Xbox Retail space shrinking down to nothing across Europe and Japan - is America next?

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
By the end of gen, retailers ll refuse to sell xbox consoles considering no1 s buying anything with it. Ms s playing dangerous game.

For sony physical s over 40%. Nintendo even more. Thats billions business. Ita not going anywhere anytime soon. Sony knows how retail s important thats why psn games at launch re much more expensive than retail. U can literally sace 15,20 euros per game. Allow retailets to make some money. There re parts of NA where net speed re a joke. Sure u can release digital only platform. U wont achieve anything expect lose market share and money.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I am not worried about Xbox's all digital future. No one has better live service and servers for their than Microsoft. They've always been the pioneer of online gaming and multiplayer and the 360 is the proof of that.

Remember when everyone got upset you had to pay for PS+ on PS4 to play onkine compared to the PS3? Well, just like that Xbox alresdy where the future of online gaming was heading, just like they know now. They also stopped true exclusitivity. There is no more "Only On Xbox" and its only a mayter of time before Sony embraces that path completelt.

I'd am more concerned with Microsoftd studios and management. They need to get their shit together and stop performing a Mickey Mouse circus. Starfield will be the first true test along with Starfield.

Yeah MS is a big company, having online features is the minimum they could do. Trust me they do the bare minimum, in 20+ years the only thing I see Xbox being praised on its for online gaming…at the cost that is now behind a paywall.

Everyone, knows that MS can’t handle studios and things aren’t looking that good at Bethesda.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
By the end of gen, retailers ll refuse to sell xbox consoles considering no1 s buying anything with it. Ms s playing dangerous game.

For sony physical s over 40%. Nintendo even more. Thats billions business. Ita not going anywhere anytime soon. Sony knows how retail s important thats why psn games at launch re much more expensive than retail. U can literally sace 15,20 euros per game. Allow retailets to make some money. There re parts of NA where net speed re a joke. Sure u can release digital only platform. U wont achieve anything expect lose market share and money.

Facts, people really only think of their immediate situation and forget there is a global picture that really is far removed from what they see every day.

PlayStation is a global console and Xbox is 99% USA focused and most of their fanbase is in North America.

Nintendo are in a similar situation to PS there.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Xbox has always been about digital stuff. Hatred of physical? Don't think it has anything to do with hate lol. Thats a reach, the only real hate is coming from you and you know it. Nice double post btw for the sake of bumping a useless topic. Pro move, learn to use the edit button.

Physical is going away no matter what, including PlayStation. Xbox has decided to embrace the future earlier than others. That's the only difference. PS6/Xbox Next will most likely be fully digital. This is another no nothing burger as usual. As I've said before, the industry is changing whether you like it or not. No one even does manuals anymore for the most part like the old days. Wanna know why? Waste of money, there is no need anymore.

And there is no need to waste even more money on mass producing discs. Games are already expensive as it and they're not getting cheaper. Oh and don't give me the whole "but i want mah game rights and resell!" speech. Don't wanna spend money? Go subscribe to Gamefly if your prefer digital renting before purchasing the product and play games at your leisure.

Get used to it and learn to deal with it. I can see your frustration and me being the understanding person that I am, I'd highly suggest you quit the hobby, you obviously don't like where the things are going. And it seems you are very stressed out, i worry for your health and your blood pressure rising. Quit before you hurt yourself my man.
The disconection with reality its strong here

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I get what your saying and i agree with you to a certain extent, but you are in Europe. And this is USA. Things are a bit different here.

The fucking topic is about France and Japan - One located in Europe, one in Asia. You're the one bringing the USA into the topic.

Wait that’s legal in USA? What? Here retail cannot trick or pressure the customers.

The USA legalised corporate bribing (lobbying). What did you expect?

working people are low life morons, wow. that's sad to hear.

yes, retail is pretty big in europe. it also helps retain shops and business and people keeps the job. nothing but positives.

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

They think I am a fucking donkey.
Not surprised at all

Funny Animals Donkey GIF by Storyful

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Wait that’s legal in USA? What? Here retail cannot trick or pressure the customers.

Anyway, future looks grim for Xbox, I also have my doubts how the all digital will pan in the future, the current model of DRM, no ownership etc is backfiring on Adobe and Netflix.
They don't pressure, they ask you (sometimes) if you want to preorder a game or get an extended warranty for whatever you're buying. I just smile, say no and go on my way.

Some angry people are very antisocial and just don't like when other humans speak to them. They don't want to make eye contact and don't you dare open your mouth.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

"Man calls his girlfriend to make sure he can buy a PS5" :LOL:

in the first 5 seconds of that video in france, the clerk takes the security device off of one of the PS5's as this guy has just bought it.

Halo Infinite also sits in the 'PC game' section, on deep discount next to other monumental flops like BF 2042, Back 4 Blood, and the butchered GTA iphone port trilogy.

Absolutely insane.

XBox is dying before our eyes...

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022

"Man calls his girlfriend to make sure he can buy a PS5" :LOL:

in the first 5 seconds of that video in france, the clerk takes the security device off of one of the PS5's as this guy has just bought it.

Halo Infinite also sits in the 'PC game' section, on deep discount next to other monumental flops like BF 2042, Back 4 Blood, and the butchered GTA iphone port trilogy.

Absolutely insane.

XBox is dying before our eyes...

why do people record this?