Xbox fanatics social media meltdowns in regards to 3rd party move and other losses |OT| "When fiction meets reality.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Urgh can we nuke Resetera yet? Their pining, panhandling and port begging for PlayStation games on Xbox is intolerable. It's literally based on thing but Sony Too™. I delved into the forum to see their take on Phil's port begging for Helldivers and I don't know why I expected less stupidity from a cesspit but that's on me.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Urgh can we nuke Resetera yet? Their pining, panhandling and port begging for PlayStation games on Xbox is intolerable. It's literally based on thing but Sony Too™. I delved into the forum to see their take on Phil's port begging for Helldivers and I don't know why I expected less stupidity from a cesspit but that's on me.
Im afraid to even ask what they said. That place is intolerable lol

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Im afraid to even ask what they said. That place is intolerable lol
Game budgets are too big, consoles are a declining market, "Xbox now? Sony too™!!!!", Phil is right, falsely equating the PS5 userbase sales potential with the brokeass Xbox install base (where Xbox LTD was outsold in one calendar year). Meanwhile Helldivers surpassed expectations so clearly doesn't need a micro boost from the 2 paying Xbox consumers.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Game budgets are too big, consoles are a declining market, "Xbox now? Sony too™!!!!", Phil is right, falsely equating the PS5 userbase sales potential with the brokeass Xbox Installbase (where Xbox LTD was outsold in one calendar year)
You know if we went by ppl like them and they had their way with their dumb ass views we'd all be playing Angry Birds type games forever. It's, the same with their politics in those threads. Those type of ppl all think alike through different paradigms and sectors.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You know if we went by ppl like them and they had their way with their dumb ass views we'd all be playing Angry Birds type games forever. It's, the same with their politics in those threads. Those type of ppl all think alike through different paradigms and sectors.
I think some of them actually are obtuse as to the benefit of exclusives. Hardware is largely subsidised by platform holders, who attract users to their platforms through exclusive content, except Xbox, who attracts no one because their content is stale. It's an age-old model that exists in all non-commoditised industries. It works in videogames because the alternative to playing the latest games is a more expensive PC (if you build it yourself) and a much more expensive PC is you want it out of the box.

Wondering aloud why exclusives exist either outs you as a moron or an Xbot.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Reddit is the same way. Social media has been overrun with xbots this gen.

• angry
Reactions: Cool hand luke

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It feels like I’m living in a bizarre alternate reality right now.

I've actually seen a lot of this type of thing. Phil announces that games are being ported to Nintendo and Sony and there are people, sincerely, saying the whole event was a "nothingburger". Mind you, there's a few that aren't drinking the Kool-aid - but it's amazing how many fell right back in line. All it took was ABK games on Game Pass and vague talk about future hardware.

Reactions: TerraNova

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It's the same playbook as when Phil was whining about no cross-play. Basically: give us access to your players Sony or our multiplatform communities will be unviable. Now it's give us access to your actual games Sony because no one wants to play ours. Spoilt little fuck.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's the same playbook as when Phil was whining about no cross-play. Basically: give us access to your players Sony or our multiplatform communities will be unviable. Now it's give us access to your actual games Sony because no one wants to play ours. Spoilt little fuck.
Those loses, all they had to hear was tht not all games were coming over avd lil hardware talk and thy were all ready pulling duwn their undies 😂

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
When a pc gamer gets so bent out of shape and defensive about xbox failures, you just know thats a disgruntled xbox fanboy.

Prepare to see more of these people as xbox as a platform becomes more irrelevant.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I've actually seen a lot of this type of thing. Phil announces that games are being ported to Nintendo and Sony and there are people, sincerely, saying the whole event was a "nothingburger". Mind you, there's a few that aren't drinking the Kool-aid - but it's amazing how many fell right back in line. All it took was ABK games on Game Pass and vague talk about future hardware.

I knew Phil would speak and many would fall back in line. They can’t think for themselves.

Reactions: laynelane

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I knew Phil would speak and many would fall back in line. They can’t think for themselves.

They can't recognize patterns either. I stopped believing Phil upon the first lie. He's a chronic liar who, like most manipulators, doesn't have any respect for his audience. I still see people venerating him for "saving" Xbox and being "a gamer". MS has really done a number on these people and it's alarming to see how little it takes to remove critical thinking and induce blind loyalty.

Edit: To the kind soul who gifted me Extra, thank you!

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Dr Bass and Entropi

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
They can't recognize patterns either. I stopped believing Phil upon the first lie. He's a chronic liar who, like most manipulators, doesn't have any respect for his audience. I still see people venerating him for "saving" Xbox and being "a gamer". MS has really done a number on these people and it's alarming to see how little it takes to remove critical thinking and induce blind loyalty.

Yeah majority of the Xbox fans on there are deluded they're basically "trust science" "safe and effective" but the data is showing something different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah majority of the Xbox fans on there are deluded they're basically "trust science" "safe and effective" but the data is showing something different.
They been like that for over a decade. Nothing will change them.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Game budgets are too big,

You'll see fans making this excuse for PC ports even though PS games make profit without them.

"Xbox now? Sony too™!!!!",
I knew they would try and push it. Its another shill agenda. They will keep saying Sony needs to do the same. "Sony is anti gamer" if they dont do this.
"Sony needs the money"

They dont need shit from Xbox or even Pc tbh. Theres games sold more than ever last generation

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
I think some of them actually are obtuse as to the benefit of exclusives. Hardware is largely subsidised by platform holders, who attract users to their platforms through exclusive content, except Xbox, who attracts no one because their content is stale. It's an age-old model that exists in all non-commoditised industries. It works in videogames because the alternative to playing the latest games is a more expensive PC (if you build it yourself) and a much more expensive PC is you want it out of the box.

Wondering aloud why exclusives exist either outs you as a moron or an Xbot.
yep, go in there with that there take and you'll be banned for platform warring. only the loonies who believe that there are no benefits to exclusives and the same games would be produced by these first parties even if they went multiplatform are the ones who are safe to discuss that topic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
yep, go in there with that there take and you'll be banned for platform warring. only the loonies who believe that there are no benefits to exclusives and the same games would be produced by these first parties even if they went multiplatform are the ones who are safe to discuss that topic.
Absolutely. You either get behind the Echo chamber, hive or your out of there.