of. Just nothing new to care about for the holiday season (I’d play Starfield but I can’t support MS). I’ve already planned my next few months of backlog. Death Stranding 2 is def the next major single player game I’ll be hyped for. Not much else on the radar yet … or whenever Metroid Prime 4 decides to come out. BG3 would be a flash sale purchase if that. Wouldn’t buy it at launch. Armored core similarly peaks my interest so that’s actually maybe since it caters to my tastes better by being an action game.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Frozone
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They really need something other than spider-man for PS5 this holiday. Unfortunate I have nothing new to look forward to till Death Stranding 2. Im sure many will be happy with more by the numbers capeshit but… not me. Not even bothering with looking at screenshots or trailers. Fuck that game and fuck open world super hero games.

I hope Helldivers 2 is great. Not just good. Fucking amazing.
They need shit! The competition ain't doing anything better! Ya niggas live in an bizarro world

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s not my concern that spider-man is competitive against Xbox. Don’t care about that. It’ll be a huge success and Ps5 continuing its momentum.

Just bummed it’s only spider-man. Would like to see some non Marvel software for the holiday and an alternative to popcorn fodder. It’s not gonna happen tho.

So I’ll wait for DS2.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It’s not my concern that spider-man is competitive against Xbox. Don’t care about that. It’ll be a huge success and Ps5 continuing its momentum.

Just bummed it’s only spider-man. Would like to see some non Marvel software for the holiday and an alternative to popcorn fodder. It’s not gonna happen tho.

So I’ll wait for DS2.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
There's tons of stuff either coming soon or recently released. Nobody should be going game-hungry this Christmas.

Reactions: lupumSolitarius
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

So I’ll wait for DS2.
This just reminded me we are getting a Wolverine game from these great devs! That game is going to be dope asf and sell alot!

Last edited:
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

So I’ll wait for DS2.
Make sure you support Helldivers 2 & BG3

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Skyrim also benefited from a very different market at the time where there weren't many other WRPGs around, and RPG mechanics weren't as prevalent in other AAA games. That's no longer the case, and it will still have to contend not just with Spiderman 2, but also Baulder's Gate 3, Diablo 4 (which is still going strong), TOTK (also still going strong), and FF XVI (ditto). People aren't just going to stop playing those games because Starfield's now available, no en masse.

I think the market back then was also a lot more forgiving when it came to graphics and bugs. We'll see if the extra time taken for "polishing" makes a difference, but when it comes to Bethesda - I don't have much faith.

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Spiderman 2 and anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

The hype for Spiderman 2 is astronomical at this point especially after the story trailer dropped (It has 8.6 million views on YT after only 4 days).

Starfield is a new IP and simply can't compete with such brand recognition. It will do well but Spiderman 2 will crush it in sales.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You know you've gone too far when even DF clown you for being too much of an Xbox fanboy. I hope Resetera becomes universally discredited as the Xbox fanboy echo chamber that it is.

This is priceless but expected 😂🏳️🏳️