Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Goddamn, if games previously featured on one of those Xbox showcase videos end up pulling out from Xbox en masse that is terrible look.

Are we smoking that Spencer pack rn?

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
"We're going to see a lot of devs and pubs in the future skip the Xbox SKU for a host of reasons. I'm sure these devs were banking on signing a GP deal that just never materialized - word on the street is 3rd party GP budget is now a husk of its former $1b per year self."

The 3rd party billions were only ever a band-aid to mask the deficiencies of 1st party in supporting Game Pass. No surprise to see it now being pared back as they amass more 1st party studios and content to feed it; that coupled with the service's lack of growth/growth opportunities putting serious pressure on what remains. This was always the plan for Game Pass, and short-sighted/greedy/struggling 3rd parties grabbed what they could for a little "security" as they helped strip away the very notion of perceived value in software for a whole platform.

This might be Series S being a painfully low tier target requiring too large an allocation of resources to combat its deficiencies, it could have been a Game Pass deal that never materialised as Sneakers suggested, and there could also be any number of sound business reasons why launching on xbox doesn't make financial sense for this one game at this time despite being showcased with xbox in the past, which is understandable when the platform holder doesn't even value its own hardware platform they way they once did.

If the boss of the studio says producing an xbox version day and date would result in all versions ending up mid and that a best possible ps5 and pc version with no initial xbox version at launch is the best business decision, then we have to take him at his word. So in this instance it seems more likely some aspect/feature of the game is struggling on S. Now whether some other backroom business dealing (or lack of it, lol) might have made that decisions easier to make, we can only guess.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
R* should just let MS decide, either they can release just for the Series X or they can skip Xbox all together.
For sure. But I doubt R* challenge MS or maybe not need to.
But if its a constraint they should just drop, project trojan lol. Such dweebs

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

That Nero prick is one of the worst fanboys, blocks everyone for any reason and is constantly begging people to buy him games. If something isn't on GamePass, he aint playing it unless someone gifts it to him.

GIA1IkRXIAAHbnZ.png

Reactions: Fenton
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That Nero prick is one of the worst fanboys, blocks everyone for any reason and is constantly begging people to buy him games. If something isn't on GamePass, he aint playing it unless someone gifts it to him.

GIA1IkRXIAAHbnZ.png
Smh.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
And to think just a few months ago, this guy used to be one of the biggest Xbox fanatics 😂😂

• haha
Reactions: Umar

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
He knows the ship is sinking, he's just an opportunist.
I dont think he's an opportunist since he doesn't really make money from any of this stuff. I just think he feels backstabbed and betrayed and he really believed that his voice mattered to Xbox when it never did. These other guys still rooting for Xbox are no different, like Jez, Rand, Colt, they all think they're part of some family and that after 10 years of sticking with trash, their "loyalty" will be rewarded soon.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I dont think he's an opportunist since he doesn't really make money from any of this stuff. I just think he feels backstabbed and betrayed and he really believed that his voice mattered to Xbox when it never did. These other guys still rooting for Xbox are no different, like Jez, Rand, Colt, they all think they're part of some family and that after 10 years of sticking with trash, their "loyalty" will be rewarded soon.
Nah these dudes get shit. Trust me we don't know half of what happens behind close doors.