Xbox Games Showcase and Starfield Direct Double Feature

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Xbox had the best “show” so far. These shows are also meaningless. I personally don’t value them one but. Never have. Starfield is huge. So is spider-man and Marathon. These are all products which will all be played by 10s and 10s of millions.

Sony has also been in the trend of showing one major game at a time to promote their release. They don’t blow their load. Microsoft had to… and honestly… it’s just Starfield and will only be Starfield. The rest of Xbox Game Studios is a dumpster fire and 2024 and beyond vaporware still.
I expect the id branch of Bethesda to have something at Quake-con. Turn 10's work should be respected even if driving games aren't your thing, same with Rare, Mojang and Zeni supporting their live services. And then there's a bunch of stuff thats out there in the future, same as Sony.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I expect the id branch of Bethesda to have something at Quake-con. Turn 10's work should be respected even if driving games aren't your thing, same with Rare, Mojang and Zeni supporting their live services. And then there's a bunch of stuff thats out there in the future, same as Sony.

They have the same yet varying strategies. Microsoft historically has made terrible bets on studios after parting with Epic and Bungie. Sony’s bets are huge successes. Sony bet on Fortnite to be exclusive to the ps4 for quite some time. Do not forget. Biggest game in the world.

Current Microsoft likes to pander to the hardcore pc gamer. Or try to. This is where Starfield will excite beyond anything else in the industry. It’s the most important open world sandbox rpg release in history.

Sony has a much better grasp on casual markets. They have a succesful track record and debuted IPs like Horizon, Gran tursimo and God of War on Ps5 already to new heights in success. The same will happen for Final Fantasy and Spider-man. Microsoft has yet to launch a succesful Ip on next gen outside of Forza Horizon and owning Minecraft.

Even if Starfield is more exciting for hardcore gamers this holiday … the truth is Sony’s actual business is unmatched and will continue to steamroll.

All Xbox did was take Starfield away from gamers. It’s dirty.

That’s fine. The rest of their studios are mostly worthless. They’re going to need Starfield to be their only money maker for the next decade

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They have the same yet varying strategies. Microsoft historically has made terrible bets on studios after parting with Epic and Bungie. Sony’s bets are huge successes. Sony bet on Fortnite to be exclusive to the ps4 for quite some time. Do not forget. Biggest game in the world.

Current Microsoft likes to pander to the hardcore pc gamer. Or try to. This is where Starfield will excite beyond anything else in the industry. It’s the most important open world sandbox rpg release in history.

Sony has a much better grasp on casual markets. They have a succesful track record and debuted IPs like Horizon, Gran tursimo and God of War on Ps5 already to new heights in success. The same will happen for Final Fantasy and Spider-man. Microsoft has yet to launch a succesful Ip on next gen outside of Forza Horizon and owning Minecraft.

Even if Starfield is more exciting for hardcore gamers this holiday … the truth is Sony’s actual business is unmatched and will continue to steamroll.

All Xbox did was take Starfield away from gamers. It’s dirty.

That’s fine. The rest of their studios are mostly worthless. They’re going to need Starfield to be their only money maker for the next decade
Weren't Horizon, GoW and GT (who's success I haven't even heard mentioned until now) all cross gen? Not that it really matters, Xbox has been putting stuff on One. Flight Sim somehow managed to break out and be a killer (cross gen) app for awhile, which nobody saw coming. Its big failure with Infinite wasn't the launch, people showed up for that, it was the terrible follow-thru.

Both sides have way more yet to come than already releasing.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I Still remember When dreamcast won several e3 xD

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Let’s go bro, I have nothing to lose lol
You said...

"I'm trying to refrain myself due to me already banned for a week for speaking out of lines with people like you."

I don't want you or most to be banned but I would like to see whatever shit you feel you need to talk.

“gamesradar has always been a known MS shill”
Nahh, although not perfect they are one of the best big ones left.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
You said...

"I'm trying to refrain myself due to me already banned for a week for speaking out of lines with people like you."

I don't want you or most to be banned but I would like to see whatever shit you feel you need to talk.

I mean if you want me to, I would, I will call out every single fanboy on here, and say how I truly feel about both Xbox and Sony. Both sides of the party are pure scum, filled with 30 years old still fighting over which plastic box. I love Sony just as much as anyone same goes with Nintendo but I'm not like the rest of you guys who are blind in not calling anyone out. That is the main common issue that I see. Don't believe me, look at Twitter, it's infested with manchildren at the age of 30 or 40 fighting over who is better when in reality either is. See with me, I grew out of that phase, seems like everyone here is not.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I mean if you want me to, I would, I will call out every single fanboy on here, and say how I truly feel about both Xbox and Sony. Both sides of the party are pure scum, filled with 30 years old still fighting over which plastic box. I love Sony just as much as anyone same goes with Nintendo but I'm not like the rest of you guys who are blind in not calling anyone out. That is the main common issue that I see. Don't believe me, look at Twitter, it's infested with manchildren at the age of 30 or 40 fighting over who is better when in reality either is. See with me, I grew out of that phase, seems like everyone here is not.
There are plenty of people, including on this board, who just like games for games, and don't give a rat's ass about platforms.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
There are plenty of people, including on this board, who just like games for games, and don't give a rat's ass about platforms.
Where cause we need them only. The others need to be banned, it brings so much toxicity and it's pathetic, I mean it's okay to criticize the company but to act the way some people do is stupid and should not be allowed at ALL.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Where cause we need them only. The others need to be banned, it brings so much toxicity and it's pathetic, I mean it's okay to criticize the company but to act the way some people do is stupid and should not be allowed at ALL.
Well I know I'm right here. ;)

I don't think people should be banned if they are fanboys or prefer a console, but if people are acting like jerks then yeah I agree that's an issue. Pretty sure the board tries to keep that in check while also allowing people to discuss as freely a possible.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Xbox,MS deserves all of the shit it gets.
Playstation, Sony make superior products.

The sad thing is Xbox is no longer competition, yet has xbotz shilling for it.
Shilling for such a poor product is pretty pathetic.

Playstation has some fanboys but tons of fans. The two shouldn't be confused.

But as far as it's fanboys, at least the products are high quality.

Me personally? I critique everything that I deem deserves it.

I am likely older than you,maybe most on this site and been gaming a loooong time so I can speak non ignorantly on such matters.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
It was a fine showing. They’ve got me on the hook for Starfield so there’s that.

PlayStation has me on the hook due to my digital library containing so many unfinished games. I pretty much have to go PS5 soon.

I’m not very pleased with either company.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You said...

They gave the same score to halo infinite and forbidden west. How that's a thing is beyond me.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: PlacidusaX

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Halo Infinite at launch was an amazing game despite the small multiplayer content.

It was the easy GOTY 2021.
The single player content was lacking as well, I recall the reviewers making excuses for it with phrases like "it's limited now, but they will patch more content in" so on and so forth.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
The single player content was lacking as well, I recall the reviewers making excuses for it with phrases like "it's limited now, but they will patch more content in" so on and so forth.
The content the single player had was still a great game. It was just obvious a massive chunk of it got cut.

I have plenty of issues with the single player and how it didn't have basic stuff like friendly AI driving vehicles, lack of massive boss battles like Scarabs, limited Vehicle sandbox, and no mission replay, but it was still (imo) the best Halo campaign by a mile.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The content the single player had was still a great game. It was just obvious a massive chunk of it got cut.

I have plenty of issues with the single player and how it didn't have basic stuff like friendly AI driving vehicles, lack of massive boss battles like Scarabs, limited Vehicle sandbox, and no mission replay, but it was still (imo) the best Halo campaign by a mile.
Best campaign Halo by a mile? Tell me you've never played any other Halo games without saying it directly.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas