Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
At this point (and i love history and ww2) xbox fanboys reminds me of three kind of ww2 veterans

The nazis Who resisted until the Last moment, waiting for the wunderwaffen to do a miracle

The lost japanese soldiers on remote islands thinking they are fighting a war when they lost that war long time ago

The french pro fascist People Who act like they were resistent fighters

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The fascination with Graphics amazes me sometimes.

Let's just see what the new Astro bot games look like; I can 100% guarantee it is going to shit all over something like Hellblade in terms of what makes a game fun to play.

We are losing our way and focusing on what I think is the least important part of our hobbie.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

Let's just see what the new Astro bot games look like; I can 100% guarantee it is going to shit all over something like Hellblade in terms of what makes a game fun to play.

We are losing our way and focusing on what I think is the least important part of our hobbie.

I think Nintendo has a good grasp on this balance. Not that their games don't look good, they do, but the focus on game play is always there. Story is important too. Given their success, you'd think more developers would get that many people are looking for fun games - not technical showcases.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I think Nintendo has a good grasp on this balance. Not that their games don't look good, they do, but the focus on game play is always there. Story is important too. Given their success, you'd think more developers would get that many people are looking for fun games - not technical showcases.
People use Nintendo to cargue they are doing the right thing but Nintendo have some avantages other doesnt have, they can ship fucking médiocre ports of old games and well three millions because they have these ips, also they can reusse simple assets and nobody cares, they have charte blanche

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
People use Nintendo to cargue they are doing the right thing but Nintendo have some avantages other doesnt have, they can ship fucking médiocre ports of old games and well three millions because they have these ips, also they can reusse simple assets and nobody cares, they have charte blanche
Nintendo never advanced past the late 90's , what they're charging for their hardware is criminal & the games that release don't justify the price they sell them for no way the development costs are even close to other AAA games

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I started mario oddysee the other day even though I've had it for years & was expecting to be blown away by it but so far (I've just done 'new donk city') it's worse than galaxy for me

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

It's not so much whether they're doing the right thing or not overall. They just don't put out games like Hellblade 2 because they don't focus on graphics over game play. That's a positive thing. For what it's worth, I don't have a Nintendo console because their games don't appeal to me and I think the price for their hardware is too high for what it is. Still, given their success, they are doing something right - I believe it's making fun games that people want to play.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
It's not so much whether they're doing the right thing or not overall. They just don't put out games like Hellblade 2 because they don't focus on graphics over game play. That's a positive thing. For what it's worth, I don't have a Nintendo console because their games don't appeal to me and I think the price for their hardware is too high for what it is. Still, given their success, they are doing something right - I believe it's making fun games that people want to play.
They dont focus on graphics because the know that cant, look at the switch hardware

Also this "they make fun games" its dishonest, horizont fw of ragnarok arent fun games? Why? Because weeabo journos opinions

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
They dont focus on graphics because the know that cant, look at the switch hardware

Also this "they make fun games" its dishonest, horizont fw of ragnarok arent fun games? Why? Because weeabo journos opinions

What does Sony first-party have to do with the topic at hand?

The Switch is the way it is because they don't focus on graphics. That is a decision Nintendo made and it's worked well for them. If you have an issue with Nintendo, that's fine, but it's not hard to see via the sales figures that many people find their games fun and worthwhile to play.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022

You can thank MS marketing for that.

Sunrise Ninja

Banned
5 Feb 2024
I started mario oddysee the other day even though I've had it for years & was expecting to be blown away by it but so far (I've just done 'new donk city') it's worse than galaxy for me
stop-it-get-some-help-just-stop.gif