Xbox Game Pass is getting MAJOR changes, with a new tier without day one games, and a range of price increases

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
So, PC gamepass actually gets day one games but Xbox Gamepass doesnt? Why do these companies just take console players for complete suckers?

You pay for a proprietary hardware to get a worst deal?

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Lol they're flirting with Netflix prices now without Netflix's reputation/popularity and huge sub base; good luck with that.

Subscription services have found that consumers are actually willing to pay higher prices without bailing. At least so far.

So now the only way to get the day one GP games on console will be paying $240/year.

The console middle tier will now get online MP instead of day one games, making it more similar to the PS+ equivalent.

And everything gets more expensive.

I assume that in the next price increase, in a year or two, will also remove the day one games for PC GP and the existing console middle tier GP subbers.

History is going to be really kind to Jim Ryan who said GamePass' model wasn't sustainable for them for the type of games Sony makes. Not only did he resist following suit, but Microsoft proved his point, not only with game quality, but pricing and there is still a gap there.

This is potentially an opening salvo for GamePass on PlayStation, if it only has back catalog Microsoft/Zenimax/ABK titles and if Ultimate only has day 1 games from the same. Don't see a reason why Sony would say no to that, especially if it requires PS+ or PS+ Premium.

So are we thinking the console hardly clears 30M lifetime sales?

I've always said between 30-35 million. I think it's still on pace for 35, but it pretty much spells doom for any proprietary new Xbox hardware.

Safe to say that if they want to lock Day One Games behind Ultimate, then Halo isnt coming out on PlayStation anymore.

I don't see what either has to do with each other Dragouth.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The biggest flop subscription service in history.

They really thought the normies would sign up by millions to play cloud AAA games on their phones while taking a shit in the bathroom. Reach 3 billions gamers, 100 millions subscribers 🤣

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Let's see if the outrage will be as fierce as the PS+ price increase 😬

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is so much poetic justice. To think their original plan was to make the ActiBlitz games exclusive and hope they starve the PS base of COD till they jumped ship.

Jim Ryan, CMA and FTC really sunk that ship and everything came crashing down.

So now all the shills who said this was good for consumers and the industry now has to watch as the average consumer gets the bad end of the stick and burdened by high prices that will only get worse.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
@CrackmanNL

There are so many things they lied about during the FTC trial.. and it blows my mind how none of the other International Anti-Competitive Bureaus are not re-examining the ABK case.
If any other corporation tried to pull the wool over their eyes, it would be pure chaos.
I mean most of the anti competition bureaus are worthless and powerless. In a world with actual market regulations beyond slaps on the wrist we wouldnt have trillion dollar companies or even hundred billion dollar companies.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
This is a major "who's poop is in my pants?" moment. More tiers, higher prices, literally everything they shouldn't be doing.