What would it take for y'all to be ok with PlayStation on PC?

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
What you're saying isn't simple. You're overcomplicating it. You said you would prefer to game on a powerful PC "with the largest library". So it's better for you what you actually want if there are no exclusives / all games come to PC. You mention "convenience" and "form factor", but even these are wins for PC if you go with mini-ITX and SteamOS (via Bazzite).

So why are you making up reasons why you shouldn't have what you want?
I didn't say I'd prefer a powerful PC. I'm on the fence about it and in no hurry to get anything. If Sony have a good line up of exclusives I'm very likely to get a Playstation. If not I might go elsewhere or get nothing new. That's the short of it.

One reason I lurk here is to see what's out and so far Playstation hasn't converted me despite my being interested. Feels like it's been a slow gen for my tastes but picking up.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Some of you PC guys should stop being so hypocritical and faux naïf before we can actually start any real discussions. Really tiring seeing the same argument about how "Sony needs to grow and blah blah", really feel like NPC behaviors. How the fuck is it growing when their biggest focus and moneymaker, the console section, will be likely to suffer from their stupid choices?

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Most of MW3 sales are on PS5, I doubt it sold 1m on PC. Starfield maybe did 1m but for a Bethesda game, thats a complete flop

Starfield was on Steams platinum tier of revenue (highest revenue bracket), so it sold multiple millions.

You can check this stuff up you know. You don't have to lie or be ignorant.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Starfield was on Steams platinum tier of revenue (highest revenue bracket), so it sold multiple millions.

Steam platinum tier means nothing when Steam is a relatively TINY market for AAA games. When will you people wake up and realize this? 🤣

Multiple millions = 2m or better. It definitely didn't sell 2m units globally let alone on Steam.

Last year, Starfield was #11 on NPD (USA), didn't even chart on top 20 for GSD (EU) OR GFK (UK) (It was outsold by GoW Ragnarok 🤣), and obviously it definitely didn't chart in Japan. That means it very likely didn't sell more than 2m units worldwide. Maybe 1m on Steam and 200k on Xbox, at best 🤷‍♂️

Just because you don't like the truth, doesn't mean it's a lie or I'm being ignorant. Starfield was a COLOSSAL flop, don't shoot the messenger.

GEIVPXDbIAA8YJV

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F8f4f86b2-acb8-4f84-ae93-f945cd3d6ea6_1212x1138.jpeg

image.png

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Disc based games are probably a larger loss to Sony than the cut Valve takes for the same games on Steam. Adding to this used game sales net them $0.
So piracy on PC is all good, a non issue, but physical media is what is hurting Sony? So much BS...

This is what I'm saying, these guys just want PlayStation, a console they clearly don't like to die or to become as irrelevant as Xbox.

Just go play your low budget PC games and forget about PlayStation.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
So piracy on PC is all good, a non issue, but physical media is what is hurting Sony? So much BS...

This is what I'm saying, these guys just want PlayStation, a console they clearly don't like to die or to become as irrelevant as Xbox.

Why even bother? Dude's intentionally playing stupid. Created a thread for the sole purpose of pushing a narrative with no real intention of discussing things.

And then won't even buy any of these games on PC.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

Reality : ~60% of Sony 1st party games are sold physically 🤣 without physical releases their games would be DOA. Yep he just wants PS to die like his precious Xbox did

Tr2p6Sv.jpeg

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Steam platinum tier means nothing when Steam is a relatively TINY market for AAA games. When will you people wake up and realize this? 🤣

Multiple millions = 2m or better. It definitely didn't sell 2m units globally let alone on Steam.

Steam is not tiny anymore in the AAA market, it's huge, it's a reason CapCom is using Steam as their main sales platform and pubs are releasing more and more games day 1 on Steam. It's not 2010 anymore, it's 2024. SEGA was willing to abandon the Judgment series if the game's actor agency didn't allow them to release the series on Steam.

Game keeps breaking records on Steam, Hogwarts Legacy, Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Persona 3 Reloaded, Granblue Fantasy, Baldur's Gate 3 etc. had huge launches and launch numbers that were bigger than their predecessorss.

And btw, it is calculated with napkin math that plantinum revenue tier is most likely 500 million $+, but none of this is confirmed, we have no clue about any numbers.

Right now for example, Dragon's Dogma 2 has been on Steams top 10 global seller list for weeks and top 2 for 1-2 weeks.

Reactions: xollowsob

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Steam is not tiny anymore in the AAA market, it's huge, it's a reason CapCom is using Steam as their main sales platform and pubs are releasing more and more games day 1 on Steam.
🤣🤣🤣 PC dudes go to cop outs:

1 - outdated out of context Capcom quote
2 - Baldur's Gate 3
3 - Cyberpunk 2077

And most recently, Palworld 😂😂😂

Capcom's latest games, RE4 and SF6, sold best on PlayStation by a long shot....
Game keeps breaking records on Steam, Hogwarts Legacy, Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Persona 3 Reloaded, Granblue Fantasy, Baldur's Gate 3 etc. had huge launches and launch numbers that were bigger than their predecessorss.
This means nothing when there is nothing to compare it to, I guarantee if Sony showed game player counts, it would DWARF Steams.... This only proves that PC is growing, not that it's big, and I've never denied that PC is growing but it has a long way to go when it comes to AAA market share.

And btw, it is calculated with napkin math that plantinum revenue tier is most likely 500 million $+, but none of this is confirmed, we have no clue about any numbers..
Lol first you said I was lying and ignorant, and when I debunk your claim with actual facts, you resort to "napkin math" and say "none of this is confirmed, we have no clue about any numbers 🤓"

😂😂😂 too funny

Right now for example, Dragon's Dogma 2 has been on Steams top 10 global seller list for weeks and top 2 for 1-2 weeks.
Steam global top sellers is a joke...just like the "Platinum tier", it sounds good and looks fancy, but really means nothing. All of the Sony games have charted and they all flopped, Steam Deck is always charting and it supposedly sold ~3m lifetime.... that's all you need to know.

image.png

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Umar

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
😂

Capcom's latest games, RE4 and SF6, sold best on PlayStation by a long shot....

And your source for this is where?

This means nothing when there is nothing to compare it to, I guarantee if Sony showed game player counts, it would DWARF Steams.... This only proves that PC is growing, not that it's big, and I've never denied that PC is growing but it has a long way to go when it comes to AAA market share.

Lol first you said I was lying and ignorant, and when I debunk your claim with actual facts, you resort to "napkin math" and say "none of this is confirmed, we have no clue about any numbers 🤓"

😂😂😂 too funny

Again, where are your data on this? You use of emojiis makes it looks like your are just trolling.
Steam global top sellers is a joke...just like the "Platinum tier", it sounds good and looks fancy, but really means nothing. All of the Sony games have charted and they all flopped, Steam Deck is always charting and it supposedly sold ~3m lifetime.... that's all you need to know.

So you have nothing, you are just writing words calling Steams global seller for "a joke" and "sounds good" and "looks fancy", but what exactly do you mean by this?

And btw, none of Sonys games other that Helldivers 2 have charter in top 3, maybe Horizon 1 for a few hours.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Steam is not tiny anymore in the AAA market, it's huge, it's a reason CapCom is using Steam as their main sales platform and pubs are releasing more and more games day 1 on Steam. It's not 2010 anymore, it's 2024. SEGA was willing to abandon the Judgment series if the game's actor agency didn't allow them to release the series on Steam.

And btw, it is calculated with napkin math that plantinum revenue tier is most likely 500 million $+, but none of this is confirmed, we have no clue about any numbers.

No, it is not. We have numbers. Steam made 9B revenue last year. Most of those revenues aren't from AAA games.
Very few AAA games brakes the mold, AAA games are not feasible on PC as it is. You talking about extremes.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
And your source for this is where?

Again, where are your data on this? You use of emojiis makes it looks like your are just trolling.

So you have nothing, you are just writing words calling Steams global seller for "a joke" and "sounds good" and "looks fancy", but what exactly do you mean by this?

And btw, none of Sonys games other that Helldivers 2 have charter in top 3, maybe Horizon 1 for a few hours.
No, it is not. We have numbers. Steam made 9B revenue last year. Most of those revenues aren't from AAA games.
Very few AAA games brakes the mold, AAA games are not feasible on PC as it is. You talking about extremes.
its hilarious how both @klomzi and @rinzler both join at the same exact time and the only posts they make are defending PC 🤣 while also defending Xbox 🤔

klomzi

8 Mar 2024

We don't havee any numbers, Valve doesn't give out numbers. Any numbers found online are not official in any way.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
We don't havee any numbers, Valve doesn't give out numbers. Any numbers found online are not official in any way.
So what you're saying is that you can't corroborate what you're saying, while we do have official data from Sony 1st party selling like shit on PC.

Again, expect this to be the new narrative. a surge in PC players that came over from xbox for the sole purpose of trying to "get revenge" over xbox failing. It'll be the next step in SonyToo PR campaign.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
So what you're saying is that you can't corroborate what you're saying, while we do have official data from Sony 1st party selling like shit on PC.

Again, expect this to be the new narrative. a surge in PC players that came over from xbox for the sole purpose of trying to "get revenge" over xbox failing. It'll be the next step in SonyToo PR campaign.

Oh I can, it's statements from publishers themselves and numbers from Steamdb about the games I mentioned launching with huge numbers.

It's not a suprise that many Sony games have sold badly on PC when they release years later with mediocre ports for 60-70$. However, they made a ton of profit on the majority of releases since the PC ports weren't expensive.

What a suprise Helldivers 2 did good. Good port and day 1.

A lot of their talking points resides with extremes. Plus ignores many numbers.
So it is almost impossible to have a fruitful discussion.

You didn't bring any numbers in your posts.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab
24 Jun 2022
Disc based games are probably a larger loss to Sony than the cut Valve takes for the same games on Steam. Adding to this used game sales net them $0.

Why don't you go do some real research before typing a post? A 10-pack of 4K Blu-Ray discs, sold for profit, is $63 USD.

Sony 10-Pack 128 GB BD-R XL

Now just do some very basic math: what is $63.47 divided by 10? ~ $6.35 each disc. Sold for profit, mind you, these are NOT the manufacturing costs for Sony. You can roll off a dollar for the packaging costs of the 10 discs, as well.

A 30% cut off a $50 port to Steam is $15. Now, which number is bigger? $6.35, or $15? The answer is $15. It is more than 2x larger than $6.35. And like I just said, real manufacturing cost of that Blu-Ray disc is cheaper than $6.35, because the $6.35 is the for-profit cost.

The fact you couldn't look this up suggests you've done little research on the other points you're trying to staunchly defend.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Why don't you go do some real research before typing a post? A 10-pack of 4K Blu-Ray discs, sold for profit, is $63 USD.

Sony 10-Pack 128 GB BD-R XL

Now just do some very basic math: what is $63.47 divided by 10? ~ $6.35 each disc. Sold for profit, mind you, these are NOT the manufacturing costs for Sony. You can roll off a dollar for the packaging costs of the 10 discs, as well.

A 30% cut off a $50 port to Steam is $15. Now, which number is bigger? $6.35, or $15? The answer is $15. It is more than 2x larger than $6.35. And like I just said, real manufacturing cost of that Blu-Ray disc is cheaper than $6.35, because the $6.35 is the for-profit cost.

The fact you couldn't look this up suggests you've done little research on the other points you're trying to staunchly defend.
they don't care. they just spew bs.
most us were or still are PC gamers, so what are you trying to bullshit?

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
These PC bros drinking from the Delulu fountain, I too have a decentish PC with a 3070 but most people don't realize that Steam users are very cheap, most don't buy games Day 1, The numbers these people boast about Capcom PC numbers are made up of 50% off discount purchases an year down the line. You can go look at any new AAA game's discussions - it is full off people complaining about 70$ price, regional price, denuvo, anticheat and n number of other things. The irony is they spend truckloads of money on hardware put spending more than 30$ on software is Anathema to them.