Will Concord be a surprise hit or fade away as a flop (Poll)

Will Concord be a surprise hit or fade away as a flop

• Hit

• Flop

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You know you can't take people here seriously when they will go down to the level of defending Concord art style. Sony can do no wrong to some folks, if it flops we can all be sure Sony will be portrayed as the victim somehow.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Making personal insults (again) just cuz someone doesn’t mindlessly consume the slop that you do? 🤣 yeah I’m the virgin here

Last edited by a moderator:
  • fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Lol what? Not even close, those games actually have some decent character designs. Concord's characters look like they were made by HR employees that hate video games.
They don't

Apex Legends is the same thing. No white males. Diversity Checklist minus 1

These are the character Apex Legends launched with

legend-characters-apex-legends-roster.jpg

Also bloodhound is non binary and Gibraltar is gay

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
They don't

Apex Legends is the same thing. No white males. Diversity Checklist minus 1

These are the character Apex Legends launched with

View attachment 5325

Also bloodhound is non binary and Gibraltar is gay
I take back my words if a game having these atrocities can get popular then even concord can succeed, man I hope china takes over the world at least they have better sense of aesthetics

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Making personal insults (again) just cuz someone doesn’t mindlessly consume the slop that you do? 🤣 yeah I’m the virgin here
When did I call anyone that? Also you’re very wrong if you think this is the type of game I’m scoping out 🤣 I’m giving it a try, not worried about it’s standing for success. Feel free to dance in its grave if it flops, more power to you.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You know you can't take people here seriously when they will go down to the level of defending Concord art style. Sony can do no wrong to some folks, if it flops we can all be sure Sony will be portrayed as the victim somehow.
Im not defending its art style. You also cant take people seriously when they say Overwatch, Fornite or Apex has a much better art style…. Like check your eyesights people.

Its clear people have a hard on to hate this because its a MP game. Trying to justify it because it looks ugly and then saying Overtwatch, Fortnite and Apex are good is just blind hating. If MP games arent for you, dont buy it, dont play. Its not for me either. But Sony needs to have different genres out there.

People also lose brain points for hating on a game so much before they have even played it. Judging purely on looks lol. How often has Sony not delivered on Gameplay? Most the time, so Ill give them a chance. Its a basic MP game, you cant really say how good or bad it is. Maybe if your an xbot you can, as they always seem to have a negative story when a PS game is coming…..

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
None of this refutes my point, they still look way better than anything in Concord.

Whats your point though? That concord looks ugly and has HR designed looking characters? That it will fail.

You prefer the art style and character designs for some random reason of Apex, Overwatch and Fortnite, but thats your choice and opinion, theres nothing that screams it looks “better”. Technically, graphically they are not any better lol.

Overwatch and Apex has made by HR written all over it. Every character is some non binary identifying as a robot crap

No1 is saying Concord will succeed or be a hit for sure, but the reasons your giving it to fail, didnt stop the other games from succeeding. They all look lame, generic and made by HR.
And they all made more money than 90% of single player games, its stupid for Sony not to try and get the same money. They might fail and some of you will celebrate with the xbots and say look Sony should focus on SP games, but they are still gonna need to make MP games.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Whats your point though? That concord looks ugly and has HR designed looking characters? That it will fail.

You prefer the art style and character designs for some random reason of Apex, Overwatch and Fortnite, but thats your choice and opinion, theres nothing that screams it looks “better”. Technically, graphically they are not any better lol.

Overwatch and Apex has made by HR written all over it. Every character is some non binary identifying as a robot crap

No1 is saying Concord will succeed or be a hit for sure, but the reasons your giving it to fail, didnt stop the other games from succeeding. They all look lame, generic and made by HR.
And they all made more money than 90% of single player games, its stupid for Sony not to try and get the same money. They might fail and some of you will celebrate with the xbots and say look Sony should focus on SP games, but they are still gonna need to make MP games.
bro you made 4 separate responses over the course of 3 hours 😂 I said what I needed to say and said there's no point arguing over something subjective like this any further.

All you need to know is this game will come out soon and it'll flop and I'll be celebrating 😎

Season 2 Dancing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Happy Cracking Up GIF by MOODMAN

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
No one wants to be the kid who's mum says "we have McDonald's at home" and then gets wonderbread. Cod players wanted Cod, not copycats and see other IP chase that formula. Action RE should have been a new IP like DMC and Haunting Grounds evolved RE4 prototypes - Maybe a Dino Crisis reboot, and leave RE alone dammit.

Modern-slanted Fortnite players want Fortnite. So everything else doesn't need to look like off brand, bargain bin Fortnite, usually with a rainbow paintjob to boot.

Concord... Just had no soul, brother. Discount Overwatch/GOTG, anyone?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The character design look good... not exceptional or outstanding but that is fine.
Gameplay is what make these games be successful or not.

If they had a good Beta they will be good no matter what some Icon-era haters will tell you.
But if the Beta is bad then well... the chances are it will fail.

BTW the characters looks like these found in Marvel movies... in fact more like modern style Marvel animations on Netflix... so it is really fine.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
The character design look good... not exceptional or outstanding but that is fine.
Gameplay is what make these games be successful or not.

If they had a good Beta they will be good no matter what some Icon-era haters will tell you.
But if the Beta is bad then well... the chances are it will fail.

BTW the characters looks like these found in Marvel movies... so it is really fine.
100%

Loads of ppl in the forum hate gaas no matter how it’s sliced, they are insecure because gaas games are more popular than single player games, with a higher growth opportunity. This game lives or dies based on its gameplay experience , not diversity lmfao. We’ll see soon.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This game lives or dies based on its gameplay experience , not diversity lmfao. We’ll see soon.
☝️

At launch that is it.
After regular content release is the key.

So even if a live service has spectacular gameplay making it a huge success at launch after 4-6 months if it stagnated in content then it will die.
Post release support for live services is essential to survive.

When I say post release content means everything... gameplay balance, new modes, new characters, new maps, new skills, new weapons, etc etc etc.
The game needs to be well live in both game content (regularly changing) and players.