Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Neither, but i will watch it

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Well this showcase pretty much confirms we will not see a new Elders Scrolls, Fallout or Halo this generation.

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
So you agree. Cool

It was mediocre but was potentially the killer app Microsoft needed if given more time. It was hyped to be and even I was envious of it.

Even considered getting an XSX until the reviews came in.

Now they are releasing 60fps patches and additional content.

Too late. Should have been there at launch.

Other than that the only games Microsoft have which interest me are Halo if done properly, Fallout and Elders Scrolls.

None of them were announced which means none coming this generation.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
All of those games there are first party. FF7, Stellar Blade, Ronin, SH2, and Grandblue Fantasy are not.
You're still going with your dumb lists wars 🤦‍♂️

Microsoft bought 2 megapublishers full of IPs and games in development. Sony by itself can't compete with all of that. You might as well compare Microsoft vs Ubisoft and say Ubisoft are done and lazy compared with 3 publishers combined.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You're still going with your dumb lists wars 🤦‍♂️

Microsoft bought 2 megapublishers full of IPs and games in development. Sony by itself can't compete with all of that. You might as well compare Microsoft vs Ubisoft and say Ubisoft are done and lazy compared with 3 publishers combined.
Ubisoft has like 19k employees, more than m$ 😁

• Surprised
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You do know how ridiculous you sound right? Your definitions are all over the place
Please clarify how. Spider-Man was first party while Insomniac was a third-party studio. Everybody agrees on this. Flight Sim is just the same.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Please clarify how. Spider-Man was first party while Insomniac was a third-party studio. Everybody agrees on this. Flight Sim is just the same.
Yes that's second party

Nobody in the real world gives a shit of a difference between first party and second party

Evidenced by the fact you listed Flight Sim as a first party, completely forgetting they aren't a first party Dev

Sit down and stop twisting yourself into knots over arbitrary publisher developer arrangements

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I dunno, being pedantic and whiny about what emo is also feels pretty emo to me.

I mean, honestly, who cares because it's pretty self indulgent regardless.
Not really? There are sad country songs and sad r&b songs and they wouldn't be emo lol. Emo is a specific genre of music and a defining sound and aesthetic, it would be like saying gangster rap and death metal are the same thing because they're both about violent topics

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Polyh3dron

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
All of those games there are first party. FF7, Stellar Blade, Ronin, SH2, and Grandblue Fantasy are not.
With this mentality you would’ve thought ps2 was the woat.

Silent hill 2, FFX/Ffxii, Kingdom hearts 1/2, Tekken 4/5, Virtua fighter, metal gear solid 2/3 etc. Sony did not develop any of these games in house, they were exclusive and they made the platform more desirable.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I’m watching the show now and my main take away is that just due to the sheer fact MS owns half of the western gaming market they can machine gun out trailer after trailer of well known IP, vaporware or otherwise. I think Sony is lucky Doom being day and date on ps5 because after awhile all of this IP could present a problem for Sony If MS actually were competent.

I still maintain that instead of spending 4 billion on bungie they should’ve spread that money around investing in eastern publishers and maybe locked down one or two key franchises from said publisher.

Edit: Indiana Jones looks terrible. Stiff animations and 360 era graphics.

Edit: Avowed also looks bad too. I seriously thought it was indie fodder for the first 15 seconds.

So the two games that are actually coming out this year look undercooked meanwhile they’re still selling hopes and dreams with CG for “2025.”

A steam I was watching pointed out all of the gameplay for Xbox first party games had a fog overlay. I wonder if that’s to accommodate the series S?

Edit: Assassins creed shadows looked bad IMO despite all the astroturf hype I saw for it.

Edit: Was disappointed gears of war was just a ch trailer without a date. Did it say Xbox launch exclusive anywhere?

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
With this mentality you would’ve thought ps2 was the woat.

Silent hill 2, FFX/Ffxii, Kingdom hearts 1/2, Tekken 4/5, Virtua fighter, metal gear solid 2/3 etc. Sony did not develop any of these games in house, they were exclusive and they made the platform more desirable.
The market is not looking at who is first-party, 2nd or 3rd. They look at the library available and they choose Playstation. Always.

Sony has more than enough Sony-published games or exclusives for this year. Fighting list wars with MS who bought half the industry in 2 years is impossible.

Satoru reminds me of Klobrille with his lists and graphs showing all the 1st party. In the end, it's 4 publishers (MSActiBlizzBeth) vs 1. It's a losing battle.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke and Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The market is not looking at who is first-party, 2nd or 3rd. They look at the library available and they choose Playstation. Always.

Sony has more than enough Sony-published games or exclusives for this year. Fighting list wars with MS who bought half the industry in 2 years is impossible.

Satoru reminds me of Klobrille with his lists and graphs showing all the 1st party. In the end, it's 4 publishers (MSActiBlizzBeth) vs 1. It's a losing battle.

Agree.

With all the shots fired by Microsoft in this showcase you still have a better PS5 lineup of exclusive games for 2024. Supposedly a dry year for PS5. Go figure.

Looks like Xbox has shown most their cards for this generation.

PS5 2024 exclusives - FF7 Rebirth, Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Black Myth Wukong, Astro Bot?

Xbox 2024 exclusives - Hellblade 2, Stalker 2, Avowed, Indiana Jones?

Any others to add?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

bro might be GeneralMLD the way he list wars

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Silent Hill 2, Zenless Zone Zero, Lego Horizon, Concord and all the PSVR2 games could fill a niche too.

What a dry year for Sony eh?

With that Showcase you would think it too then you look at the release dates and realise Xbox have shown their entire lineup this generation and there isn’t much in 2024.

Also a lineup with no Fallout or Elders Scrolls this generation. They would have revealed them if that was the case. No Halo either.

Sony haven’t shown their lineup yet and there’s nothing at the showcase which will cause sleepless nights to ND, Sucker Punch, SSM or Insomniac etc.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters