Xbox Retail space shrinking down to nothing across Europe and Japan - is America next?

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
why do people record this?
Cause people are bored and seek attention cause they get none in real life. Also, anyone who has to call their significant other to ask of they can buy something is a fucking simping cuck. What an idiot.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
mirrors a lot of what i remember happening to the dreamcast.

sad to see, xbox's hard exit must be coming soon. Clearing out and vacating retail space as we speak, probably because they can't afford to keep the shelves with their current low sales volume/lack of games.

Retail space is really costly, and comes from the recently cut marketing budget...

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
mirrors a lot of what i remember happening to the dreamcast.

sad to see, xbox's hard exit must be coming soon. Clearing out and vacating retail space as we speak, probably because they can't afford to keep the shelves with their current low sales volume/lack of games.

Retail space is really costly, and comes from the recently cut marketing budget...

The only thing that's sad is your delusional console warring and insanely stupid trolling anti Xbox takes. Yes, Xbox is leaving the console market after purchasing multiple high end studios while also on the verge closing another deal here shortly. You cracked the code. Wish I was smart as you broski.

You should go to NeoGaf or ResetEra and do a couple of posts and see how they react to your amazing insight.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
If I'm reading correctly, the guy filming and making the tweets is actually an Xbox fan and he's angry people are buying PS5s without even considering Xbox lol

Cats Reaction GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition EMEA

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
If I'm reading correctly, the guy filming and making the tweets is actually an Xbox fan and he's angry people are buying PS5s without even considering Xbox lol

Oh is that right? I didn't listen to the audio? Is there anything in the audio that hints / alludes to this?

BadBurger

3 Jul 2022
The only thing that's sad is your delusional console warring and insanely stupid trolling anti Xbox takes. Yes, Xbox is leaving the console market after purchasing multiple high end studios while also on the verge closing another deal here shortly. You cracked the code. Wish I was smart as you broski.

You should go to NeoGaf or ResetEra and do a couple of posts and see how they react to your amazing insight.
You've got some mad anger issues my man.

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Xbox is on life support, not surprising. I think the US is the only major market where people still care a lot about Xbox and it's still getting dominated by PS5 and Switch here.

MS fucked themselves over with their weird marketing decisions, lack of games and GamePass. They killed retail sales with GamePass and their lack of compelling AAA exclusive games has hurt them in the eyes of the general consumer. They have lost almost all mindshare they built during the 360 years due to years of incompetent mismanagement by Phil and his fellow executives. They seem to know this, and that's why they are fighting tooth and nail to buy Activision because they are hoping they can regain some mindshare and excitement by acquiring the biggest publisher out there with the biggest game (COD) and making it exclusive to GP. Too bad for them regulators have noticed their gameplan and have moved to thwart it. If this ABK deal doesn't go through, I don't think Xbox as a console will be around for much longer.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Mental illness can take on many forms.

Oh is that right? I didn't listen to the audio? Is there anything in the audio that hints / alludes to this?
The banner in his twitter profile makes it obvious (see below) and in the comments he's saying Xbox is a better choice because the cashier told him 1 of every 4 PS5 is getting returned because they are defective.

Obviously, he's just spreading FUD like all the other xbots.
Screenshot_20230219_223817_DuckDuckGo.jpg

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Xbox is on life support, not surprising. I think the US is the only major market where people still care a lot about Xbox and it's still getting dominated by PS5 and Switch here.

MS fucked themselves over with their weird marketing decisions, lack of games and GamePass. They killed retail sales with GamePass and their lack of compelling AAA exclusive games has hurt them in the eyes of the general consumer. They have lost almost all mindshare they built during the 360 years due to years of incompetent mismanagement by Phil and his fellow executives. They seem to know this, and that's why they are fighting tooth and nail to buy Activision because they are hoping they can regain some mindshare and excitement by acquiring the biggest publisher out there with the biggest game (COD) and making it exclusive to GP. Too bad for them regulators have noticed their gameplan and have moved to thwart it. If this ABK deal doesn't go through, I don't think Xbox as a console will be around for much longer.
it's better for everyone if they go away, they have no big games of their own and only exist right now to hurt and segment indie developers away from the largest PS/Switch audience.

Since all they can afford is timed exclusive indies, they locked down games with small audiences and that just ends up hurting those developers in the long run.
The banner in his twitter profile makes it obvious (see below) and in the comments he's saying Xbox is a better choice because the cashier told him 1 of every 4 PS5 is getting returned because they are defective.

Obviously, he's just spreading FUD like all the other xbots.
View attachment 605

his 3 points:

-xbox pushes "dematerialized' games (French word for digital games)
-xbox has no communication with stores and no sales representative
-customers don't care either way, they all ask for PS5 even though its more expensive.

things are looking really rough.

Last edited:

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022

Only a actual troll calls people trolls for attacking the brands they like to much instead of having a counter argument they choose to act salty.

Those places you mentioned protect these types of man children when they are butt hurt about there brand of choice sucking.

You gotta be "fake" on those forums because of how sensitive some of the so called adults are over these precious brands.

I do know part of the non counter argument is because the points people make are true.... how about instead of being salty examine why you like the brand/s with so much wrong with them?

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Effects of gamepass. You have to throw retailers a bone if you want their space, they got a business too.
MS over the past decade have had a declining relationship with retail, ms fault they don’t want to pay them to stock their products.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Retail section of Xbox will eventually just be gamepass sub cards. They completely tanked third party sales and sales in general.

N64’d…. But worse. Nintendo at least knew how to make good games that players actually enjoyed. There’s nothing like that for Xbox.