Your Unpopular(?) Gaming Opinions thread

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Jim Ryan could have done some counter measurements instead of fighting a pointless fight. As it seems the deal will be approved, so Sony needs to move on.

In this time they could have bought Square Enix, and maybe later Capcom. Would have been perfect while Microsoft is stuck with ABK. They could have easily used ABK as an argument for buying Square Enix and Capcom.

I still think Capcom is the one to go for first.... shock and awe. Don't let MSFT have a chance to get them. Square are so close and dependent on PS that they could go second IMO. But both need to be bought and Arc System too....

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I still think Capcom is the one to go for first.... shock and awe. Don't let MSFT have a chance to get them. Square are so close and dependent on PS that they could go second IMO. But both need to be bought and Arc System too....
No Way Cat GIF

Anyone and everyone better leave Capcom alone!

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
How is this a pointless fight? If jim had given up last year, the regulators would have probably approved this without very little concessions as there would not have been strong opposition. Sony are it's biggest opposition and have forced microsoft to offer more then they would have given, otherwise microsft would hold all the cards and steam rolled them.

I don't understand this whole sony needs to move on why? Because sony can't fight this acquisition and run their buisness at the same time? Sony is a massive organisation they can do those 2 things at once.

Again saying the deal is gonna be approved without hearing anything from the CMA is taking talking points from twitter, why do you think CMA asked third parties like sony for a response after the removal of the console SLC? As a joke? They asked cause they are still looking for evidence that market could still be harmed by this acquisition. At present they are still preferring divestiture or prohibiton as there preferred remedies, that could change obviously but that is their current stance.

You guys really need to stay away from twitter and other shill forums, this is the problem.

The forums and twitter definitely are not representative of reality.... but unfortunately people here are not the only ones that take it to mean more than it does.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Jim Ryan could have done some counter measurements instead of fighting a pointless fight. As it seems the deal will be approved, so Sony needs to move on.

In this time they could have bought Square Enix, and maybe later Capcom. Would have been perfect while Microsoft is stuck with ABK. They could have easily used ABK as an argument for buying Square Enix and Capcom.
Jim Ryan should've gone directly to Nadella and proposed this:
"Kill Xbox and we'll allow a modified version of Gamepass that includes only MS games on PlayStation. Once you are not a direct competitor we could use Azure as our cloud solution going forward instead of Amazon or Google."

Dumb fuck Sony CEO went behind PlayStation's back to partner with MS/Azure and undermined their position. So far Sony has been at fault way more than Jim Ryan and the guys at PlayStation.

Last edited:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Dumb fuck Sony CEO went behind PlayStation's back to partner with MS/Azure and undermined their position.
Sony's PlayStation division is being hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS). I am convinced that Sony will after all this serious fighting with MS, canceling all their contracts with Microsoft for Azure. They will probably team up and rely on Google or Amazon as provider for Cloud Services.

• they're_right_you_know
  • thisistheway
Reactions: Umar and Nhomnhom

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
How is this a pointless fight? If jim had given up last year, the regulators would have probably approved this without very little concessions as there would not have been strong opposition. Sony are it's biggest opposition and have forced microsoft to offer more then they would have given, otherwise microsft would hold all the cards and steam rolled them.

I don't understand this whole sony needs to move on why? Because sony can't fight this acquisition and run their buisness at the same time? Sony is a massive organisation they can do those 2 things at once.

Again saying the deal is gonna be approved without hearing anything from the CMA is taking talking points from twitter, why do you think CMA asked third parties like sony for a response after the removal of the console SLC? As a joke? They asked cause they are still looking for evidence that market could still be harmed by this acquisition. At present they are still preferring divestiture or prohibiton as there preferred remedies, that could change obviously but that is their current stance.

You guys really need to stay away from twitter shills and other shill forums, this is the problem.
Well I am not convinced that CMA will block or demand from Microsoft to divest certain parts. This turnaround is pretty strange…
All this western regulators are corrupt. I am just saying this would have been effort for nothing if they will still approve it.

Honestly I don’t look what Microsoft shills do write, on Twitter I did mute this losers long ago. And Reset or GAF I don’t visit, for the sake of not getting worked up.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Jim Ryan should've gone directly to Nadella and proposed this:
"Kill Xbox and we'll allow a modified version of Gamepass that includes only MS games on PlayStation. Once you are not a direct competitor we could use Azure as our cloud solution going forward instead of Amazon or Google."

Dumb fuck Sony CEO went behind PlayStation's back to partner with MS/Azure and undermined their position. So far Sony has been at fault way more than Jim Ryan and the guys at PlayStation.

Yup, when I saw that I was like 'What THE FUCK is he doing? and he had a big dumb smile on him, like a farmer who had been allowed into the country club or some shit....

It was embarrassing, undermined all of PlayStation and the years of shit they pulled.... all for what? For some accountant to be pictured with Nadella...
I said on Gaf that he sold out PlayStation there and I got a perm ban for it (after my glorious return)...saying it was a conspiracy theory.... I wasn't far off. The whole thing stank.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well I am not convinced that CMA will block or demand from Microsoft to divest certain parts. This turnaround is pretty strange…
All this western regulators are corrupt. I am just saying this would have been effort for nothing if they will still approve it.

Honestly I don’t look what Microsoft shills do write, on Twitter I did mute this losers long ago. And Reset or GAF I don’t visit, for the sake of not getting worked up.

He did need to fight it though, keep it delayed at the very least. I mean, he fought the right fight IMO.

If he didn't fight we would be calling for his head...

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony's PlayStation division is being hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS). I am convinced that Sony will after all this serious fighting with MS, canceling all their contracts with Microsoft for Azure. They will probably team up and rely on Google or Amazon as provider for Cloud Services.
Good. Better late than never, the fact that they were pretending that MS was friendly until just the other day is absurd. As long as Xbox exist MS needs to be seen as hostile to Sony main business. MS has now clearly shown their true colors (if it wasn't obvious before).

From the first Xbox until the Series/Gamepass, everything has been about MS trying to destroy the PlayStation business.

There is no shame in fighting it and it was already worth it.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yup, when I saw that I was like 'What THE FUCK is he doing? and he had a big dumb smile on him, like a farmer who had been allowed into the country club or some shit....

It was embarrassing, undermined all of PlayStation and the years of shit they pulled.... all for what? For some accountant to be pictured with Nadella...
I said on Gaf that he sold out PlayStation there and I got a perm ban for it (after my glorious return)...saying it was a conspiracy theory.... I wasn't far off. The whole thing stank.
They should really think about using stadia as there cloud platform i swear google said they would still offer that as a solution to third parties maybe i am misremembering, and dump azure(assuming that's what they are using now). Stadia tech is legit, even though google couldn't create viable platform out of it but that's a seperate issue.

Reactions: Umar and Bryank75

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
No Way Cat GIF

Anyone and everyone better leave Capcom alone!

I have nothing but whole-hearted appreciation for your cat GIFs.

Also, agreed on Capcom. And not just them, it would be preferable for as many game companies to stay independent as possible.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
They should really think about using stadia as there cloud platform and dump azure(assuming that's what they are using now). Stadia tech is legit, even though google couldn't createa viable platform out of it but that's a seperate issue.

I don't believe in cloud gaming at all... I think it is a huge mistake for gaming to go that direction.

Sony's expertise is in hardware and electronics, they leverage their experience as one of the greatest consumer electronics companies ever and a formidable creative company in movies, tv and music....and now anime.

They need to focus on what they are known for.... to keep growing their thing and not be lead into areas where other companies out-muscle them or where Sony becomes dependent on others...that would be a huge misstep as a strategy imo.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Overall, Final Fantasy 13 was a great game that pushed the boundaries of what was possible in terms of graphics and storytelling, and its unique combat system added an extra layer of excitement to the gameplay.

However, the game received some unfair criticism at the time of its release. Some players found the game too linear and criticized the lack of exploration, but this was intentional as the game's narrative was meant to be a more focused experience. Additionally, the game's story was complex and required attention to detail, which some players may have found difficult to follow.

The game's graphics were some of the best of its time, with beautiful landscapes and detailed character models that brought the world of Cocoon to life. The story was also a strong point of the game, with memorable characters and an intricate plot that kept players engaged from beginning to end.

Additionally, Final Fantasy 13's combat system was innovative and fun to play. The game's "Paradigm Shift" system allowed players to switch between roles in battle, such as healer or attacker, which added a layer of strategy to battles.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I don't believe in cloud gaming at all... I think it is a huge mistake for gaming to go that direction.

Sony's expertise is in hardware and electronics, they leverage their experience as one of the greatest consumer electronics companies ever and a formidable creative company in movies, tv and music....and now anime.

They need to focus on what they are known for.... to keep growing their thing and not be lead into areas where other companies out-muscle them or where Sony becomes dependent on others...that would be a huge misstep as a strategy imo.
Yeah i'm not a fan of cloud gaming either tbh, i hope it just stays as a secondary option. I only use it for games that i don't care about the performance or visuals occasionally.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Overall, Final Fantasy 13 was a great game that pushed the boundaries of what was possible in terms of graphics and storytelling, and its unique combat system added an extra layer of excitement to the gameplay.

However, the game received some unfair criticism at the time of its release. Some players found the game too linear and criticized the lack of exploration, but this was intentional as the game's narrative was meant to be a more focused experience. Additionally, the game's story was complex and required attention to detail, which some players may have found difficult to follow.

The game's graphics were some of the best of its time, with beautiful landscapes and detailed character models that brought the world of Cocoon to life. The story was also a strong point of the game, with memorable characters and an intricate plot that kept players engaged from beginning to end.

Additionally, Final Fantasy 13's combat system was innovative and fun to play. The game's "Paradigm Shift" system allowed players to switch between roles in battle, such as healer or attacker, which added a layer of strategy to battles.

JRPG's became very out of fashion when 360 was the console in the lead, I think people forget that....and it wasn't anything to do with how good or bad the games were, MISFT / Xbox just controlled what was in focus very well and made some things far less popular on purpose.

It has always been the way with Xbox, they want gaming to be centred around american culture and american companies, so they have full control. It's not about art or different experiences, it's all about control and monetization.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Jim Ryan needs to go asap!
He only cares about Call of Duty. Playstation fanboys are praising him as a hero but I am seeing him only damaging Sony’s reputation. If he is allowed to continue to rule over PlayStation division, he will drag Sony into the abyss.

We need a Japanese CEO back at the top of SIE.
Jim Ryan: 'Our Business Would Never Recover' If Microsoft Degraded Call of Duty on PlayStation
This statement is pretty desperate by him, I hope Sony fires him after ABK is closed. We need Urata Keiichiro as CEO. View attachment 977
I'll refer to a post I made in another topic concerning the whole "throwing their devs under the bus" narrative that's been going around.

I've seen the whole "Sony are throwing their devs under the bus and admitting they suck" narrative pop up over this COD fight a lot recently and it's disingenuous as fuck. Not wanting to lose the benefits an independent COD gives them doesn't mean they think their devs are incompetent, that's a dumb argument to make. I'd much rather their devs make what they actually want to make than be pressured to drop everything to try and replace COD, as the end result of a project the devs actually care about is typically much better.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They should really think about using stadia as there cloud platform i swear google said they would still offer that as a solution to third parties maybe i am misremembering, and dump azure(assuming that's what they are using now). Stadia tech is legit, even though google couldn't create viable platform out of it but that's a seperate issue.
They should think about letting Google or Amazon invest a good chunk of money on PlayStation and then do a mutually beneficial partnership for cloud/server infrastructure.

This would be the end of any advantage MS has in the gaming business and would give Sony all the money they need to protect their position. Just like Sony owns 15% of FromSoftware and 5% of Epic, Google/Amazon owning 20% of PlayStation would work just fine. All the money that would come in would be reinvested on PlayStation to strengthen their position and to answer the recent aggressive moves made by MS.

If Sony ever started playing the same game MS would quit because all they have going on for them right now is the money coming in from other divisions and the Azure synergy.

Sony needs to either backup PlayStation themselves or allow PlayStation to find the partner they need to fight this or else the PlayStation division that right is now Sony most valuable asset will have it's value destroyed once their dominant position on the console space is challenged by a company willing to outspend them.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
JRPG's became very out of fashion when 360 was the console in the lead, I think people forget that....and it wasn't anything to do with how good or bad the games were, MISFT / Xbox just controlled what was in focus very well and made some things far less popular on purpose.

It has always been the way with Xbox, they want gaming to be centred around american culture and american companies, so they have full control. It's not about art or different experiences, it's all about control and monetization.
During the Xbox 360 days, Microsoft was trying to make their console the go-to choice for gamers. They wanted to promote games that were more popular with western audiences, which meant games that were super Japanese or niche were often ignored. As a result, JRPGs that were only available on PlayStation 3 didn't get as much attention, even though they were really popular and well-liked by fans.

This wasn't helped by the media, who often catered to western gaming tastes and didn't give JRPGs the same amount of coverage as other genres. This made people think that JRPGs weren't as cool or as good as other types of games, which made it harder for them to sell in the west.

This had a big impact on the sales of JRPGs and other Japanese companies. They weren't able to reach as many people, and as a result, their games didn't sell as well as they could have. It was kind of a bummer for fans of JRPGs, this is why i will never trust Microsoft or buy one of their products.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
My controversial gaming opinion is that 99% of old games are overrated, they might have been good for their time but they suck now, it's like people who still think Seinfeld is peak comedy when it's just weird and cringe and people didn't know better at the time. I love final fantasy 1 and have gone back for multiple playthroughs through the years and I can admit that the only reason I still like it is because a portion of my brain was imprinted with it during my childhood. There are very few games that still hold up.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman