Apparently Concord Cost Sony 400 million and was internally championed as future of playstation

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
News already spread on every major gaming websites about sony loses 400 million from concord on ign, gamespot, resetera, neogaf, youtube etc its not random anymore and company had to respond

If they dont respond it will leave a huge question mark among people

Everytime IGN spins some shit and dumb fans on forums doesnt mean Sony is gonna respond
They didnt respond to Wu Kong and many other lies

Game barely had any marketing either, 400m doesnt make sense

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Everytime IGN spins some shit and dumb fans on forums doesnt mean Sony is gonna respond
They didnt respond to Wu Kong and many other lies

Game barely had any marketing either, 400m doesnt make sense
The guy who break this news is colin moriarty who was always right about playstation leak in the past like project beast/bloodborne, ps will have robot dinosaur game (horizon zero dawn), ps4 and ps5 price tag, demon souls remake leak etc so id take this news have some credibility

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Even if 400m is fake and 4000 staff is fake... IT DOESNT MATTER.
Sony acts holier than god and never speaks to anyone. They should get off their high horse and start fucking being normal and talking to people.
As long as they stay quiet and only release these fake stiff state of plays, this is what they will get.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
IGN is corporate news media. It is not beneath Microsoft to buy goodwill and shade towards its competitors. That’s only news if you were born yesterday. The fanboys will then do it for free.

I’m a Bungie fan but over the years. When key talent leaves and does their own thing… I don’t see that as a selling point or endorsement. From 343i, to Firewalk, to Private Division — no good.

With that said… it’s become clearer to me that the general idea of what a game is needs the hand of a Jason Jones to keep an idea on course. It’s the team as a whole and its culture which pulls off success. It may also need the right captain.

Marathon is not a hero shooter. It has four classes… like destiny w/ stricter loadouts. (There are zero loadout restrictions in Destiny)

I have my skepticism about it… cuz Valorant is lame but I’ll stay a bit optimistic.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The guy who break this news is colin moriarty who was always right about playstation leak in the past like project beast/bloodborne, ps will have robot dinosaur game (horizon zero dawn), ps4 and ps5 price tag, demon souls remake leak etc so id take this news have some credibility

He’s not always right though.
Guy was dumb when PS4 Pro got revealed, said it didnt make any sense. Then when Xbox 1 X got announced he praised it.

Either way, 400million doesnt make sense and no evidence to suggest it. 200million was the number for Concord plus 2 other projects. Now its 400million lol, for 1 game, for that number of staff. Nah

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Colin Moriarty is solid, regardless of what people think of his opinions.

You guys need to stop entering in denial every time there's negative news about Sony.

150 veteran devs coming from Bungie living in one of the US's most expensive cities will cost hundreds of millions, and so will contractors after those veterans fail to reach their milestones because they're too busy fighting capitalism on Twitter and reddit, or making presentations on how to give hugs.
I know you didn't quote my comment claiming I go into denial about Bad news about Sony as if I give FUCK about Sony when it comes to bad news.

I don't think the 400 million figure is true nor does it make sense. I don't see what the correlation between your post and my comment

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
OK I know this game is a woke garbage but I really don't believe this 400 millions budget

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If this is false reporting then sony can easily clarified the missinformation and made a statement

But instead they went radio silence which only means one thing
Why would you expect a Corporation to come out and clarify their budget for a game they just shutdown when they can try to right it off next fiscal year for a tax break.

Sometimes I really have to wonder about the IQ levels here on this forum.

Reactions: Luffy123

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
We definitely need to see receipts.

I’m sure it was expensive. To both buy the studio and game from probably monsters.

The facial animation was way beyond what anyone else would put into a PvP game.

The budget for weekly cinematics, animation and voice work… may be included into this bloated number in some way.

But it’s still hard to see a PvP game being that expensive unless somehow this is an example of the extreme growing costs of working with western game devs.

(Looks at wukong)

money is going to be moving elsewhere… Sony still made the right play with these new partnerships with Asian game devs…. The DEI game devs of the west are clearly a fail — this year showed us that more than any.
I dunno why you guys who didn't play the game keep speaking on parts of it.

The weekly cinematics were literally just 2 minutes of characters sitting or standing in a static environment.

The first season of Cinematics would have amounted to no more than 15 minutes of footage. Wow... Soooo expensive given they had access to the Mocap studio Sony built for Sucker Punch in Washington.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
I dunno why you guys who didn't play the game keep speaking on parts of it.

The weekly cinematics were literally just 2 minutes of characters sitting or standing in a static environment.

The first season of Cinematics would have amounted to no more than 15 minutes of footage. Wow... Soooo expensive given they had access to the Mocap studio Sony built for Sucker Punch in Washington.

Some people genuinely think this cost this amount. There’s not saving discourse in this industry anymore, it’s so agenda fueled it’s ridiculous

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Some people genuinely think this cost this amount. There’s not saving discourse in this industry anymore, it’s so agenda fueled it’s ridiculous
I get it's just their way to shit on the game still. The game is dead but yet still the weirdos are still obsessed with it. It's actually kinda fascinating this thread has amassed almost the same amount of pages as the so called GOTY (Astrobot) OT in less than 24 hours

Just goes to show where gamers priorities are these days feign outrage.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Why would you expect a Corporation to come out and clarify their budget for a game they just shutdown when they can try to right it off next fiscal year for a tax break.

Sometimes I really have to wonder about the IQ levels here on this forum.
And youre no better either

Trying to debunked a story from legitimate playstation leaker but this time its just you without track record of credible source

Colin Moriarty vs Danja

Its a no brainer

Rather trust the first name

Sometime i really have to wonder about the IQ level here on this forum

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
And youre no better either

Thrying to debunked a story from legitimate playstation leaker but this time its just you without track record of credible source

Colin Moriarty vs Danja

Yeah i rather trust the first one

Sometime i really have to wonder about the IQ level here on this forum
Trying to debunk by commenting in a thread on a forum? The figure makes no sense? And that why even people who corroborated parts of his report made sure to state they didn't hear about the 400 million it was another figure.

Okay! Sorry I don't join confirmation bias and rather use logical thinking, maybe you should try it once in a while

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Maybe they are considering the future content update in that figure. GaaS need that steady flow of content or they die. And those west coast devs need their $20 Eretwon avocado toast while they virtue signal on Twitter. Game development 101

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Trying to debunk by commenting in a thread on a forum the figure makes no sense and that why even people who corroborated parts of his report made sure to state they didn't hear about the 400 million it was another figure.

Okay! Sorry I don't join confirmation bias and rather use logical thinking, maybe you should try it once in a while

Colin Moriarty vs Danja so far

Colin Moriarty leaks and prediction :

PS4 gona cost $400 : correct

Project Beast/ Bloodborne : correct

Ps gona have a brand new game its about a game with robotic dinosaur : correct

PS5 gona cost $500 : correct

Sony and Square Enix gona form a close partnership to remake one of the most beloved franchise ( FF7 remake) : correct

Demon Souls remake : correct

Concord cost sony $400 million : maybe correct too?

Vs

Danja prediction : Concord gona be the biggest game around and everyone hating this game in here gona eat their hats off ( WRONG, game deeead within 3 weeks which is a record)

Lol

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Colin Moriarty vs Danja so far

Colin Moriarty leaks and prediction :

PS4 gona cost $400 : correct

Project Beast/ Bloodborne : correct

Ps gona have a brand new game its about a game with robotic dinosaur : correct

PS5 gona cost $500 : correct

Sony and Square Enix gona form a close partnership to remake one of the most beloved franchise ( FF7 remake) : correct

Demon Souls remake : correct

Concord cost sony $400 million : maybe correct too?

Vs

Danja prediction : Concord gona be the biggest game around and everyone hating this game in here gona eat their hats off ( WRONG, game deeead within 3 weeks which is a record)

Lol
Truly an unhinged nutcase, seek therapy

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Cant counter

And proceed with insults

A classic signs of lower intelegence defence mechanism doesnt it
What's there to counter? You making up lies and creating fake quotes about what I apparently said... Which I didn't 🤣

Again only a psycho would go to that level to type up lies and then pretend it's reality. Again seek professional help