Your Unpopular(?) Gaming Opinions thread

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Is this why you're hanging out here? To get people upset?

You could be such a good poster, though.

Please reconsider your attitude towards others.
No, not specifically. I can't control how people respond to what I consider mild ribbing of a company.. I mean we're in a thread specifically calling for controversial opinions.. and still some people can't seem to check their feelings at the door.

I could shit on Xbox all day on this forum, keeping the same level of aggressiveness or even more so, and everyone would laugh and agree with me and it would be totally fine. And you know.. I would shit on Xbox more on this forum, as they definitely deserve it at times, but there's already so much of it here... it's too easy. Unlike some people, I can admit when Xbox does something right, or creates a good value for something, or whatever the case may be. I can drop the act and have a reasonable conversation about Playstation at any time.. but some people truly can't.. it's just constant Xbox hate all the time...

Perhaps the prominent people here are just blind to it because they're used to everyone else simply agreeing with them or not ever challenging them in any way..

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Lol which ‘good value” did Microsoft create the last decade?
They have only one goal: Getting the crown of gaming into their hands, so they can push forward their shady schemings.
Microsoft is trying to ruin our hobby, that’s why many of us despising them. Microsoft is only about monopolies, like their entire history!
Microsoft is a shady and greedy company. Now I have said it.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Controversial truth: PCMR and Xbots are the same people. Like lovers, they always have each other backs against the Playstation Pony Stadium.

Proof: VFXvet, DonJuan,Remi and DynamiteC having gangbangs with Adamsapple, Bernd and Craig of War in plain sight here on Icon.

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Nene GIF by Bravo TV

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Controversial truth: PCMR and Xbots are the same people. Like lovers, they always have each other backs against the Playstation Pony Stadium.

Proof: VFXvet, DonJuan,Remi and DynamiteC having gangbangs with Adamsapple, Bernd and Craig of War in plain sight here on Icon.

it is not controversial, at all.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Real PCMR don't gaf about consoles, they're playing factorio at 300fps. The "pcmr" you're referring to are xbots who bought pcs because they couldn't keep pretending xbox was good.

OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I perfer microtransactions to a point. Sometimes life is just so busy, I don't mind paying a bit of money to get something quicker, as an option.
What I have massive amounts of problems with is the idea of grinding skill trees that permeates nearly all games, where gameplay itself is hampered to "encourage" those purchases instead. Because then, even if you chose not to spend mtx, you're still hamstrung by that grinding design choice.
I hate that, but I prefer it to the more modern lootboxes/timed store carousel that some games have. That's not how to maximize player engagement over time ffs. They don't even let you make a judgment call on an mtx's worth properly, it's just "here's the shit in the shop window right now" or "here's a random grab bag"

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022

Whoa whoa relax..
52805766978_e583654b7a_o.png

Xbox is like the idiot cousin we have to stand up for sometimes. La MS Familia creed
52804760597_19881a02db_o.png

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
No, not specifically. I can't control how people respond to what I consider mild ribbing of a company.. I mean we're in a thread specifically calling for controversial opinions.. and still some people can't seem to check their feelings at the door.

I could shit on Xbox all day on this forum, keeping the same level of aggressiveness or even more so, and everyone would laugh and agree with me and it would be totally fine. And you know.. I would shit on Xbox more on this forum, as they definitely deserve it at times, but there's already so much of it here... it's too easy. Unlike some people, I can admit when Xbox does something right, or creates a good value for something, or whatever the case may be. I can drop the act and have a reasonable conversation about Playstation at any time.. but some people truly can't.. it's just constant Xbox hate all the time...

Perhaps the prominent people here are just blind to it because they're used to everyone else simply agreeing with them or not ever challenging them in any way..

Interesting, very interesting.

OP
OP
ksdixon

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I do hate both quick time events and contextual fill-up bars. When given the option I turn those to hold vs bash or qte auto hit. I'd just rather they be cutscenes or an in-game canned animations...

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Gamers are generally why video games aren't taken seriously as art. Gaming is the only "art" medium that not only has an expiration date (the state of game preservation is a joke), but where people legitimately don't give a damn about historical significance/creator intent, and see older games as something that needs to be fixed or replaced.

It's also unfortunate that major corporations have such a strangle-hold on the medium.

To be the devils advocate, The main issue is licensing, the copyright holder behind one piece of technology or the owner of the song might not want to allow for a re release to happen, it can be very messy. Sometimes the copyright holders no longer exist or you have the situation with the developer behind the Simpsons Hit and Run going bankrupt and the Simpsons licence going to a different company. Final Fantasy 8 and Sonic 3 didn't get re released for years because of copyright from one single song.

Video games are a lot more complex than movies, we also have unique hardware like the Nintendo DS that are almost impossible to accurately bring to modern hardware.

• brain
Reactions: laynelane

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Ratchet And Clank 1 was the only good one in the whole series, As for the story, I feel like the first game had a great mix of simple yet engaging plotlines with memorable characters. The later games just got too convoluted and focused too much on fan service.

And don't even get me started on the tone. The first game had a perfect blend of humor and action, but the later games leaned too much into the humor and became too childish. It just wasn't as fun anymore.

Overall, I think GamingBritShow makes some really good points about how the series lost its edge

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

point-break-aim.gif

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
it's just constant Xbox hate all the time...

Whispers: "it is ok to hate things, brands do not have feelings"

IMG_1245.JPG

People need to realize that a group hating a brand does not mean you cannot enjoy that brand. But feeling angry because that group is talking shit about it, that is an issue - yours, not from the group.

Yours truly,
Zeroing, IconEra self appointed therapist and meme generator.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Whispers: "it is ok to hate things, brands do not have feelings"

View attachment 987

People need to realize that a group hating a brand does not mean you cannot enjoy that brand. But feeling angry because that group is talking shit about it, that is an issue - yours, not from the group.

Yours truly,
Zeroing, IconEra self appointed therapist and meme generator.

Now say it like you are Yoda

• haha
Reactions: Zeroing