What would it take for y'all to be ok with PlayStation on PC?

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
To be honest, he kind of does have a point. The problem with his argument is that Sony DOESN'T have to grow, management WANTS it to grow. Problem is, there's no such thing as infinite growth. At some point things just level out and you can;t grow more.

Also, selling 1 million copies of your biggest games on PC won't make the brand grow. Mobile is the way to go.
The important change is that Sony wants to make money from their games rather than from their hardware. People have a deeper emotional connection to Sony's box than Sony has.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The important change is that Sony wants to make money from their games rather than from their hardware. People have a deeper emotional connection to Sony's box than Sony has.
And that's the problem without the box PlayStation is dead and it seems they have lost sight of that. If you devalue your box then Playstation owners have no reason to buy your box, when you're putting your games else where and making them technically superior and also easily pirated.

Without the box there's goes your 30% cut of all third party games and MTX, there goes the PS+ subs, now you'll also be stuck paying other vendors a cut of your first party profits...

All those accessory sales disappear amongst other stuff lol

But what do we know, surely the CEO's know better

OP
OP
rinzler

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
To be honest, he kind of does have a point. The problem with his argument is that Sony DOESN'T have to grow, management WANTS it to grow. Problem is, there's no such thing as infinite growth. At some point things just level out and you can;t grow more.

Also, selling 1 million copies of your biggest games on PC won't make the brand grow. Mobile is the way to go.
It they don't grow they are not staying constant, they are receding, costs go up with time. If costs rise and business is not growing you are going red.

It's a pretty basic concept.

oh yeah, usual doom and gloom predictions.

just be honest, you want to playstation to die. i have seen nothing but taking jabs at Playstation from the start.

yeah, magical death. they are raking biggest revenue and profits, but of course, they about to die, because reasons..
Yes I want PlayStation to die and yet I keep giving them money.... Make it make sense.

Screenshot-20240316-170416-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170438-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170457-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170510-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170527-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170557-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170626-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170642-Steam.jpg

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

I prefer console gaming, I like buying discs. I like cover art and I miss manuals.

I probably will just find new hobbies if Sony exists the console market.

• thisistheway
Reactions: arvfab and Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yes I want PlayStation to die and yet I keep giving them money.... Make it make sense.

Screenshot-20240316-170416-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170438-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170457-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170510-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170527-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170557-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170626-Steam.jpg

Screenshot-20240316-170642-Steam.jpg
That doesn't disprove in any way that you want the PlayStation console to die, if anything it shows that you are all in on it dying.

Do you even own a PS5? Why are you double dipping on all these games?

Almost none of these games would end up being made if Sony was a PC only publisher.

OP
OP
rinzler

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
That doesn't disprove in any way that you want the PlayStation console to die, if anything it shows that you are all in on it dying.

Do you even own a PS5? Why are you double dipping on all these games?

Almost none of these games would end up being made if Sony was a PC only publisher.
Why would I want PlayStation to die, I don't care where others play their games.

PlayStation will die without expansion, do you think PC is the end of the road here? The next 5 years are going to make a lot of people really pissy. PlayStation will die without expansion.

Yes I own one.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Why would I want PlayStation to die, I don't care where others play their games.

PlayStation will die without expansion, do you think PC is the end of the road here? The next 5 years are going to make a lot of people really pissy. PlayStation will die without expansion.

Yes I own one.
The PC games barely selling will save PlayStation? PlayStation as we know will die as they try to cater to the PC audience, 5 years from now Sony will probably just limit themselves to GaaS, MOBAs, F2P, etc, let's see if the likes of you are going to be enough for their business then.

Reactions: JAHGamer

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I prefer console gaming, I like buying discs. I like cover art and I miss manuals.

I probably will just find new hobbies if Sony exists the console market.
All the things you like about console gaming are here to stay. Except for the discs and the cover art and the manuals.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
All the things you like about console gaming are here to stay. Except for the discs and the cover art and the manuals.

They are part of the experience, without them gaming just feels more hollow if that makes sense.

OP
OP
rinzler

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
They are part of the experience, without them gaming just feels more hollow if that makes sense.
I felt that way with PC when physical went away, but it fades with time and you actually begin to enjoy the digital convenience.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
This isn't a PC vs console thing. This is a you vs the whole videogame industry thing.

The reason limited run games exist is because there are a lot of people out there like me who care about cases and manuals.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Sony made exaggerated projections in the first place which I've seen basically everybody agree that yeah they were pretty exaggerated. We're also nearing 4 years into the systems life.

Stemming further from that as I said the PlayStation 5 is basically in lock step with the PlayStation 4 in terms of unit sales life to date. That's not only at a roughly $100 higher margin per unit, but also a $10 higher margin per game sale.

With that said the quote unquote damage to the brand or expectation of platform abandonment as a result of knowing ports will come do not align with any form of statistical reality.

Frankly I find it to be gross hyperbole without receipts.
They weren't exaggerates lol. Last year was the first year PS5 was readily available all the time. PS5 was suppose to surpass the PS4 before 2023 ended that came out of Jim Ryan's mouth. Instead the PS5 lost ground to PS4 by the end of 2023.

At this rate the PS5 will probably sell around the PS1 / Wii.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
-4 years staggered launches at best, but ideally only last gen games being ported (No PS5 games, only PS4)
-PC games can't run better than console
-PC games must launch only in a proprietary launcher (Not STEAM)
-games should ALWAYS cost more on PC than on console, no matter how old the games get
-absolutely NO PC port announcements during shows where the real console fans are watching (state of play, E3, gamescom, conferences, whatever).

PC ports are a blog post at best, no fanfare. Also, Nixxes has to atleast do something of value for PS5 console owners. Not sure what, just not what they're doing right now.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
I would say last gen for SP and day one for multiplayer GaaS with mandatory crossplay off option. I have Helldivers 2 crossplay turned off despite being PvE.

Multiplayer modes could be as well standalone like Uncharted 4 and be available on PC, but the SP/campaign only available on PS.