why PlayStation won't fail even without true exclusive games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yeah but that's all it is, a concept. It only exists in your head. You keep talking about it like it's a real thing.

The thing is, Valve has tried before and failed. I bet Valve doesn't even have the logistics to put enough systems on shelf, let alone outproduce Sony.

Valve can't even bother to make Half Live 3. What makes you guys think they'll just produce a console in enough quantities to compete with Playstation?
You keep bringing up the most stupid example ever. Steam Machiness happened many years ago before Proton became what it is and Linux gaming actually became viable. You seem to assume that Valve hasn't learned anything. Turns Valve is able to do fine with a native portable console while Sony is too scared to even try.

I doubt there is much PlayStation can even do at this point and it seems they just have accepted their fate and will exploit the current user base as it shrinks over time.

The best think MS could do to be competitive is to kill Xbox and focus on Windows instead, Xbox died so they were naturally nudged in a more successful direction and are likely to be a lot more competitive going forward. Sony is obviously going to get sued as well by the likes of Epic and MS just like Apple was and publishers will all side against Sony.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
You keep bringing up the most stupid example ever. Steam Machiness happened many years ago before Proton became what it is and Linux gaming actually became viable. You seem to assume that Valve hasn't learned anything. Turns Valve is able to do fine with a native portable console while Sony is too scared to even try.

I doubt there is much PlayStation can even do at this point and it seems they just have accepted their fate and will exploit the current user base as it shrinks over time.

The best think MS could do to be competitive is to kill Xbox and focus on Windows instead, Xbox died so they were naturally nudged in a more successful direction.

And you keep talking about a "what if" console that sounds nice in theory but doesn't actually exist.

As far as Xbox goes, they're cooked. They have no mass market appeal.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
And you keep talking about a "what if" console that sounds nice in theory but doesn't actually exist.

As far as Xbox goes, they're cooked. They have no mass market appeal.
My "what if" is just as much speculation as you saying PlayStation will do just fine.

It just seem like you have a really hard time putting things together even when they are pretty obvious. You think Valve spent 10+ years working on Linux gaming just for the Steam Deck? They didn't even bother with making the Steam Deck available in many markets, they were not trying to scale it as much as possible, it's just one step on their long term plan of expanding Steam's reach.

Just like Sony wants to expand to the PC market Valve is setting things up to steal market share from PlayStation/consoles and thing couldn't be going any better for them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
My "what if" is just as much speculation as you saying PlayStation will do just fine.

It just seem like you have a really hard time putting things together even when they are pretty obvious. You think Valve spent 10+ years working on Linux gaming just for the Steam Deck? They didn't even bother with making the Steam Deck available in many markets, they were not trying to scale it as much as possible.

"Playstation will do just fine" is much more plausible than "Valve will make a console and put Sony out of business"

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
The OP was trying to be positive... But again all derails into Doom amd Gloom once again. It's getting exhausting how the same guys are whinning over and over again. Don't you get ever tired of reapting the same hysterical paroles? Jeez Icon Era has become a real worse place.
This forum should be renamed in PS-GloomEra.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The OP was trying to be positive... But again all derails into Doom amd Gloom once again. It's getting exhausting how the same guys are whinning over and over again. Don't you get ever tired of reapting the same hysterical paroles? Jeez Icon Era has become a real worse place.
Why are you whining? Is this a fan club? You can't force others to bootlick, you have no power here. You guys are just like the Xbox fans that ensured it's destruction by pretending to agree with everything they were doing.

• they're_right_you_know

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Ditto.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I bet you'd like that. But yeah, keep dreaming about your Steam console.
Why would I want PlayStation to keep it's identity and keep investing in their own platform if I just wanted a Steam console to kill consoles? It's precisely what I don't want to see, Steam taking over everything like it will most likely and deservedly do.

Unique and strong console are a lot more interesting than a PlayStation that is just as lame as an Xbox with slightly better branding.

• they're_right_you_know

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Why would I want PlayStation to keep it's identity and keep investing in their own platform if I just wanted a Steam console to kill consoles? It's precisely what I don't want to see, Steam taking over everything like it will most likely and deservedly do.

Unique and strong console are a lot more interesting than a PlayStation that is just as lame as an Xbox with slightly better branding.
You are very much overestimating Steam. Seems the loud PC losers have influenced you. Steam box can't even do Xbox numbers.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You are very much overestimating Steam. Seems the loud PC losers have influenced you. Steam box can't even do Xbox numbers.
We'll see, you think PlayStation can port all their games to PC and keep increasing market share? If not, do you think Sony and shareholders will be ok investing on PlayStation as the market start shriking? :ROFLMAO:

How naive, next you are going to tell me you want all PlayStation games on PC day one and that is a great thing for PlayStation.

• haha

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Steamdeck can’t even do Vita numbers.

Vita - 14 million
Steamdeck - 3 million

Yet they think a Steam console will destroy PlayStation.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You can put steam on a toaster. PS5 has a much higher cost of entry. Use common sense.
Half the PlayStation users are on PS4, stop making up excuses.

Keep cheering PC ports, let's see where that will get PlayStation to. :ROFLMAO:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Ps4 cost of entry is higher than downloading steam client. my fiance has steam installed, and she give 0 fucks about gaming.
Wow, what a great point against Steam, everyone it used to it even non gamers...

Enjoy paying for cloud saves and online multiplayer while PC players get that for free, including on Sony own games. Sony really appreciate you. :ROFLMAO:

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
We'll see, you think PlayStation can port all their games to PC and keep increasing market share? If not, do you think Sony and shareholders will be ok investing on PlayStation as the market start shriking? :ROFLMAO:

How naive, next you are going to tell me you want all PlayStation games on PC day one and that is a great thing for PlayStation.

I've said this a million times but not everyone wants do deal with PC gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.