Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Buying apple products is just asking for getting price cucked. The macbooks are the only product they have that are worth the price they charge everything else is a scam. But between microsoft and apple , apple is the better one because atleast they give a shit about the product they make. Microsoft just makes bland milquetoast products and software solutions that depend on driving other competitors out of the market. Honestly you americans did not got after microsoft hard enough in the 90's, you should have standard oil that shit. Normal everyday consumers have no power over microsoft because most of their revenue comes from enterprise solutions, In case of apple its not the case as they have to sell product.

Google is altogether another shitshow that became what it is today because of others being incompetent. Google, Meta, Microsoft, Amazon are the 4 horsemen of apocalypse, add in blackrock and vanguard and yeah you start feeling like the meteor destroyed the wrong species

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
So you're saying they've been making playstation on the cheap G taking a loss at the same time
Yes? Are you joking? Foxconn has been making PlayStation for ages. How long have you been around there were even rumors of disgruntled workers sabotaging PS4 on release. Sony has also moved on from taking long term losses on consoles on the PS4 generation, they now made to become profitable shortly after release.

Apple is not any different from pretty much any company that moved manufacturing to China.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yes? Are you joking? Foxconn has been making PlayStation for ages. How long have you been around there were even rumors of disgruntled workers sabotaging PS4 on release. Sony has also moved on from taking long term losses on consoles on the PS4 generation, they now made to become profitable shortly after release.

Apple is not any different from pretty much any company that moved manufacturing to China.
Never heard of foxconn

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why aren't we informed About this stuff it's so depressing
we are, you just don't read the news lol. foxconn makes parts for pretty much every iphone, there were plenty of stories about workers jumping out of the windows to commit suicide because of how shitty it was there and it happened so much they had to put up nets around the buildings to stop people from doing it

Reactions: Nhomnhom
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
we are, you just don't read the news lol. foxconn makes parts for pretty much every iphone, there were plenty of stories about workers jumping out of the windows to commit suicide because of how shitty it was there and it happened so much they had to put up nets around the buildings to stop people from doing it
That was them ? What's that got to do with Sony though they're making stuff for apple

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
This is why I don't sympathize with western devs when they have to crunch, they always have alternatives from switching jobs to switching careers. In china once you are on the shitlist of a corporation then you are done, you either work yourself to a grave or land up in a re-education camp somewhere by your friendly neighborhood CCP comrade

• sad
Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
This is why I don't sympathize with western devs when they have to crunch, they always have alternatives from switching jobs to switching careers. In china once you are on the shitlist of a corporation then you are done, you either work yourself to a grave or land up in a re-education camp somewhere by your friendly neighborhood CCP comrade
I didn't know it was that bad , we should all raise money to help some of them I'm down for a sponsored run or something

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I mean... so you don't sympathize with devs because other people are jumping out of windows committing suicide because of how bad it is?

IDK about you but I'd rather everyone have decent working conditions

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I didn't know it was that bad , we should all raise money to help some of them I'm down for a sponsored run or something
That is pretty much how China became as big as they are. Companies started realizing they could move the bulk of their manufacturing to China for some slight savings, avoid having to follow more strict regulations, deal with better organized workers, etc. All over the course of multiple decades with the blessing of pretty much everyone and it snowballed over time to the point a lot of products couldn't even realistically be made outside of China for some time now.

It also set up China to be a major player in global politics all over the world, worst deal ever for most countries.

Apple was just one of many companies that resorted to this. In their case it just is slightly more offensive because their products had ridiculous big margins.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I mean... so you don't sympathize with devs because other people are jumping out of windows committing suicide because of how bad it is?

IDK about you but I'd rather everyone have decent working conditions
come on bro , I am saying working 10-15 hrs extra a week in the final phase of development is not worth crying about when shit can be much more egregious like china, maybe its my personality but when I commit to a deadline I can't relax if I don't complete it. They don't want to crunch, they want increased salaries, want 5-6 year development periods but they release broken games riddled with bugs most of the time.

Reactions: peter42O