Xbox Retail space shrinking down to nothing across Europe and Japan - is America next?

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Adobe lost so many customers it had to buy their rival software company, who is not a service.
The latest drama is Pantone you know the color swatches! You want to use that on photoshop? You need to pay extra.
I knew about pantone and it messed up a lot of print.

Who did adobe buy?

On a side note, they have been buying their competition since at least the 90s.
YouTube is starting restricting quality to 720p to users who do not pay for a sub. Netflix loosing customers non stop and so on. People are getting fed up. There’s more and more people on TikTok advocating for ownership of media, software…
If every company continue with their anti consumer practices, everyone will stop using it.
Touch, I thought that was my ISP messing with my connection.
This time I really believe it, gen z is brutal.
Gen z is on TikTok, they don't even care about media, especially if it lasts over 40 seconds.

Reactions: VillaiN

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I knew about pantone and it messed up a lot of print.

Who did adobe buy?

On a side note, they have been buying their competition since at least the 90s.

Touch, I thought that was my ISP messing with my connection.

Gen z is on TikTok, they don't even care about media, especially if it lasts over 40 seconds.
They brought Figma. I really don’t remember they buying companies only making clones of competition.

I dunno gen z seems more influential than my generation ( millennials ).

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
They brought Figma. I really don’t remember they buying companies only making clones of competition.

I dunno gen z seems more influential than my generation ( millennials ).
I recall they bought Macromedia (Flash and a competitor of Illustrator) ... Aldus (Page Maker).

These and many others were a big deal back in the 90s\early 2000s, but you were probably too young to remember you should care!

The Zeers are pretty young still, so we shall see, the millenials have a lot of influence compared to the Xes.

Reactions: Zeroing

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I recall they bought Macromedia (Flash and a competitor of Illustrator) ... Aldus (Page Maker).

These and many others were a big deal back in the 90s\early 2000s, but you were probably too young to remember you should care!

The Zeers are pretty young still, so we shall see, the millenials have a lot of influence compared to the Xes.
I did not knew that. Everyone is either "borrowing" adobe apps or scavenging the internet for free alternatives, like myself. Everyone knows adobe slows down your PC/Mac because they are gathering information about you. Some years ago Adobe got hacked and all of my info including phone number got in the dark web. That is when I've realized how dangerous it is for a company having a service having you in their ecossstem at a ransom. I was very young but I remember when adobe was one time purchase.

Yeah and the generations do differ between countries, here in portugal gen x and millennials are actually 3 groups. Anyway I am looking forward for the government investigation on how Netflix is operating to crack down shared accounts ( might be illegal according Portuguese law )

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
D

Deleted member 417

FWIW Game in Spain have PS5 and PSvr2 consoles, accessories, games etc etc at the first half of their store. Right in the back left hand corner was one 'shelf' or 'wall' space with xbox on it. All cards for gamepass, digital games and even the consoles. The only hardware they had out on the shopfloor were controllers.

It looked pretty grim

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
FWIW Game in Spain have PS5 and PSvr2 consoles, accessories, games etc etc at the first half of their store. Right in the back left hand corner was one 'shelf' or 'wall' space with xbox on it. All cards for gamepass, digital games and even the consoles. The only hardware they had out on the shopfloor were controllers.

It looked pretty grim
Woof.

When your new product is more than 20 feet from the door, your brand is DEAD in retail.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

Woof.

When your new product is more than 20 feet from the door, your brand is DEAD in retail.
You had to literally step around boxes of PS5's and around shelves of Switches to get to the Xbox section, which should contain Xbox One, Xbox SAD, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X, but instead just had pieces of coloured card

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty