Xbox and Bethesda Developer_Direct [OT]: Redfall, Minecraft Legends, Forza, Elder Scrolls Online Updates

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Talking about their big, buggy games is such a throwback. But its been so long since Skyrim, maybe they've fixed their standards...

Generally their games always end up being worse on the non-target platform. Skyrim PS3 was horseshit.

Fallout 4 was an odd mix and in some places it outperformed PS4 on the much weaker XBO.

Hoping with Starfield, as they have less platforms to devote time/resources on, the end result is better at launch.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Developer Direct is over 1.2m views on the official Xbox youtube channel. They found their format/layout. Give me a few of these a year and im happy.
The purchase of the studio for TV type production was a good call. Professionalism really shining true.

P

peter42O

The purchase of the studio for TV type production was a good call. Professionalism really shining true.

Agreed. And I love the format. Show me more deep dives of games for the current year. Save the bigger reveals for E3, XO and TGA.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Developer Direct is over 1.2m views on the official Xbox youtube channel. They found their format/layout. Give me a few of these a year and im happy.

In total its probably a lot more cause they had 3, 4 different streams. One for ASL, one for audio descriptions etc, and then factor in Twitch, live on Xbox and other avenues.

Looks like a lot of people tuned in. This is a good format they've stumbled onto.

P

peter42O

In total its probably a lot more cause they had 3, 4 different streams. One for ASL, one for audio descriptions etc, and then factor in Twitch, live on Xbox and other avenues.

Looks like a lot of people tuned in. This is a good format they've stumbled onto.

Definitely. And a lot of YouTubers were live streaming it as well. Great format/layout. Hope they stay with it, focusing on the respective year's upcoming titles.

Reactions: Lord Mittens

Poorsoul

Banned
27 Jan 2023
If anything hifi proves that we can got back to real gaming, japanese, irreverent a bit crazy, thats the power of things like gamepass, Microsoft opted to do this kind of games instead of doing games who Want to be movies

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Stumbled onto?

They copied what Nintendo and Sony have been doing for years, you disingenuous shill.

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
If anything hifi proves that we can got back to real gaming, japanese, irreverent a bit crazy, thats the power of things like gamepass, Microsoft opted to do this kind of games instead of doing games who Want to be movies

Amen.

At least 6 or more games that got Game of the Year awards in 2022 launched on game pass day 1.

The service is fantastic for exposure to games people would not get to know about otherwise.

Getting excellent surprise bangers like Hi-Fi Rush is just the icing.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
it was green lit before any acquisition.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Amen.

At least 6 or more games that got Game of the Year awards in 2022 launched on game pass day 1.

The service is fantastic for exposure to games people would not get to know about otherwise.

Getting excellent surprise bangers like Hi-Fi Rush is just the icing.
That's great and all but I can't remember any of them besides Dusk falls for some art award and I if i recall the games it was placed against were like pretty obscure ones that hardly anyone had heard off.

Did they actually win any important awards outside of the fluff pieces they normally give away?

All I remember is Elden Ring, God of war stray and GT winning all the big stuff,

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
That's great and all but I can't remember any of them besides Dusk falls for some art award and I if i recall the games it was placed against were like pretty obscure ones that hardly anyone had heard off.

Did they actually win any important awards outside of the fluff pieces they normally give away?

All I remember is Elden Ring, God of war stray and GT winning all the big stuff,

Copying the results from Era as they have an exhaustive topic with every game that won GoTY awards in 2022.

These are all games which launched in game pass day 1 and have won one or more GoTY awards from outlets.

Immortality
Pentiment
A Plague Tale Requiem
Vampire Survivors
Citizen Sleeper
Norco
PowerWash Simulator
Sniper Elite 5
Tunic

--

Stray has been nominated a bunch but it has only won 1 GoTY award so far, it's nowhere near Elden Ring, GoW etc.

Same for As Dusk falls, it has won various accessibility related awards, but no GoTY awards from any outlet.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Copying the results from Era as they have an exhaustive topic with every game that won GoTY awards in 2022.

These are all games which launched in game pass day 1 and have won one or more GoTY awards from outlets.

Immortality
Pentiment
A Plague Tale Requiem
Vampire Survivors
Citizen Sleeper
Norco
PowerWash Simulator
Sniper Elite 5
Tunic

--

Stray has been nominated a bunch but it has only won 1 GoTY award so far, it's nowhere near Elden Ring, GoW etc.

Same for As Dusk falls, it has won various accessibility related awards, but no GoTY awards from any outlet.
I thought we were strictly talking about The game of the year awards, the big show at the end of the year.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I thought we were strictly talking about The game of the year awards,

All the games I put in the list *did* win Game of the Year awards.

Unless you think only some outlets like TGA count as game of the year ?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
All the games I put in the list *did* win Game of the Year awards.

Unless you think only some outlets like TGA count as game of the year ?
so basically not the Actual Game awards, got ya.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
so basically not the Actual Game awards, got ya.

I don't know what that means lol, it's the same outlets which were counted towards The Last of Us Part 2's 300~ GoTY awards and Witcher 3's similar 300 GoTY awards before that.

Almost every gaming website has its own Game of the Year award. Keighley's TGA are big and all but they're not the only place which gives GoTY awards.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023

Immortality
Pentiment
A Plague Tale Requiem
Vampire Survivors
Citizen Sleeper
Norco
PowerWash Simulator
Sniper Elite 5
Tunic

--

I am so sorry dude but those games that you've listed are nowhere near GOTY. Don't get me wrong, they're decent games, but that's it.

You've listed a bunch of smaller titles that are mostly indie and don't really play with the big boys. A bunch of outlets saying anything means jackshit. The outlets and out there to make money and get people talking. I say this because I also own and outlet and sometimes we tend to write "unpopular opinions" to drive social media engagements which in return gets the bank.

We don't do it very often, but if we have an opportunity to get good htis, then we will. It's just business.

God of War Ragnarok and Elden Ring are really the only ones that deserved any kind of true GOTY recognition and they rightfully earned it so. Full completed AAA packages.

Our site listed out our GOTYs and for me it was Elden Ring and for another person it was GoW Ragnarok. We did a staff write up and put it in 1 article. It was fun.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw