When are we getting a 1st Party Playstation Showcase?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
a lot of studios release their game right before Gen started or soon after. of course it will take some time. especially with misdirection. people just forgets that they made one of the biggest blunders in PS history? and somehow expects new game announcements? like, man. wtf..

The other studios I can understand but Naughty Dog no.

That blunder didn’t happen overnight. Did it take them 4 years to realise they will be unable to support a live service game?

Let alone make one.

Reactions: toadsage44 and Box

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
My brother in christ, none of those are 1st parties. They are third party console exclusives.

Im talking about Sony Studios like Naughty Dog,Sucker Punch,Asobi,bend and etc

The average person does not care about what is and isn't 1st party.

As far as a showcase though..... maybe something in June or September.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Yep but not the same as Callisto protocol.

Stellar Blade is the same.

We are getting exclusive games but no denying that Playstation studios output this gen has been piss poor.

Naughty Dog have released a grand total of 0 new games this generation. I doubt they will release any game this generation from the looks of things.

They are yet to announce a game. Go figure.
Naughty Dog released a AAA PS4 game on the eve of next gen releasing and Sucker Punch & Media Molecule released in the same timeframe as well.

The previous gen it was Sony Santa Monica releasing a 2013 PS3 game and taking 5 years to get a PS4 game out. You can't just magically make development timelines disappear because you are impatient. These 3 Devs are due for something to drop in the next 2 years. If we are still waiting then you can complain

Insomniac has been on fire with their output. Bluepoint, Guerrilla, Housemarque, Polyphony, Asobi have all dropped PS5 games already.

Only Sony Bend is overdue for a release as far as I'm concerned

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Naughty Dog released a AAA PS4 game on the eve of next gen releasing and Sucker Punch & Media Molecule released in the same timeframe as well.

The previous gen it was Sony Santa Monica releasing a 2013 PS3 game and taking 5 years to get a PS4 game out. You can't just magically make development timelines disappear because you are impatient. These 3 Devs are due for something to drop in the next 2 years. If we are still waiting then you can complain

Insomniac has been on fire with their output. Bluepoint, Guerrilla, Housemarque, Polyphony, Asobi have all dropped PS5 games already.

I understand all the studios except Naughty Dog who potentially will not release a game this generation.

It took them 4 years to realise they can’t cope with supporting a live service game let alone make one.

Shocking.

Reactions: Box

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The other studios I can understand but Naughty Dog no.

That blunder didn’t happen overnight. Did it take them 4 years to realise they will be unable to support a live service game?

Let alone make one.
That's what i said multiple times. Sony has no fire power to support those games fully. Industry isn't new one, how they never learn from each other, mystic.

• brain
Reactions: Muddasar

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

SSM also, plus San Diego punching those MLB games.
Only studio which underperformed is Bend, but even with this one we know that their management was garbage.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I understand all the studios except Naughty Dog who potentially will not release a game this generation.

It took them 4 years to realise they can’t cope with supporting a live service game let alone make one.

Shocking.
Nonsense, Factions was always a seperate team they were recruiting for and a side project to their next main game which Druckmann has been hinting since 2021
Screenshot_20240303_124114_Chrome.jpg

Also from 2021
neil-druckmann-twitter-bio.jpg

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Dude it's been 4 years, I think it's about time they show SOMETHING.

You can't just magically make development timelines disappear because you are impatient. These 3 Devs are due for something to drop in the next 2 years. If we are still waiting then you can complain

This is really their issue not mine, if they can't get a product out in a reasonable time frame than it's their problem. You can't just day "games take long just accept it".

They are a buisness, if they want my money they have to release products for me to buy.

They have been carrying the PlayStation brand this gen, if I was Sony leadership I would expand Insomniac even more

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
That makes things worse.

What have that other team been doing for 4 years?

They haven’t even announced a game.

Madness.
Dude it's been 4 years, I think it's about time they show SOMETHING.

This is really their issue not mine, if they can't get a product out in a reasonable time frame than it's their problem. You can't just day "games take long just accept it".

They are a buisness, if they want my money they have to release products for me to buy.

They have been carrying the PlayStation brand this gen, if I was Sony leadership I would expand Insomniac even more
They addressed this already

Screenshot_20240303_125632_Chrome.jpg

They will announce and release their next game within a short window like they did on the Remakes

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
It was co developed

B-N helped port it. If you are going to call any game that needed a support studio second party then first party games pretty much do not exist. Example, there were at least 12 outside studios I counted helping out on TLOU 2 on Moby Games, most in art or recording. Spiderman 2 had over twenty, including groups like Sumo Digital and Virtuos who did work on the development side.

Reactions: Box

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Any game funded and published by the hardware manufacturer IS a first party game. Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade are all first party console exclusive games. Studio wise, they're all third party but again, GAME wise, all three are first party.

As for the topic itself, my prediction since last May has been September 2024. Could be earlier but I'll play it safe and take the month Sony is more consistent with.

Anyway, back to playing Rebirth which IS a third party console exclusive due to it being funded and published by Square Enix. Sony simply paid to get the game as a full/timed console exclusive. :)

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Yep but not the same as Callisto protocol.

Stellar Blade is the same.

We are getting exclusive games but no denying that Playstation studios output this gen has been piss poor.

Naughty Dog have released a grand total of 0 new games this generation. I doubt they will release any game this generation from the looks of things.

They are yet to announce a game. Go figure.
"Piss poor"? So are you saying the 1st 3 years of ps4 or ps3 gen are better than ps5 gen? Stop the cap 🤦‍♂️

How is 9 firsts party games in 3 years considered "piss poor"?

Insomniac - Miles Morales November 2020
Bluepoint - Demon's Souls November 2020
Housemarque - Returnal April 2021
Insomniac - Rift Apart June 2021
Guerilla - Horizon Forbidden West February 2022
Polyphony - Gran Turismo 7 March 2022
Santa Monica - GoW Ragnarok November 2022
Firesprite - Horizon Call of the Mountain February 2023
Insomniac - Spider-Man 2 October 2023

• haha
Reactions: toadsage44

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
My brother in christ, none of those are 1st parties. They are third party console exclusives.

Im talking about Sony Studios like Naughty Dog,Sucker Punch,Asobi,bend and etc
With the exception of Rebirth. They’re considered 1st party. Games that are published are considered 1st party. 2nd party doesn’t really exist. Even Phil Spencer said it. But whatever, I’m tired of explaining it to you.

Last edited: