All insomniac leaks including Wolverine cast, Venom game, all leaked games and budgets.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
If we consider 2023 to be "comparable" timewise with 2017, here's what we have:

PS4
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Horizon Zero Dawn The Frozen Wilds
  • Knack II
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
PS5
  • Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

PS4
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Knack II
PS5
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
We also used to get way more third-party exclusives (both published by PlayStation and those that just skiped Xbox by default). There was also no PC ports so those exclusive were even more valuable to the PS4.

Reactions: toadsage44

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
  • Marvel's Venom in Fall 2025
  • Marvel's Wolverine in Fall 2026
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 3 in Fall 2028
  • New Ratchet & Clank in Fall 2029
  • Marvel's X-Men in Fall 2030
  • New IP in 2031/2032
2031/2032 till i get to see new resistance or new ip from insomniac

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Gona be honest im begining to get the superhero fatique after spiderman 2

Venom and Wolverine will be the last superhero insomniac game il buy for now ( excluding rachet il get that game too)
Resistance is dead bruh, get over it. Lol There hasn’t been a new one since 2011.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I would more than welcome a similar leak from all other Sony studios, not gonna lie (minus the personal employees information).

Never before were events like E3 2015/E3 2016 or the early PlayStation Showcases needed. They want us to be invested on this ecosystem without bothering to tell us why.
I just want to know what Cory is working on. Lol

Reactions: Luffy123

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

PS4
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Knack II
PS5
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
To be fair, was there not a news article a bit back that spoke about Game development cycles, that not only were game budgets much more expensive but so were the size, scope and technical requirements for the games.

Games are naturally just becoming harder to create and take much longer because of the demands?

Also just out of curiosity, does covid and its limitations of working from home etc factor into the analysis of what has been released?

I am not trying to argue against your points, just trying to understand if there are more factors involved in it.

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Same, I also hope it doesn't get canceled before we see it like the other time SSM tried to make a new IP.
Doubt it. This is Cory’s passion project. That SSM had shaky leadership at the studio, and I’m sure the game at this point has too much money invested into it.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Doubt it. This is Cory’s passion project. That SSM had shaky leadership at the studio, and I’m sure the game at this point has too much money invested into it.
Stig went on to develop Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, hardly what I would call shaky leadership.

Sony was very impatient with development time back in the day and trigger happy on cancelling games and closing studios.

They just canceled TLoU Part 2 multiplayer game after 4+ years of development from their most renowned studio, nothing is off the table.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Resistance is dead bruh, get over it. Lol There hasn’t been a new one since 2011.
Well..hopefully not...

Shees...felt like im the only one here who play resistance game regularly on ps3?

Most of u guys here start gaming on ps4?

Feels old fam...

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
In the last image, anyone feels like these revenue estimates/copies sold are sandbagging by a lot? It doesn't seem very likely that Insomniac would expect to only sell 10.5M lifetime Spider-Man 2 copies. Of course now, those targets really don't make sense knowing the game is currently 5M+ in 11 days pretty much means it's going to zoom past that. But yeah, even internally, surely they expected way more especially the way Spider-Man 1 and Miles Morales sold.

Seems like whoever made these slides for whatever internal presentation was extremely conservative. I do understand that conservative estimates is something financially responsible that protects the bottom line though.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Well..hopefully not...

Shees...felt like im the only one here who play resistance game regularly on ps3?

Most of u guys here start gaming on ps4?

Feels old fam...
I own the original Resistance. It was really good. I wish Insomniac can go back to it, I would reboot it. Sony could use a game like that in their portfolio. But Insomniac doesn‘t want to. Ted Price said they’re done. Bend wanted to reboot it, but Sony foolishly said no.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
How do people saying it’s real on trashera not see the Insomniac Games logo? FUD glasses must be too big to see anything.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Games are naturally just becoming harder to create and take much longer because of the demands?
That is a choice, see Nintendo.

Sony has plenty of IPs and games that could've been used to fill the gaps between these massive AAA games.

Most of the studios they closed over the years of chose not to secure are sorely missed now.

The idea to pivot to AAA GaaS is demented. That is how we lost TLoU Part 2 multiplayer mode and got a 2023 year with a single traditional game release from them.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Also just out of curiosity, does covid and its limitations of working from home etc factor into the analysis of what has been released?

I am not trying to argue against your points, just trying to understand if there are more factors involved in it.

Covid of course had an impact, but when you have all your main studios tied to kiddie live service games, excuses will only take you so far. And I mean sony, not you you.

Next year will be even worse than this year, all because Jim Ryan is an incompetent dickwad that had/has Bend, Guerrilla, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, all working on live service games concurrent with their main SP offerings.

Live-service games take a lot more development time and hands, especially to maintain, than SP games. It's no wonder this gen is so fucked.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Covid of course had an impact, but when you have all your main studios tied to kiddie live service games, excuses will only take you so far. And I mean sony, not you you.

Next year will be even worse than this year, all because Jim Ryan is an incompetent dickwad that had/has Bend, Guerrilla, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, all working on live service games concurrent with their main SP offerings.

Live-service games take a lot more development time and hands, especially to maintain, than SP games. It's no wonder this gen is so fucked.
And if a studio actually manages to release a successful GaaS, that studio is the stuck to supporting it "forever" (see Rare, Valve, Epic, Activision, Blizzard).

We have seen this same story repeated over and over again, Sony is a platform holder that needs a consistent output of games. Momentum from past success can only last for so long.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Incredible how these bots had all their talking points and fake power point slides ready to go. Almost like it was coordinated. Almost like the sales discussion of Xbox collapsing world wide isnt in the headlines. Almost like sonys most efficient, valuable and best studio was the one that was targeted. Really makes you think huh.