After the Direct who really cares about Xbox going third party? Let's talk. Rate the Direct.

What would you rate the Direct?

• Total voters

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
A- for me.

5 games shown. 4 games will be played and completed for a percentage of 80% which is by far the highest I have had from any showcase this generation. Excellent show for me and far better than last year. Can't wait until the Showcase in June! Oh man!!! Let's go!!! 😂

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Was just thinking about the anti-third party narrative and realised two of the core arguments are contradictory.
1. "If Xbox gets out of the console market Sony will have a monopoly and we need a new competitor."
2. "Consoles are dying and Sony will also go third party."

If consoles are dying there isn't need for competition since anti-competitive consoles will die faster as consumers write them off. If Sony needs a new competitor, because it is in such a strong position that everyone will be forced to buy playstation, how can they be forced to go third party?

No rhyme or reason to the arguments, just cope.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
A- for me.

5 games shown. 4 games will be played and completed for a percentage of 80% which is by far the highest I have had from any showcase this generation. Excellent show for me and far better than last year. Can't wait until the Showcase in June! Oh man!!! Let's go!!! 😂
So you love Xbox we get it!

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
A- for me.

Just curious: which game will you NOT play?

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Was just thinking about the anti-third party narrative and realised two of the core arguments are contradictory.
1. "If Xbox gets out of the console market Sony will have a monopoly and we need a new competitor."
2. "Consoles are dying and Sony will also go third party."

If consoles are dying there isn't need for competition since anti-competitive consoles will die faster as consumers write them off. If Sony needs a new competitor, because it is in such a strong position that everyone will be forced to buy playstation, how can they be forced to go third party?

No rhyme or reason to the arguments, just cope.
It would be fine with me if Playstation just was the defacto console for current-gen gaming. That's basically what it's always been. The problem is the hard reset on generations is too disruptive now. A really old, cheap PC can play some popular games of 2023/24. The minimum GPU requirement to play Dave the Diver came out in 2010. The minimum GPU to play Alan Wake 2 came out in 2019. The ability for game development to float within a wide, shifting median performance level is attractive. It's more compatible with the increasing duration of post-launch support (live service or not). Every gen gets worse and worse with publishers hesitant to cut over to the next generation. Milking the last generation is a cash cow.