YTD: PS5 14.5 m; NSW 9.91 m; X/S ~ 4.15 m

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
From the earnings call

So without Activision they would still be expecting growth of about 5% or more in content and services, and overall growth of +10% thanks to hardware growth.

They don't need Activision to grow but obviously it wouldn't be nearly +50%
FALSE

Another bit of creative wording from MS. Numbers don't lie.
Game Pass is profitable and Xbox as a whole is profitable.
False
Yet you still act like Game Pass is destructive (it isn't)
It is.
Here's a few articles detailing what streaming did to film and TV media profits. There have been dozens written.
Game economics make even less sense.

Filthy shill.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
FALSE

Another bit of creative wording from MS. Numbers don't lie.

False

It is.
Here's a few articles detailing of what streaming did to film and TV media profits. There have been dozens written.
Game economics make even less sense.

Filthy shill.
When he claims Game Pass isn’t destructive even though Phil Spencer testified in court that it is, you know he’s both a shill and a complete and utter dent.

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
You guys need to calm down and take a look at the operating profits of video game companies.

Nintendo is currently leading in 2023 with $2.72 billion profits despite Switch's selling less than PS5 while PlayStation is still trailing Activision Blizzard half year result despite 3 months advantage.

Really insane achievement by Nintendo after 5 consecutive years of being the most profitable gaming console manufacturer with Switch.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Inappropriate language
You guys need to calm down and take a look at the operating profits of video game companies.

Nintendo is currently leading in 2023 with $2.72 billion profits despite Switch's selling less than PS5 while PlayStation is still trailing Activision Blizzard half year result despite 3 months advantage.

Really insane achievement by Nintendo after 5 consecutive years of being the most profitable gaming console manufacturer with Switch.
Go lick Iwata’s taint, fantard.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Wow Nintendo made more profit in a year than Xbox has made in its entire existence. Was that your point? Good point. Oh but so did PlayStation.

• they're_right_you_know

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Thanks for the useless info, sleepy.

• fire

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Nintendo has made more profits with Nintendo Switch than the entire gaming consoles and handhelds from Microsoft (Xbox+Xbox360+Xbox1+Xbox Series X/S) and Sony(PS1+PS2+PS3+PSP+PS4+PSV+PS5) combined.
No Way Meme GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Open your calculator and do some maths.
bDgkKek.jpg

nhQkXbh.jpg

Nintendo CY2022 - $4 billion
Nintendo CY2023 - $2.72 billion(9 months)

SIE CY2022 - $2.2 billion
SIE CY2023 - $0.991 billion(9 months)
Yes, SIE had important related costs due to spending several billions on acquisitions (mainly Bungie), investments and growing their internal teams, which affected their profitability during CY22 and 23. They said these costs from Bungie and other previous acquisitions will be around 20% lower next FY. They also had multiple hardware/accesories releases -as PSVR2- during this period, which also requires heavy investment in R&D and marketing costs.

Nintendo obviously didn't do things like that during that period, so they were able to get more profits even if they generated way less revenue than SIE.

Last edited:

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
The Brazil numbers are official. Ampere had estimated XBS at 21.3M back in March.

My numbers are shipped.

Xbox has sold ~1.25M in the US in the 6 months after March 2023. Ampere estimated Xbox sold 1.8M in Q1 2023 (19.5M as of December 2022). US sales were ~720K, or 40% of worldwide that quarter.

Assuming US was 50% for April to September, that would mean 2.5M Xbox's have been sold. 21.3M + 2.5M = 23.8M

My shipment LTD for XBS is 25.8M, or just 2M unsold units, which is average right before the holidays.

Nah I've been about spot on for most of the XBS life.

We have the total of 5 of the first 6 quarters for XBS and my estimates were near spot on for those.

4.6M actual shipments in first two quarters.
My estimates were 3.1M + 1.5M = 4.6M, so spot on.

And then 7.8M actual shipments for quarters 4+5+6.
My estimates for those quarters were 7.9M, so I was only 100K higher than actual.

There's then the LTD shipments I had at the end of 2022 which was proven to be more accurate after Ampere adjusted XBS sell through up by 1M.

My numbers aren't going to be off by an egregious amount.

I think it was at the start of the year we decided to create a theme for each platform's big exclusive that we thought would launch this year. Zelda, Starfield, and Spider-Man.

Series X shortages ended in the US back in June. You guys are still harping on that like I'm saying it's still sold out.
how shit tastes on you mouth? because everytime i see you on any forum you are eating a lot

• haha

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

why arent u banned yet? thats the only question i have here

Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Is this amount of stress really good for a diabetic? It's not worth it, my man. MS doesn't even know you exist, why would you put yourself through this for them?

• haha

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I have to ask, does shilling come with health benefits and a 401k?
Nah, they just get small perks.