Xbox Fans Call On Bethesda To Delay Redfall Until 60FPS Is Ready

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
LOL! Are you comparing RETAIL sales?

Fallout 4 sold 1.2M units on steam day 1. It shipped 12M units to retailers day 1. More than half of retail sales were playstation.

Shipped =/= sold to customers

First week it sold over 3M copies on playstation (sold to customers). The other 2 or so million were sold on Xbox or PC.

So keeping with the same ratio, shipped units would be around 7M for PlayStation, and the rest for the other 2 platforms.

Now starfiled will lose about half its audience and will be "free" day 1 on PC and Xbox. Are you that fucking stupid that you can't realise it will not sell that much?

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Fallout 4 sold 1.2M units on steam day 1. It shipped 12M units to retailers day 1. More than half of retail sales were playstation.

Shipped =/= sold to customers

First week it sold over 3M copies on playstation (sold to customers). The other 2 or so million were sold on Xbox or PC.

So keeping with the same ratio, shipped units would be around 7M for PlayStation, and the rest for the other 2 platforms.

Now starfiled will lose about half its audience and will be "free" day 1 on PC and Xbox. Are you that fucking stupid that you can't realise it will not sell that much?
No it wont lose half of its audience... those idiots will play the game on their PC, or Series X...

It's going to ABSOULTELY sell incredibly well and destroy what fucking Fallout did on PC... Space sim exploration games are a different breed.

• haha
Reactions: Vertigo and Rivet

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
No it wont lose half of its audience... those idiots will play the game on their PC, or Series X...

It's going to ABSOULTELY sell incredibly well and destroy what fucking Fallout did on PC... Space sim exploration games are a different breed.

Yes, people will magically start buying a game they can get with a 10 quid subscription and playstation players will run to buy an Xbox or a PC just to play a janky Bethesda game

Man, you are one smart cookie.

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
I can only talk for myself, but I certainly won't buy Starfield when I can just subscribe for 1 month of GP PC. That's definitely what I will do. It's €10 for 3 months here in France.

So I have to agree with Dodrake here, I have trouble seeing where the huge sales will come from. PC and Xbox gamers will play it on GP. Nobody else can play it.

That view is confirmed when you look at sales split of other games released on GP. It's often > 75 or 80 % Playstation. Basically nobody buys games they can play for "free", which makes sense when you think about it. Well, some will do, but that's a tiny fraction of what they would have sold had it not been on GP.

Last edited:

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Yes, people will magically start buying a game they can get with a 10 quid subscription and playstation players will run to buy an Xbox or a PC just to play a janky Bethesda game

Man, you are one smart cookie.

This game will sell ridiculously well... especially on PC.

And yes... many PS owners will play this game on either their PCs or Xboxes. Some will even subscribe to GamePass
elrisitas.png

D

Deleted member 417

Starfield is going to sell ridiculously well and do well for MS and Gamepass... regardless of the issues it has.
10s of millions of people will play the game through gamepass. Only a small handful will buy it. This is the future that Microsoft wanted.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I can only talk for myself, but I certainly won't buy Starfield when I can just subscribe for 1 month of GP PC. That's definitely what I will do. So I have to agree with Dodrake here, I have trouble seeing where the huge sales will come from. PC and Xbox gamers will play it on GP. Nobody else can play it.

That view is confirmed when you look at sales split of other games released on GP. It's often > 75 or 80 % Playstation. Basically nobody buys games they can play for "free", which makes sense when you think about it.

This is exactly what I will do: 1 month gamepass on PC, play it for 10 quid, whether I like it or not they'll get 10 quid for a AAA game. Outstanding.

This game will sell ridiculously well... especially on PC.

And yes... many PS owners will play this game on either their PCs or Xboxes. Some will even subscribe to GamePass
elrisitas.png

Yep I will, for 1 month. But only after reviews, if it's half decent. But me paying 10 quid for 1 month gamepass is not 1 sold copy of Starfield, moron.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Rivet and Gediminas

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Starfield is going to sell ridiculously well and do well for MS and Gamepass... regardless of the issues it has.

This was the game Sony was trying hard to get as a timed exclusive... there's a reason for that. Because they know it will be a hit. Starfield will, as tradition, be a janky 30fps mess of a game on Series X. That would happen no matter how much time MS gives them.. lmao it's just not a priority for them..

I doubt there's a mass exodus from Bethesda Softworks after Starfield releases.. but I would laugh if it happens. Then you know things are TRULY fucked.
Starfield is DOA

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
10s of millions of people will play the game through gamepass. Only a small handful will buy it. This is the future that Microsoft wanted.
I guess we'll see.

PC gamers tend to still buy a lot of copies of games which also appear on Gamepass.. These games aren't the type where PC gamers just drop them... they play them, and mod the shit out of them.. and a decade later still go strong. There's literally 35K people playing Skyrim on Steam right now..

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
This is exactly what I will do: 1 month gamepass on PC, play it for 10 quid, whether I like it or not they'll get 10 quid for a AAA game. Outstanding.

Yep I will, for 1 month. But only after reviews, if it's half decent. But me paying 10 quid for 1 month gamepass is not 1 sold copy of Starfield, moron.
MS thanks you for your patronage :LOL:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I guess we'll see.

PC gamers tend to still buy a lot of copies of games which also appear on Gamepass.. These games aren't the type where PC gamers just drop them... they play them, and mod the shit out of them.. and a decade later still go strong.
There’s nothing to see. Starfield hype is negative. Nobody cares about Xbox and its games. The game is DOA. It could succeed if it released on ps4/5 but it won’t, so it’s dead. MS will realize sooner rather than later that gwmes needs to release on either Sony or Nintendo consoles to succeed. Pc gamers might buy it but it’ll be the vast minority. Nobody besides shills are excited for starturd.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
There’s nothing to see. Starfield hype is negative. Nobody cares about Xbox and its games. The game is DOA. It could succeed if it released on ps4/5 but it won’t, so it’s dead. MS will realize sooner rather then later that gwmes needs to release on either Sony or Nintendo consoles to succeed.
:rolleyes:

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo
D

Deleted member 417

I guess we'll see.

PC gamers tend to still buy a lot of copies of games which also appear on Gamepass.. These games aren't the type where PC gamers just drop them... they play them, and mod the shit out of them.. and a decade later still go strong. There's literally 35K people playing Skyrim on Steam right now..
Like I say, popular in players but sales will be low, very low.

I would imagine the majority of people who mod games aren't the type to bother buying when they can get it for free.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Remij

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
MS thanks you for your patronage :LOL:

I'll give €10 to MS (for 3 months of PC GP) while you already paid hundreds of dollars to Sony by buying their games on PC. So it's a lot more like "Sony thanks you for your patronage right now." ;)

Basically, I don't even see how MS could get profitable ever with GP. They killed their own software sales for good, and GP subscriptions already stalled (GP missed their subscription growth target by a good margin twice). Software sales are abysmal on Xbox Series consoles, even compared to the Xbox One flop.

If daddy MS wasn't here to keep it running, GP business would already be dead. It's a huge money pit right now.

Imagine how Starfield cost with all those years under development and how many of their own sales they killed with GP and by removing it from the main platform PS5... Now add every other GP game. Unless you reach 100 million+ subscribers (don't know the exact number, but it's huge), it's never going to work. But I highly doubt it can take off that much. I feel it's going into the wall fast unless Actibliz makes it take off massively.

They would definitely cut on quality over time, removing day 1 AAA, but still, it's not happening. Xbox brand would need to take off massively from what it is now. Making CoD exclusive to GP would be their only chance.

Last edited:

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I'll give €10 to MS while you already paid hundreds of dollars to Sony by buying their games on PC. So it's a lot more like "Sony thanks you for your patronage right now." ;)

Basically, I don't even see how they could get profitable ever with GP. They killed their own software sales and GP subscriptions already stalled (GP missed their subscription growth target by a good margin twice).

If daddy MS wasn't here to keep it running, GP business would already be dead. It's a huge money pit right now.

Imagine how Starfield cost and how few sales they'll get... Now add every other game. Unless you reach 100 million+ subscribers, it's never going to work. But I highly doubt it can take off that much. I feel it's going into the wall fast unless Actibliz makes it take off massively.
You'll pad GamePass subscriber numbers for MS.. which goes towards them acquiring more studios.

I'll fund Sony to create more PS games that come to PC. ;)

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
You'll pad GamePass subscriber numbers for MS.. which goes towards them acquiring more studios.

I'll fund Sony to create more PS games that come to PC. ;)

Whatever, Sony wins here since they make tons of money, Xbox loses money and still has a tiny world market share. :LOL:

Every studio they buy is more money lost for them, as GP subscribers are still very low. Fine by me. MS will get bored losing money before I get bored playing the best games on my PS5, the best way to play Sony games.

You paid 5 times the money to play stuttering inferior ports of the same games, mostly a few years later. Congrats I guess, achievement unlocked (y)

Thanks for the money you spent on Sony games anyway, I'll think about you when playing Burning Shores and Spiderman 2.

Last edited:

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Whatever, Sony wins here since they make tons of money, Xbox loses money and still has a tiny world market share. :LOL:

Every studio they buy is more money lost for them, as GP subscribers are still very low. Fine by me.

And the best way to play Sony games are my PS5.

You paid 5 times the money to play stuttering inferior ports later of the same games. Congrats I guess, achievement unlocked (y)
I hope you feel better! (y)