Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
There you go. Speaking truth
problem with plusses-

Xbox one X was huge failure. they even disowned it as first xbox series s got light on it. it did nothing for xbox.

xbox series is most buggy console with nothing which advances anything.

BC is not really a BC on Series consoles and it was not under him which it made. it predates him.

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024

#Sony&NintendoToo

Kinda shocked Matt NPD Dude is doing the #SonyToo stuff. He's smart enough to know how dumb that is.

A not so secret secret is that the PS5 Pro is going to represent if priced appropriately, a massive offramp for Xbox users.

There's actually not a ton of big games that Xbox can port over to PS5 before you reach critical mass.

You're basically looking at

• Halo MCC
  • Halo Infinite
  • Starfield

• Forza Horizon
I think Forza Horizon is going to be on the sooner list of games as it just makes the most sense and it might be in a separate tier along with games like gears trilogy just above games like Flight simulator, but if any of the first three are announced its instant meltdown.

There is a huge question as to whether Microsoft games will support the PS5 Pro because if they do, presumably they'll outperform the XSX and that's a major problem for Microsoft.

It makes A LOT of sense to port Forza Motorsport onto PS5 since it failed on XBS, but if the definitive version of this game is on the PS5, it's a symbolic problem despite the games lack of performance, but that studio needs all the revenue they can generate.

I never thought of it this way. But you are 100% right! This means MS can't make any PS5 Pro enhancements and their games will "suffer" on the PS5 due to them not wanting to give the best version to PlayStation. How long will they get away with that though? Especially if their next console isn't coming out until Fall of 2026..

Reactions: Puff

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Kinda shocked Matt NPD Dude is doing the #SonyToo stuff. He's smart enough to know how dumb that is.

I never thought of it this way. But you are 100% right! This means MS can't make any PS5 Pro enhancements and their games will "suffer" on the PS5 due to them not wanting to give the best version to PlayStation. How long will they get away with that though? Especially if their next console isn't coming out until Fall of 2026..

They can't take a year plus of everyone focused just on Sony and if they announce new hardware in 2025 to get some more mindshare, it'll tank XBS sales even further and the PS5 Pro will still be the only system worth playing games on.

Matt is doing the same thing Chris does. They're trying to keep the console war going because it is better for business.

Console being all Sony and PC being all Steam doesn't help them with what they need. That's one less data point that people would normally need from them.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They can't take a year plus of everyone focused just on Sony and if they announce new hardware in 2025 to get some more mindshare, it'll tank XBS sales even further and the PS5 Pro will still be the only system worth playing games on.

Matt is doing the same thing Chris does. They're trying to keep the console war going because it is better for business.

Console being all Sony and PC being all Steam doesn't help them with what they need. That's one less data point that people would normally need from them.
They definitely trying to keep tht war going and in the end it's better financially for the industry but Xbox just doesn't have anything compelling to differentiate. So it does nothing.

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024
They definitely trying to keep tht war going and in the end it's better financially for the industry but Xbox just doesn't have anything compelling to differentiate. So it does nothing.

And every new thing MS does and says, just makes it worse and worse. They have tried their best to be the worst console player in the space since the introduction of the Xbox One.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
And every new thing MS does and says, just makes it worse and worse. They have tried their best to be the worst console player in the space since the introduction of the Xbox One.
Yeah as a company Thyve introduced garbage avd luckily their gp model isn't working.

Reactions: mibu no ookami

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
He's not. I read elsewhere that NPD is where the bottom of the barrel 'analysts' go. He's consistently posting bad take after bad take, strips context from data, uses confusing wording for his posts etc. Remember when he tried to push the narrative that PC (in the US FFS) had way more users than PS did for Helldivers based on the percentage of the active userbase that were playing the game in their non-representative panel? Remember how he started posting engagement charts, which means literally nothing? Less than that, even.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024

I actually don't think it's better for the industry. Publishers and developers focusing on one console at this point will probably result in better games than focusing on 3, where two have a pretty small userbase (where consumers are preconditioning not to buy games).

Competition is obviously always good, but I don't think Microsoft has done anything in the last 4+ years to really push Sony in any way. Maybe it's somewhat kept the price of PS+ down, but I think PC gaming will ultimately do that more than Xbox does.

The next competition is going to be in the handheld space, but console is going to belong to Sony just as much as the handheld space currently belongs to Nintendo, just as much as the PC space belongs to Steam, and just as much as the console space belonged to Sony in the PS2 days if not more so.

We don't often hear many complaining about the lack of competition for Steam and the Switch.

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024
I actually don't think it's better for the industry. Publishers and developers focusing on one console at this point will probably result in better games than focusing on 3, where two have a pretty small userbase (where consumers are preconditioning not to buy games).

Competition is obviously always good, but I don't think Microsoft has done anything in the last 4+ years to really push Sony in any way. Maybe it's somewhat kept the price of PS+ down, but I think PC gaming will ultimately do that more than Xbox does.

The next competition is going to be in the handheld space, but console is going to belong to Sony just as much as the handheld space currently belongs to Nintendo, just as much as the PC space belongs to Steam, and just as much as the console space belonged to Sony in the PS2 days if not more so.

We don't often hear many complaining about the lack of competition for Steam and the Switch.

No way to the bolded. None of us wants that. Or.......who are the three that you're thinking about?

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
JN3qkMb.jpg

JN3qNte.jpg

giphy.gif

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
When are these turkeys going to stop voting for Xmas.

Stop cheering for Microsoft, they are not your friends nor your family.

They do not care about you in the slightest, they are nothing but a greedy company that wants to assimilate everything in their path.

Lies after Lies after lies and people still root for them.

Tribalism is so crazy. All I gathered from his post, beside the extreme fanboyism of course, is that he'd want all console producers to pander to his own gaming taste and sensibilities.
This is the same type of dude that wants movies and other entertainment mediums to only be about things they like or else they're going to start a youtube channel with clickbait thumbnails to talk about their how much their opinion is true and the one that matters.

Reactions: Puff and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
They were all circle jerking about the giant vampire woman in Resident Evil 8. Anything weird and twisted is celebrated, anything traditional is disparaged.
WTF are you talking about, this was hot as hell.

wugr1esj6ed61.jpg

Just because you don't like being manhandled by giant woman, some of us like that kind of stuff i will have you know.

Tell him @JAHGamer, put this beauty hater in his place.