All insomniac leaks including Wolverine cast, Venom game, all leaked games and budgets.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
A few more takeaways from this. All of these Spiderman games were actually "split in 2", as JER put it in the op. Spiderman 1 must have been planned with Miles as a next step if it was successful, Spiderman 2, with the benefit of this leak, was going to give us Venom all along and Spiderman 3 is gonna have, uh, something after it. Wolverine might end up being exactly the same, though this chart doesn't show it yet. There's certainly options, given that it is going to be expanded to a full X-Men game for the sequel.

Spiderman seems to be done and dusted after 3 (part 2). Thats when their contract with Disney/Marvel expires and it will likely cost loads to renew it. Thats a long way off and times can obviously change but hey, these guys (and most big studios, now, it seems) are planning shit a decade out in advance anyway.

Ratchet, the only game to actually take advantage of the PS5's unique capabilities, either lost money or is barely clawing its way to break even. And yet they are still going ahead with a new one. Probably a smart idea, in my opinion, a "kiddie game" has always been present in Sony's deck of cards in one way or another and is a useful thing to pull out now and again.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So it confirms 4 teams inside Insomniac:
  • Spider-Man 1/2/3 team
  • Morales/Wolverine/X-Men team
  • Ratchet team
  • New IP team
And this is before throwing Venom in the middle
No, there's 3 teams. Stop with the misinformation.
  • Spider-Man team [RED]
  • X-Men team [YELLOW]
  • New IP/Ratchet team [BLUE]
1D0e2GY.png

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Ratchet PC was expected to sell 800k and it only sold like 200k 😬

Sony really needs to revise their PC strategy 😬
Doing the user reviews x 25 estimate it says that Ratched sold around 200K so far until now. And will continue selling more during years, obviously. Where did they say they expect to sell 800K in PC? I didn't see that.

Regarding their sales expectation, I found this slide where they estimate 2.2M lifetime units. But for all games sound like PS estimates, maybe PS+PC estimates.

Kmzm2T9.jpeg

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Some research trashera did. That green rat saying he has the direct file. That’s the point. It was added. Hence it using an Insomniac Games background for Spider-Man.

🤦

Reactions: Luffy123

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
IGN must be one of those hired by MS’ crisis PR firms.

I can understand, and even agree with, IGN's decision to not directly show leaked images but man, it makes it really hard to parse out what they are actually talking about. Like, what time was this written, does it account for the Ubisoft agreement, etc. I suppose its natural to be fearful but, at least from the console perspective, the deal looks like a boondoggle to me. I don't see why Sony should be freaking out.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I mean a coemption buying your largest 3rd party publisher is definitely scary

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
No, and I'd urge people not to share here. It would lead the forum open to liability.

Huh? Everything else is already being posted. lol.

Not that i want it posted here. I would rather nothing be posted actually.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Sharing download links =/= sharing images found online.

Now that’s just semantics. A silly one.

“Hey I didn’t rob the grocery store I’m just eating the food the thieves dropped on the floor.”

You’re still supporting and benefiting what these people did while the company is the on that has to deal with it.

Come on dude.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Now that’s just semantics. A silly one.

“Hey I didn’t rob the grocery store I’m just eating the food the thieves dropped on the floor.”

You’re still supporting and benefiting what these people did while the company is the on that has to deal with it.

Come on dude.
No, that is not semantics. Sharing a download link opens the forum for liability. Sharing an image doesn't. There's a reason why forums and even reddit do not allow for download links to be shared.