Your Unpopular(?) Gaming Opinions thread

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don't think pc is inferior or superior to console. There are plenty of ways that it is superior, but there are also plenty of drawbacks. If you want to only play on console, fine. That doesn't discount pc as a gaming platform, and to be honest console can't do certain genres of game very well, so can you REALLY call it a superior platform?

The strongest point about consoles is how much extra polish a dedicated studio can put into making a game for a single hardware spec. However, that advantage can be overcome with brute force, as long as pc hardware makers continue to innovate. Console has no current alternative to DLSS upscaling - FSR and checkerboarding/TAA are in most cases noticeably inferior in image quality. However, console achieves the dream of plug-and-play more consistently than on PC (although not quite, since the true expression of pnp is when you can plug in any peripheral device, whereas the support on consoles is generally limited).

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
First line of this thread is "Anything goes, from consoles and companies to developers and games."

"Sony's entire console business is dependent on COD. When Microsoft acquires Activision, the countdown begins and Playstation has 10 years left."

This sentiment comes DIRECTLY from Jim Ryan himself... and you cowards here want to delete my posts? Is that statement too controversial for this forum? Give me a god damn break..

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
First line of this thread is "Anything goes, from consoles and companies to developers and games."

"Sony's entire console business is dependent on COD. When Microsoft acquires Activision, the countdown begins and Playstation has 10 years left."

This sentiment comes DIRECTLY from Jim Ryan himself... and you cowards here want to delete my posts? Is that statement too controversial for this forum? Give me a god damn break..
Bro, you seem like the perfect candidate to get banned. If there was a ban championship, you would always be in first place.

Reactions: Box

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Bro, you seem like the perfect candidate to get banned. If there was a ban championship, you would always be in first place.
It's pretty lame to delete posts which are completely harmless in a thread of "controversial opinions"... especially when the CEO of the company is the one making the argument I posted...

Reactions: Johnic

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
It's pretty lame to delete posts which are completely harmless in a thread of "controversial opinions"... especially when the CEO of the company is the one making the argument I posted...
Post it again. I didn't see them.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
REDFall will Win Game of the Year with a Metacritic Score of 94%

Happy How Are You GIF by Apple Music

• haha
Reactions: Muddasar

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games ever made.

Yet a Shit Resident Evil.

Abomination to the series which led to RE5 and RE6.

Turning RE into Action horror.
You have no idea how much I agree. It's the most overrated RE game and it's the one that killed the series at the time.

Elden Ring is one of the most overrated games ever created. A lot of blind faith went into reviewing the game, to the point that blatant issues were ignored. If this wasn't a FromSoft game, it would have been torn apart by fans and critics alike.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

You rant like a 12 year old, and your understanding of the corporate world follows suit.

While I disagree with Jim Ryan's strategy on a lot of things, he has a fiduciary duty to the shareholders to defend his company. That means he has to try everything to block this merger.

It's amazing how small your brain is when you keep acting as if reason and arguments are on your side.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
You have no idea how much I agree. It's the most overrated RE game and it's the one that killed the series at the time.

Elden Ring is one of the most overrated games ever created. A lot of blind faith went into reviewing the game, to the point that blatant issues were ignored. If this wasn't a FromSoft game, it would have been torn apart by fans and critics alike.

I think a lot of people don't remember that Capcom was on the cusp of cancelling RE after RE3 and Code Veronica didn't do as well as expected. Also, the formula from the initial games was already wearing thin for many people at the time. RE4 had to be a hit or there would no longer be RE. That was the problem facing Shinji Mikami and the rest of the team.

Imo, RE4 is not only one of the greatest games of all time - it's a great RE game. The idea that RE should stay a static, tried and true formula is what almost killed the series in the first place and I appreciate the different approaches with the various games.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
You rant like a 12 year old, and your understanding of the corporate world follows suit.

While I disagree with Jim Ryan's strategy on a lot of things, he has a fiduciary duty to the shareholders to defend his company. That means he has to try everything to block this merger.

It's amazing how small your brain is when you keep acting as if reason and arguments are on your side.
You need to get a life and stop taking everything that's posted here so serious.

That said... Jim Ryan LITERALLY said that.. Doesn't matter what his fiduciary responsibilities are to his shareholders... it's complete bullshit, and I'm making fun of it as anyone with a brain should be. Don't get mad about it.. we know Sony will be ok!

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
You need to get a life and stop taking everything that's posted here so serious.

That said... Jim Ryan LITERALLY said that.. Doesn't matter what his fiduciary responsibilities are to his shareholders... it's complete bullshit, and I'm making fun of it as anyone with a brain should be. Don't get mad about it.. we know Sony will be ok!
You said this

Sony's entire console business is dependent on COD. When Microsoft acquires Activision, the countdown begins and Playstation has 10 years left.

That's literally what he said? Where are you getting the quote from?

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
You said this

That's literally what he said? Where are you getting the quote from?

“Any degradation in the price, performance, or quality of play on PlayStation or any delays on release would quickly harm SIE’s reputation and cause a loss of engagement and of players,” said PlayStation’s statement.

“As SIE’s CEO, Jim Ryan, explained to the CMA at the Remedies Hearing, if PlayStation received a degraded version of Call of Duty, it would “seriously damage our reputation. Our gamers would desert our platform in droves and network effects would exacerbate the problem. Our business would never recover.”

He's saying all that regarding getting a slightly degraded version of the game.... We can infer that after 10 years, if MS removed COD from PS... clearly that would mean everyone would leave and PS would be finished. 🤷‍♂️

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
“Any degradation in the price, performance, or quality of play on PlayStation or any delays on release would quickly harm SIE’s reputation and cause a loss of engagement and of players,” said PlayStation’s statement.

“As SIE’s CEO, Jim Ryan, explained to the CMA at the Remedies Hearing, if PlayStation received a degraded version of Call of Duty, it would “seriously damage our reputation. Our gamers would desert our platform in droves and network effects would exacerbate the problem. Our business would never recover.”

He's saying all that regarding getting a slightly degraded version of the game.... We can infer that after 10 years, if MS removed COD from PS... clearly that would mean everyone would leave and PS would be finished. 🤷‍♂️
You clearly have reading comprehension issues, no where did he say "everyone would leave" and "PS would be finished"

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
You clearly have reading comprehension issues, no where did he say "everyone would leave" and "PS would be finished"
Yes he did. "our gamers would desert out platform in droves" "we'd never recover"

Basically, COD being inferior would cause irreparable harm... and removal of COD outright would spell the end of Playstation. 🤷‍♂️

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yes he did. "our gamers would desert out platform in droves" "we'd never recover"

Basically, COD being inferior would cause irreparable harm... and removal of COD outright would spell the end of Playstation. 🤷‍♂️
Gamers leaving the platform or we would never recover does not mean everyone leaves and ps is finished as you concluded.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Obviously Jim Ryan is gonna exaggerate since he doesn’t want the deal to go through.

He isn’t gonna say everything is fine and it won’t affect Sony.

Reality is COD makes Sony 300 million a year in a total out of 25 billion revenue a year.

Sony on average has over 100 million plus console users.

Each COD sells 20-25 million on average on every platform combined.

Even being generous around 10 million play on Playstation.

Even if all those 10 million leave which won’t be the case, what makes you think it will affect Sony who have 100 million customers?

The PS1 and PS2 didn’t need COD to destroy the competition and even the PS3 with inferior versions of COD outsold the Xbox 360.

If anything it is Activision which will lose more since the likes of EA will simply fill the void if Sony doesn’t do it themselves.

Honestly you Xbox fanboys are something else.

Did Sony hurt you personally that you are more keen on Playstation vanishing than Xbox having something to play.