Xbox Games Showcase and Starfield Direct Double Feature

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Why the hell did Sega premier the Persona teams new IP here? The trailer got less than 200k views.... Choosing Xbox for anything promotional is a death sentence
If you go on the official website they are still not allowed to say if it's coming to Playstation. It says Xbox and Windows only like it's exclusive.

Atlus is dead.

Screenshot_20230613_162948_Chrome.jpg

24 Jun 2022
I've been waiting for this moment !!!

View attachment 1616

Freya destroys her no contest.

@Gods&Monsters Just checked the website and it STILL doesn't list PlayStation & Nintendo platforms. It's well past 48 hours, even 72 hours.

Atlus are basically treating their actual customers as second-class citizens and taking them for granted at this rate. Even if it's being enforced through Sega, that isn't any better. I know some ignorant people would love to compare this to Final Fantasy on PS vs Xbox or even when it originally left Nintendo, but they'd show how little they knew. N64 was technologically opposite to the direction Squaresoft were moving their game design for JRPGs, and Sega had a mess in the Saturn. 3DO was basically stillborn, the Jaguar was a no-go, so that basically left PlayStation.

Square-Enix already tried growing FF on Xbox platforms with both FF XIII and XV, but they both flopped terribly on 360 & XBO, respectively. You can even argue that the Series S is technologically opposite to the direction Square-Enix wants to go for their big-budget FF games, and they would be forced to scope their games to that system if they wanted to bring them to the Xbox platform.

And in both cases, the actual fanbases were right in line to go where Square-Enix prioritized their development, because the platforms Square-Enix prioritized were ones the fanbase were already prioritizing by that time themselves, due to the library of games and value they provided. This was also reflected every time in the sales of those platforms in question.

NONE of this is the case with Sega/Atlus prioritizing Xbox & Game Pass for marketing association of Persona, Yakuza etc. games. So, it could be argued the drive of that partnership is not a natural selection of the customer market at large, but one being forced by a platform holder who's willing to pay any money that's asked. Sega/Atlus can "get the bag" and that's cool from one POV, but clearly it is not having an effect in bringing the majority of fans over and could jeopardize alienating more than a few of them down the road.

But I guess we'll see how it all plays out.

None of these scenarios

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Freya destroys her no contest.

@Gods&Monsters Just checked the website and it STILL doesn't list PlayStation & Nintendo platforms. It's well past 48 hours, even 72 hours.

Atlus are basically treating their actual customers as second-class citizens and taking them for granted at this rate. Even if it's being enforced through Sega, that isn't any better. I know some ignorant people would love to compare this to Final Fantasy on PS vs Xbox or even when it originally left Nintendo, but they'd show how little they knew. N64 was technologically opposite to the direction Squaresoft were moving their game design for JRPGs, and Sega had a mess in the Saturn. 3DO was basically stillborn, the Jaguar was a no-go, so that basically left PlayStation.

Square-Enix already tried growing FF on Xbox platforms with both FF XIII and XV, but they both flopped terribly on 360 & XBO, respectively. You can even argue that the Series S is technologically opposite to the direction Square-Enix wants to go for their big-budget FF games, and they would be forced to scope their games to that system if they wanted to bring them to the Xbox platform.

And in both cases, the actual fanbases were right in line to go where Square-Enix prioritized their development, because the platforms Square-Enix prioritized were ones the fanbase were already prioritizing by that time themselves, due to the library of games and value they provided. This was also reflected every time in the sales of those platforms in question.

NONE of this is the case with Sega/Atlus prioritizing Xbox & Game Pass for marketing association of Persona, Yakuza etc. games. So, it could be argued the drive of that partnership is not a natural selection of the customer market at large, but one being forced by a platform holder who's willing to pay any money that's asked. Sega/Atlus can "get the bag" and that's cool from one POV, but clearly it is not having an effect in bringing the majority of fans over and could jeopardize alienating more than a few of them down the road.

But I guess we'll see how it all plays out.

None of these scenarios
They wrote an article earlier saying it might be exclusive but nobody knows because Microsoft is never clear about these things like Sony on the trailers. The backlash will be huge if it's exclusive but Sega and MS are both garbage so 🤷

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Confirmed where?

It could be fake. Someone posted elsewheres what seemed to be the person modeled after in trailer. I mostly see the comedic value in this so I’m not really gonna share it I think. The current shitstorm is enough…

I would like to say the goofiness of the exaggerated facial animations is mostly to blame but the character design wasn’t doing any favors.

unless player created avatars are no longer a thing… that would be no good

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Right here

Are we going to see the same outrage that happened to Horizon Forbidden West by grown virgins complaining that’s not how a real girl looks like? Of course we aren’t.

1 - they don't look alike
2 - the designer at Playground is a woman

Problem solved.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Hahaha

It Takes Two
Resident Evil Village
Deathloop
Forza Horizon 5
Metroid Dread

All superior choices for GOTY 2021. Great Ace Attorney Chronicles also won a GOTY award that year but it doesn't put it in the same conversation as the top 5.
Where is Returnal, the actual goty 2021? 😛

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty