Xbox and Bethesda Developer_Direct [OT]: Redfall, Minecraft Legends, Forza, Elder Scrolls Online Updates

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
vbl70rqllnm31.jpg

Series is the gentle giant. Loving and caring for everyone.
I see a lot of Percy in you.

@Gediminas is Bo jingles

D

Deleted member 417

It is still the best selling Xbox console in the same time frame, so it's not a Sega Saturn situation at all. Besides, 2022 was sustained solely by game pass and smaller scale projects, no big AAA games means less revenue etc.

Hi-Fi is already topping Steam best sellers in revenue and 2 big first party AAA games releasing between now and May. The revenue will flow.

field-of-dreams-baseball.gif
True. But didn't microsoft just buy the game and not build it?

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
True. But didn't microsoft just buy the game and not build it?

They bought Bethesda in 2020, it's 2023. I don't think Bethesda were just sitting on a complete game for 3 years, no ?

Pitching an idea =/= active development. Tango was working on Ghostwire at the time of acquisition.

Pamello)

17 Aug 2022
It is still the best selling Xbox console in the same time frame, so it's not a Sega Saturn situation at all. Besides, 2022 was sustained solely by game pass and smaller scale projects, no big AAA games means less revenue etc.

Hi-Fi is already topping Steam best sellers in revenue and 2 big first party AAA games releasing between now and May. The revenue will flow.

field-of-dreams-baseball.gif
I don't want to upset you, but these numbers are clearly not going to bring in much revenue for Microsoft.

Max peak: 4000 total

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
They bought Bethesda in 2020, it's 2023. I don't think Bethesda were just sitting on a complete game for 3 years, no ?

Pitching an idea =/= active development. Tango was working on Ghostwire at the time of acquisition.
It was working on Ghostwire and HiFi at the time of acquisition

• they're_right_you_know

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I don't want to upset you, but these numbers are clearly not going to bring in much revenue for Microsoft.

Max peak: 4000 total

Steam is one of 3 platforms the game is selling on, besides I didn't say Hi-Fi will break revenue records, it's a small game. But it's the first of many first party games coming this year. Mo' games, mo' money.

It was working on Ghostwire and HiFi at the time of acquisition

And it was continuing to develop it until 2 days ago. 3 years into the acquisition. You see where I'm going with this right ?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Steam is one of 3 platforms the game is selling on, besides I didn't say Hi-Fi will break revenue records, it's a small game. But it's the first of many first party games coming this year. Mo' games, mo' money.

And it was continuing to develop it until 2 days ago. 3 years into the acquisition. You see where I'm going with this right ?
Covid hit studios hard. even sony with budget and team sizes was massively impacted. Horizon, GT, GoW, all release over a year and more when they supposed to release those games.

so pretend like Tango while developed both games 3+ years wasn't impacted massively if just fallacy.

yeah, i see where you are going with this 👇

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Covid hit studios hard. even sony with budget and team sizes was massively impacted. Horizon, GT, GoW, all release over a year and more when they supposed to release those games.

so pretend like Tango while developed both games 3+ years wasn't impacted massively if just fallacy.

yeah, i see where you are going with this 👇

Ok. I don't see where you're going with this lol. I don't see the point of this argument at all.

Bethesda/Zenimax has been an MS first party for 3 years now. Any game that wasn't contractually announced for other platforms beforehand was not going to come to other platforms anyway. Arguing that anywhere between 5 to 95 % of Hi-Fi's development may have been done by 2020 and they were just sitting on it for 3 years is a useless point now.

It doesn't change anything.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The sale was announced in September 2020, closed in March 2021.

Yes, it's almost 3 years since MS bought Bethesda. 2 and a half for you. 💚
You think that MS ran Bethesda from September 2020?
GIF by MOODMAN

If that's the case are they running Activision now?

• haha

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
You think that MS ran Bethesda from September 2020?
GIF by MOODMAN

If that's the case are they running Activision now?

But you're also suggesting they had been sitting on a near complete build of Hi-Fi since 2020 and didn't do much development in the next 2 years after the acquisition.

Seems like we're both making some absurd claims here 🤔

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
But you're also suggesting they had been sitting on a near complete build of Hi-Fi since 2020 and didn't do much development in the next 2 years after the acquisition.

Seems like we're both making some absurd claims here 🤔
Where did I claim that it was complete in 2020? I said it was in development at the time of purchase. 🤔

• they're_right_you_know

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Where did I claim that it was complete in 2020? I said it was in development at the time of purchase. 🤔

Do you know how far along it was in development ? Tango is a one game studio, so I find it hard to believe they were doing much active development other than concept art etc when most of their staff was busy working on Ghostwire. Which was announced in 2019 and shipped in 2022 itself.

But anyway, why are we even talking about that. It's a game from a studio that has been a first party for a long while now. Nothing coming out of it should have been expected to be multi-platform, unless it was something explicitly announced ala Ghostwire.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Do you know how far along it was in development ? Tango is a one game studio, so I find it hard to believe they were doing much active development other than concept art etc when most of their staff was busy working on Ghostwire. Which was announced in 2019 and shipped in 2022 itself.

But anyway, why are we even talking about that. It's a game from a studio that has been a first party for a long while now. Nothing coming out of it should have been expected to be multi-platform, unless it was something explicitly announced ala Ghostwire.
I said it was in development, I never said how far along it was. Considering pre-production is part of development and considering the director said he pitched it in 2017 I'm guessing it started between 2017 and February 2021. The director of HiFi Rush directed TEW2 not Ghostwire so he led another team while Ghostwire was made. Mikami admitted he had tried a playable build of Hifi in March 2022.

We are discussing it because you made up some nonsense comment the game was completed in 2020 and attributed it to me. It makes no sense when the company was not under Xbox at the time so why would they? When challenged on it, you declined to provide anything and asked why are we discussing it.

Any more bullshit you want to make up or are you finished for the night?

• they're_right_you_know

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
The sale was announced in September 2020, closed in March 2021.

Yes, it's almost 3 years since MS bought Bethesda. 2 and a half for you. 💚
Dude.

March 2021 (Deal Closed) to March 2023 would only be 2 years. It's not even 2 years... since they've been bought. No offense, but you are incorrect on this one sorry.

A sale being announced in September 2020 does not mean the company has been bought. You can start saying its been bought only the day it has happened. Its disingenuous to say it has been 3 years since MS bought Bethesda, cause that's just not true my guy.

Bethesda has been officially owned by MS since March 9th 2021 - ( Source - https://tinyurl.com/edzfm2yn ) which means on March 9th, 2023 it will be officially 2 years since the ownership.